John Christner Trucking Employee Reviews

Has it’s high and low
Driver (Current Employee) –  Sapulpa, OKAugust 3, 2018
They want to treat you more like a company driver and not a lease operator. If you have to come off the road because of health reasons they want to put on your record abandoning of equipment because your not able to take it back even if it’s in your yard
Pros
Nice people
Cons
Doesn’t run some drivers as hard as they need to
Good runs, pay not good
Team Driver (Former Employee) –  Sapulpa, OKAugust 3, 2018
As a team we got good runs and was kept rolling.
When pay statements came out, there were deductions taken out of pay that was not agreed upon nor were we told about the charges.
Dispatchers were not straight forward with us and it only got worse the higher up the chain we went.
Pros
Good runs
Cons
No communication and too much misinformation coming from dispatch
Truck Driver Class A CDL (Former Employee) –  Sapulpa, OKJuly 30, 2018
John Christner is a great place to work. Very friendly people, always on your side. The Maintance department also did a great job, fixing our Truck problem.
Pros
Great people
Cons
More money would be nice
Great place to work, camaraderie among employees is superb
Weekend Operations manager (Former Employee) –  Sapulpa, OKJuly 25, 2018
Relaxed dress code , peak flows can de stressful at times, the management has open door policy , fellow employees jell together with common goal... Service to the customer. Load planning can be troublesome at times but therer is plenty support. Atmosphere is jollical but serious & one will learn they can depend on others in the departments, it's like a family
Pros
Quarterly meetings with dinner & bonuses. Company dinners for Thanksgiving & Christmas, Christmas bonus of extra paycheck
Cons
Long hours & drive to get to work on the toll road
good place to work just no pay raises or advancement
Warehouse Clerk (Current Employee) –  Sapulpa, OKJune 26, 2018
good place to work just no pay raises or advancement I drive about 100 miles round trip for working here and I really need more money or something closer to my home. for the most part it is a good place to work
Pros
flexible
Cons
no pay raises or advancement
Family
Driver's Settlement (Former Employee) –  Sapulpa, OKMay 23, 2018
They treated everyone that worked there like family it was amazing going in everyday. Everyone got along. The owner and his sons where great people to work for.
great place to work
Class A contractor (Former Employee) –  Sapulpa, OKMay 22, 2018
This is the best company i have ever worked for they have their stuff together they help you an never leave you. I would still be working there just have two daughters an need to be home .
We made good money
OTR driver (Former Employee) –  Sapulpa, OKMay 7, 2018
We were able to become debt free and build a house with no mortgage the first year we worked for them. It is a great place to drive for. If you budget your time, your money, and stay out at least 3 weeks in a month, you will be successful.
Great company to work for
Owner-Operator (Former Employee) –  Sapulpa, OKApril 10, 2018
Performed first class on-time deliveries of refrigerated and dry loads with maximum week of 4100 miles/ week.
• Drops, hooks, spots, switches and otherwise interchange equipment, including hooking and unhooking trailers. Pushing, pulling, placing, lifting and attaching or detaching of various types of converter gear when necessary.
• Efficiently completed all necessary paperwork/e-logs including inspection reports, manifests, bills of ladings, trip fuel and mileage, accident and other necessary reports required by law, regulation or company policy.
• Reviewed transportation and shipping tags and verified accuracy of inventory counts at all points of delivery.
Pros
Great Miles
Cons
Less than decent equiptment
Good place for team drivers to go
Driver (Current Employee) –  Sapulpa OklahomaMarch 8, 2018
I started with a driving partner and was making good money, but once my partner left it seems like the miles weren't there. Overall a good company with many good people but with any company there are issues as well
great please
LEASE OPERATOR/DRIVER (Former Employee) –  Sapulpa, OKFebruary 12, 2018
Family oriented will do what it takes to help their drivers, wont lie to you. vary honest. The whole time I worked for them they always took the time to correct a problem. Everyone in the office tries to work together
Lease Driver
Truck Driver (OTR) (Former Employee) –  Sapulpa, OKJanuary 15, 2018
Worked for JCT as a lease purchase driver/ owner operator. Made good miles and excellent pay, was taught how to run a successful business, I would recommend JCT to anyone.
Not for those who don’t want to stay out for 3 months at a time
OTR Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Sapulpa, OKJanuary 14, 2018
I teamed and it turned out horrible. They are good with drivers, but they want you to stay out for 3 months at a time before letting you go home for home time. Some office personnel knows you by name and the rest know you by number.
Pros
Good leasing program
Cons
No home time until they see fit.
Productive workplace
DRIVER (Former Employee) –  Sapulpa, OKNovember 13, 2017
great place to start when you are looking to do lease-purchase. they will show you the way, if you are willing to do the work. the pay you for the work you do.
Ok place to work
Lease Operator (Former Employee) –  Sapulpa, OKNovember 13, 2017
I was at JCT for 10 months. It is a ok company overall to work for. The miles are great 3,000+ most weeks. The only complaint is they do not give you enough time a lot of times to make on time delivery. If you are late with a load then you will get a service failure. If you get 2 service failures in a year then they will terminate your contract in most cases. They will give you a service failure even if you get sick and your sickness causes you to be late! All they care about is the load. Not you and your health. So just be careful when you apply with this company. If you run hard then this is a great company for you. If you are not a hard runner then you better reconsider. Good luck!
Pros
Great miles and decent pay
Cons
Rules are to strict on on time deliveries.
OTR Team Driver
Lease Operator Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Sapulpa, OKNovember 3, 2017
Great company, consistent freight and consistent miles. Solid people in the office and shop. Equipment taken care of very well. If you want to work and make money this is a good place to do it.
Long Haul driving
OTR Lease Operator (Former Employee) –  Sapulpa, OKOctober 29, 2017
Company was typical for a long haul/ lease operator company. I was fortunate to have a good supervisor and was always provided with home time as needed.
Average trucking company
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Sapulpa, OKOctober 26, 2017
I didn't have a problem with this company, the problem I had was the same as most trucking companies, low pay, I don't think that drivers are paid for the amount of work we do.
Pros
Good fleet
Cons
low pay
Need a job
Owner and Operator (Former Employee) –  Sapulpa, OKSeptember 21, 2017
I like to stay busy and I always put 110 percent into my job I have been told I work good with other people most of my driving experience is over the road would like to find a local driveing job
Wonderful atmosphere, Awesome management
Professional Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Sapulpa, OKSeptember 20, 2017
A typical day with John Christener Trucking consists of communication with your entire team. JCT staff takes the time to make each individual feel important. They are patient and willing to work you. The hardest part of the job would have to the backing for me personally, I have always had a hard time with that particular aspect of the job, other than that the workplace and job itself is amazing.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at John Christner Trucking. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

3.3InHerSight Score

3.6Personal Development

2.8Career Opportunities

3.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight