John Deere Employee Reviews

Found 1,345 reviews matching the search See all 2,212 reviews
okay place to work
Mechanical Designer (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 21, 2018
it was okay, John Deere purchased 3 companies and ruined them. They added a tremendous amount of overhead the the company and didn't seem to care as to helping the companies achieve their goals.
Run the other way!!
Assembler and Tractor Inspector (Current Employee) –  Grovetown, GASeptember 20, 2018
Brought on through MAU temp to hire. Worked there for over 1 year without even being considered for a permanent position. Lots of overtime, meaning not enough time for family. You help make tractors all year and watch permanent employees get a bonus at the end of the year for the work you helped do.
Pros
Ot
Cons
everything else
Not a very friendly place to work. More emphasis on how a person could lose their job rather than improve it.
Inventory Control Technician (Former Employee) –  Ankeny, IASeptember 19, 2018
No job security with frequent layoff periods
Absolutely no opportunity for advancement even with accreditations.
Frequent adverse management policies.
Pros
Some management people were great to work with, others not. Money and benefits were good.
Cons
Location difficult in harsh weather. Employee input not valued.
Awesome place to work
Fabricator (Former Employee) –  Thibodaux, LASeptember 17, 2018
I really enjoyed being part of the team there at John deere thibadoux .the management cared about the employees it was an exceptional work environment, just wish I could have been hired on full time ,I was just contract labor
Pros
Gifts at holidays, nice working conditions
Cons
Not permanent employment
Terrific place for Interns
Engineering Intern (Manufacturing) (Former Employee) –  Ottumwa, IASeptember 17, 2018
I was an engineering intern and it provided me with many years of engineering experience and exposure to engineering systems that I can use in the future.
quick job
Weld Line (Former Employee) –  Greeneville, TNSeptember 16, 2018
John Deere was a quick pace job that required the best skill set you had. The management always answered questions, and was there to provide you with feedback.
Seniority and Resource Pool disadvantages
CNC Machinist/Operator (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, IASeptember 14, 2018
Resource pool placement sucks if you don't get job you desire or are qualified for. Like drawing a name out of a hat. And seniority gets first pick one best jobs, not based on job quality or experience.
Pros
Health care benefits are free
Cons
7 month probationary period
Predetermined career path
CUSTOMER SUPPORT REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Ankeny, IASeptember 13, 2018
Management cared more about the check in the box for their own career than yours. Death by power point on a daily basis. Endless process of meaning less tasks to check off items.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Dull work
Good place to work.
Design Engineer (Powertrain) (Former Employee) –  Coffeyville, KSSeptember 13, 2018
Good system and software. CAD and FEA facilities.
High performance computing (super computer) clusters available.
Helpful and cooperative employees.
Flexible work hours.
Good place to work at
Assembler (Former Employee) –  East MolineSeptember 12, 2018
Good company to work for you. A lot of overtime and good management. Good working conditions. The company really takes good care of their employees and put safety first.
Pros
Pays wells
Cons
Should be fair union treatments
Great Company!
Manufacturing Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Moline, ILSeptember 11, 2018
Every work day you learn new things and you meet people who want to see you do great. The workplace culture is great and welcoming. I learned a lot about new and improved manufacturing processes it was exciting.
The pay is better then the surrounding companies.
Assembly Manufacturing Engineer (Former Employee) –  Grovetown, GASeptember 10, 2018
I was a contractor, hired to assist the start-up of a new third shift. For the hourly employee in Grovetown Ga. very few had over three years tenure. More the half of the hourly employees were contractors. This is a great location to pad your resume with a world class company but do not expect long term employment. The Grovetown plant is subject to economic swings and government trade policies.
Working there wasz great.
Fork Lift Operator (Former Employee) –  Davenport, IASeptember 10, 2018
Productive and fun at times.Had great times working there. I was there for eleven years. The weather was a great concern for Me. Had to travel an hour at least each way. Benefits were greart , I didnt pay for health coverage.My jobs was something I loved doing every day and was happy to do it.I enjoy driving the forklifted truck for eleven years and good at it. Miss doing that type of work. Overall a great time in my life even with some bad.
Pros
greart pay
Cons
long travel
great place to work. friendly atmosphere
Warranty Claims Specialist (Former Employee) –  Moline, ILSeptember 7, 2018
everyone is friendly to work for. feels like family. they do actvities to get everyone involved in team work. also tries to have get togethers after work.
Pros
great lunches
Decent place to work
Cost Accountant (Former Employee) –  Moline, ILSeptember 6, 2018
I liked working there. I was in a rotational program which allowed for some great experience within accounting. Unfortunately the rotational program is not well designed for families and so I made the choice to leave.
30 yrs to the day
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Horicon, WISeptember 6, 2018
i had thirty years of good hard work,i enjoyed every day i worked for john deere,i started young so i was able to leave young 22 to 52,this job gave me life after john deere , my wife and i have done other jobs because of john deere,like sub contracting work for another company,our own pizza buisness and our own trucking company,our five children saw how we worked and they have all suceeded in there jobs.
Pros
insurance, 30 and out if you want
Cons
John Deere is a great company to work for overall
Small Engine Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Dumas, TXSeptember 5, 2018
The lack of training to advance wasn't there. If i asked for help to learn something i wasn't familiar with they would help/show me but it wasn't as thorough as i needed it to be. I'm a hands on guy, i need to be shown or told then do it myself and if it needs improvement let me know what i'm doing wrong so I can get it right.
Pros
The work atmosphere, as stressful as it could be at times, was still very friendly and comfortable. They are a company that appreciates family.
Cons
Getting a direct answer on things i wasn't familiar with was almost impossible to get
Excellent place to work.
Professional assembler on large skid steer line. (Current Employee) –  Dubuque, IASeptember 4, 2018
My hire was a bit challenging with tests and interviews, but I am so happy to be here,It was worth the effort. Supervision ,and top management always make me feel very proud and comfortable Management here actually want you to succeed.
Pros
All, If your not lazy.
Cons
They want me to add negative to this review, but I can't find anything...
John Deere is a good company to work for
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 3, 2018
Great benefits and compensation. There is room for advancement and opportunities to relocate. Management works with you to balance your work life and your home life.
Pros
benefits, hours, advancement
Cons
hard work
Great depending on your needs / preferences
IT Intern (Former Employee) –  Moline, ILAugust 31, 2018
John Deere is a massive company that's not especially well known for tech. That said, there was an impressive amount of interesting / cutting edge tech jobs available. John Deere is one of the best employers in the area.
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at John Deere. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Women's ratings

3.8Fairygodboss Score

53%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

100%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss