John Deere Employee Reviews

Found 1,422 reviews matching the search See all 2,311 reviews
poor
Engineer (Former Employee) –  IllinoisNovember 18, 2018
Not what I expected. typical day- dysfunctional . Workplace culture still trying to find the overall good. Hardest part of job is finding what procedures to follow.
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Davenport, IANovember 17, 2018
Other then bad management It was a cool job hrs were a bit odd the bouncing around from job to job was fast paced, Very interesting place to work and great benefits
Difficult environment at 1st
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Horicon, WINovember 15, 2018
The 1st few months were very tough. It is definitely a mans world there, but once you get to know the guys, the better it was. Not all of them came around but most of them stopped looking down on me.
Great company to to work for
Designer (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GANovember 14, 2018
Great benefits and the company cares about it's employees. Hardest part of the job is dealing with bureaucratic red-tape inherent in a company this large.
Do things right
Mechanical Design Engineer (Former Employee) –  East Moline, ILNovember 12, 2018
John Deere had project management down to a science. They successfully implemented the most automation from design to manufacture than any other company I've ever worked for. Good overall experience.
My JD Factory & Corporate Experience was always Interesting and challenging. Never, never boring. It can be the same for any employee with desire!
Accountant/Inventory (Former Employee) –  Dubuque, IANovember 10, 2018
Retired 25years ago. Many different roles from Inv Clerk to Import/Export Port Insp. To Factory Shipping Scheduler. Then many different Supervisor ropes in 5 different Factories all leading to a final assignment as a Business Development Specialist over Outside Suppliers. That then lead to a second carrier following retirement as a Business Consultant. It was a great place to work and offered many daily challenges, for my entire career. The only negative is that the time went so fast. Then pension benefit now supports me and my ex-wife. The health Insurance was good until age 65 & Social Security took over, Luckily, A friend advised me to go to the VA as I found myself without any Insurance coverage at all. Once I did that, I am better off. Military service history saved my life
Working at John Deere
Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSNovember 10, 2018
Working at John Deere was really nice, enjoyed the opportunities of learning new software while on the job. During my time I was able to become a full control sharepoint administrator, create forms on InfoPath, schedule webex and Skype meetings when needed. The majority of coworkers were very friendly and easy to get along with.
Pros
Learning new software
Cons
contract job with no chance of being hired
Seasonal Assembly
Seasonal Assembler (Former Employee) –  Horicon, WINovember 10, 2018
Fast-paced and competitive environment, great pay, I was seasonal at the time of my employment. Lots of offered overtime and the opportunity to move to different departments.
Good pay
Pack-out (Former Employee) –  Johnson City, TNNovember 7, 2018
I was a temp .But not very supportive if injured.Management was not supportive.Work culture is the only other thing good about the job.My co-workers sure helped.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Not yearly
Good company
Production Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Des Moines, IANovember 6, 2018
I really enjoy working for John Deere, but I dislike the location of their facility. The company overall has a healthy employee culture and high employee engagement.
Productively
Manager (Former Employee) –  Tupelo, MSNovember 5, 2018
John Deere Needs benefit options, holiday pay, and better management. They need to care more about their employees.

They had an appeal outlet that had cute clothes and would recommend them to anyone.
Pros
Hour for lunch
Cons
Health care
Exciting job
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Grovetown, GANovember 5, 2018
It was an exciting job to have while I was there. I was able to learn not things I didn't know. When ever you needed help some one was there to show you some good things.
Management and floor personnel dis-connect.
Welding Mechanical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Moline, ILNovember 4, 2018
Visit the floor to discuss issues with personnel, make improvements as needed if possible. This was not easy with all the paperwork and approvals. Management would make discussion without the input of the production worker making their jobs very difficult at times. The hardest part of the job was not being involved with design decisions and then being ask to fix them. The most enjoyable was interaction with the shop floor.
Pros
Interaction with the production worker and learning new ideas.
Cons
Management and design changes
Productive fast paced
Config bay and tire change (Former Employee) –  Grovetown, GANovember 2, 2018
I enjoyed going to work everyday. All type of weather conditions I was there. Everyone is treated fairly and there is a 5 point system. Zero tolerance for no call no shows, people are great to work with I got along great with every one and would love to find another company just like it where ever I go next
Pros
Free lunch on fridays and get plenty of breaks beverages are provided for hot and cold days
Cons
Lunch break wasnt long enough. Working in extreme weather conditions
could have been great place to work
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Davenport, IANovember 1, 2018
I liked the work, but as a contract laborer my manager did not treat us as equals, no chance for permanent hire . worked a 3 month rotating schedule , 8 hrs per day
Pros
great learning opportunity
Cons
contracted labor
Productive and fast pace environment.
Material Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Dubuque, IAOctober 31, 2018
• Work with the material handlers to get hot material to the production line and assist with locating misallocated material
• Run daily shortage and COGI reports to reduce and/or eliminate material shortage impacts to the line
• Work with supply management to verify material shipping dates
• Monitor material part number changes and effectivity dates in SAP
• Work with Manufacturing/Design Engineers on identifying Build of Material errors and form a corrective action
• Work with different departmental teams to coordinate and monitor material staging process for Physical, Bay and V.I. Builds for preparation of new launches
Productive, busy workplace, never boring.
Paint Tech (Former Employee) –  Kernersville, NCOctober 31, 2018
I found this to be quite a nice company to work for, with friendly people and plenty of work to do. There was hardly ever a dull moment, and things were stable as clockwork at mostly any time.
Large Company
Human Resources (Current Employee) –  Moline, ILOctober 30, 2018
John Deere is a large ag company with offices and factory work. Each division has its own goals and processes, all working together toward the overall benefit of the company itself.
Good work enviorment
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOOctober 30, 2018
Management was good , Work was the same thing everyday,Standing in one place for long periods. The benefits were great.The people were good to work with also.
Pros
bonuses
working enviroment
Inventory Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fargo, NDOctober 29, 2018
most co-workers were fun and very helpful which made my job easy. the management were helpful as well. It was easy to get up and go into work knowing I had great individuals who I would be around.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at John Deere. Our community is ready to answer.

51K

See reviews about

Ratings from women

3.0InHerSight Score

2.9Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

3.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight