John Deere Employee Reviews

Found 1,521 reviews matching the search See all 2,456 reviews
Great work life balance
Talent Acquisition - Sourcing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 21, 2019
John Deere workplace culture offers great options for tele - working as well as flexible working hours. Helps manage ones work life balance. Great place to work!
Great Place to Work
Part-Time Student - Supplier Diversity Specialist (Current Employee) –  Moline, ILFebruary 20, 2019
I have been working there as a part time student while also attending college in the area and look forward to the opportunities that it provides me in the future. I have had the opportunity to meet multiple high management individuals as well as get involved in multiple networking opportunities.
great company
Inventory Manager (Current Employee) –  Fuquay-Varina, NCFebruary 19, 2019
this is a great company to work for and staying is easy since they are good paying and well compensated in benefits. I would recommend this company if presented with the opportunity.
A leader in the work place
Senior Analyst (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIFebruary 18, 2019
Deere is at the top for employee training and development, they invest in people and the results are the best achievers in the industry. They think long term, because that's what drives a Fortune 500 company.
Fun place to work
Assembler (Current Employee) –  East Moline, ILFebruary 17, 2019
The days go by fast, fun place to work, you don’t take your work home at all. Everyone is friend and ready to help when you ask for it, and the supervisors are very understanding
Fast paced workplace
Assembly Line Worker and material handler (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIFebruary 15, 2019
Fun people to be around and a great work experience for anyone who likes to use there hands or doesnt mind getting dirty and also the hours are very beneficial
Great Global Company with Midwest Values
Product Development Process Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, IAFebruary 15, 2019
Deere and Company has developed a company that is driven for success through the development of its workforce. The value family, the value hard work, and they value the individual.

Enjoyed my time there and I learned a lot.
Contingent Employee
Engineering Technician II (Contingent) (Former Employee) –  Moline, ILFebruary 15, 2019
Great place to work. Very busy position with little training and high consequence of error. Hardest part was working as a contingent employee next to and with Deere employees (I had all of the job responsibilities, yet none of the benefits). At the time of my hire I was told there could be an opportunity to transition into a full-time Deere position. Sadly, this did not come about.
Pros
Nice people to work with; pleasant environment and facility
Cons
Unable to transition into full-time Deere position (none available).
Okay place to work.
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Horicon, WIFebruary 14, 2019
John Deere is a good place to work if u don't have a life or kids. But if u have kids i wouldn't choose to work their. You work long hours and sometimes u work 6 to 7 days a week,
Very tier focused
Deskside Support Technician (Current Employee) –  Horicon, WIFebruary 13, 2019
I was making more money as a software trainer. Took this job with downturn in economy. Still cannot find suitable employment and compensation. I want to work with an organization who values a degree and compensates accurately for it.
Pros
Working in the offices now versus all factory support
Cons
Factory IT work, dirty
Too structured -
Contractor Test Engineer (Former Employee) –  Morrisville, NCFebruary 13, 2019
Come to work- Lunch-work afternoon- Go home

Received no knowledge benefits

Immediate manager was best thing about being there

Culture - Can't really say

Hardest part of job - New job minimal training

Best part of job - Immediate manager was a smart, personable and informed.
Productive organization
Research Analyst (Former Employee) –  USFebruary 13, 2019
A typical manufacturing organization that values innovation at its core. Optimization of efforts plays a central part. Its a wonderful organization to be a part of
Long hours, poor management, fast paced, good benifits
Assembler/Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Horicon, WIFebruary 12, 2019
If management fails, they take it out on the employees'.
Amazing benefits, Long hours, Learned to multitask on many levels
The hardest part of the job for me would be that I was a fill in and had to learn over 50+jobs and run anyone of them at any time.
Most enjoyable part of the job was the people and friends I have made over the years.
Benefits
Never worked for John Deere
Productive Resources Contractor (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, IAFebruary 12, 2019
I have not worked directly for John Deere. As a Contractor it was ok working for this company. Trying to get a permanent job with JD after being a contractor was next to impossible as JD does not like to hire contractors.
Benefits
Parts Picker (Former Employee) –  Milan, ILFebruary 12, 2019
think company should offer affordable health insurance to temp employees, the work was alright and the pay was decent. Temp employees work just as hard as regular employees
Overall good company to work for
Assembler/Master Utility Worker (Former Employee) –  Ankeny, IAFebruary 11, 2019
Great benefits! Great Pay! Union is very proactive and fight for benefits. The benefit package is great and this company is one of few that pays insurance for the entire family.
Pros
Great Benefits and pay!
Cons
Multiple layoffs throughout the year
Good job, hard to advance
Credit Analyst II (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIFebruary 11, 2019
I love my job, but I'm looking elsewhere because it's pretty hard to advance due to cultural issues. Certain jobs are in certain locations, etc. They paid for my Master's Degree, but I can't get a job in my field. They pay a good wage, but the annual increases are small. Great bonus structure. Nurturing environment.
Pros
Good Wages
Cons
Poor Advancement
Una empresa que es muy competitiva
Manager Schedule Production Control (Former Employee) –  Mexico, MOFebruary 11, 2019
la empresa tiene una estrategia muy bien diseñada y sustentada en la mano de obra laborar, las prestaciones son muy buenas y aprendes mucho dentro de esta empresa.
Pros
Muchos trabajo
Cons
N/a
Great
Assembler (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GAFebruary 7, 2019
The work atmosphere is great. I love working here. The people are awesome. The days are regular 8 hour shifts. There is room to really grow at John Deere.
Great Benefits
Part Time Student (Former Employee) –  Fargo, NDFebruary 7, 2019
JDES has great benefits and offers very competitive wages (maybe the best in the area) for college students. As long as you continue to work well with others and carry out your job duties, it is likely that you'll receive an offer for their Employee Development Program (EDP) that starts as soon as you graduate college. They offer 401k match, which is about 300% on the first 2% of your paycheck and then about 100% of the next 6%. However, that match goes away if you don't work for them over 3 years because you wouldn't be fully vested.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at John Deere. Our community is ready to answer.

51.1K

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP35%
In the Top 35% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at John Deere.

Powered by Comparably