John Deere Employee Reviews

You are just another number
Scheduler/Planner (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOMarch 29, 2018
Coming from a culture where management treated everyone with the respect of business owners to John Deere was a culture shock to say the least. I went from being a fully functional and knowledgeable part of an organization to having to ask permission to do my job!
Pitifully run in the Springfield, MO area.
Pros
Cons
Management knows all, pushes an SAP system that is NOT designed for Remanufacturing
Not my kind of work
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Greeneville, TNMarch 29, 2018
I did not like it the workers were not friendly and did not make you feel welcome. The management team is not very compassionate when you have an issue
Hard work and moderate pay, lots of overtime
Warranty Claims Processor & Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Bay City, TXMarch 28, 2018
Long days, lots of overtime, flexible days off, OJT and some formal computer based training. Hardest part of the job is the internal stress I place upon myself, best part of the job is positive work environment, flexible hours.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
long, long hours
Productive and fun work place
John Deere Assistant Manager of the three (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, IAMarch 27, 2018
John Deere is an amazing company to work for. I am actually applying to move up at John Deere but I am not opposed to other jobs. Wonderful work environment.
Pros
Being in control, free lunch sometimes, discounts on John Deere Items, good breaks and can take a break at anytime, personal computer, good hours
Cons
Not the best health care.
Not a place for me.
Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, IAMarch 26, 2018
John Deere was the worst place I have ever worked, you do the same thing everyday. My consist of hauling product from one part of the facility to another.
John Deere rdc
forklift operator (Current Employee) –  McDonough, GAMarch 26, 2018
Great place to work. Paid time off , vacations, helps to try and keep the morale high in the facility as well as respect, integrity, and other core values.
know what you are getting into
Production Line Repair Technician II (Former Employee) –  Fargo, NDMarch 23, 2018
I worked 6a - 2p Monday to Friday. During the busy times you will be working 10-12 hour days and if really busy expect to work MANDATORY Saturday and Sunday. If it is slow, and the offer is there for you to leave early make sure you keep track of that because it does count against your attendance.
Pros
decent healthcare
Cons
a lot of politics
Job duties
Quality Assurance Manager (Former Employee) –  Dubuque, IAMarch 22, 2018
I enjoyed my job duties because it was customer service and projects. There was a working queue where tickets were assigned from. For the past years i have had the most tickets.
good brand, good owners
Technician (Former Employee) –  NYMarch 21, 2018
I found that the best part of the job was working with customers to find solutions for their heavy equipment needs, and knowing I was selling a brand they could depend on.
Pros
good training, good brand
Cons
workplace culture could use some help
Assembly Line Worker (Current Employee) –  Coffeyville, KSMarch 20, 2018
Fast paste and a fun environment place to work at times. Very good money and great insurance. People we're usually nice and easy to work with. The days went by fairly slow though.
2nd Oldest Corporation in the US
Senior Pricing Analyst, Global (Former Employee) –  Moline, ILMarch 19, 2018
As an innovator at the leading edge of technology and ideas, I was given free reign to put massive marks on processes and financial performance. People are gracious here. The location is 2.5 hours from Chicago and right on the Mississippi River.
Pros
Easy commute, decent pay
Cons
The politics of advancement
Professional and rewarding
Manufacturing Engineer (Former Employee) –  Coffeyville, KSMarch 17, 2018
John Deere is very focused on developing and retaining talented employees. They provide more than fair benefits and salary. There are many opportunities for advancement. Most managers are extremely flexible and understanding about work life balance and letting you manage your own work schedule and out of work engagements.
Pros
Pay/Benefits, flexible schedule, goal oriented
Cons
A little slow to embrace innovation
Live-able pay with good co-workers
Senior Engineer (Current Employee) –  Urbandale, IAMarch 17, 2018
The pay is good and the co-workers are dedicated. Very mid-western, slightly laid-back culture, which I like. Advancement is based more on who you know than qualifications. Technical career path non-existent.
Pros
Full benefits
Cons
Advancement opportunities
not a good place to work
welder all aspects (Former Employee) –  Paton, IAMarch 14, 2018
not a good place to work ,may be other plant are better not at Paton Iowa. I would not tell anyone I know to get a job there.Management sucks pay sucks and it is a harassing environment.
Pros
Cons
just working there
Great Company/Great People
Tractor Inspector (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, IAMarch 14, 2018
Typically everyone works and behaves professionally, great atmosphere, clean environment, pleasant management, friendly and positive overall and would like to work for again.
Worked for 30 years at John Deere.
INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Moline, ILMarch 11, 2018
I retired from John Deere and there is not a better company. I am very thankful for the years spent there and grateful for the opportunity to work for such a wonderful company.
productive workplace
Electrician/Inspector/Safety Rep (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, IAMarch 10, 2018
I absolutely loved working for john deere, everyone worked together and most everyone was very qualified to do their job.they had great management and great employees.
Pros
great wages
Cons
a lot of overtime
Excellent company
Supervisor Supply Management (Former Employee) –  Moline, ILMarch 10, 2018
Great company with great respect around the globe, dedicated to their employees, their products, and their shareholders. Great vision and execution for long term growth and success.
Great opportunity to build my HR knowledge
Division Manager, HR (Current Employee) –  Moline, ILMarch 10, 2018
There is a lot of opportunity to grow in your career at John Deere. Depending on which location you work at the hours are long and mostly fulfilling. As with any role in HR some days are tough.
Great place with a good ping pong table and baseball team
Data Sciences Analyst, Intern (Current Employee) –  ChampaignMarch 9, 2018
It's great team with several PhD and Masters students across different majors like Physics, Statistics, Agriculture and Information Systems. Get to learn a lot from everyone.
Pros
free lunches, office parties, snacks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at John Deere. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Powered by Comparably

70out of 100

The Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at John Deere.