John Deere Employee Reviews

Found 1,670 reviews matching the search See all 2,670 reviews
Good environment to work in
Shipping and receiving / Lead (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOJuly 12, 2019
Great pay and great people to work with hours are great and overtime when needed overall it's a great location in Springfield Missouri although I would liked to have stayed but family needed me most
Nothing But Good Thoughts
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Grovetown, GAJuly 11, 2019
Depending on the work week, it was mostly steady but can get busy or slow. I was responsible for delivering parts to the different warehouses before they ran out and also loading and unloading parts to be placed in location. Occasionally would need to organize the warehouse in order to better find the parts. Mostly using the forklift tomove around the warehouse. Some housekeeping in certain areas. Never was bother by management because I kept detailed information about everything in storage. Sometimes worked on Saturdays but overall a good experience.
Not with the times
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Grovetown, GA 30813July 11, 2019
It would be really hard to recommend the Grovetown location of John Deere to anyone intrinsically motivated..... Communication is limited from management - I was autonomous from day one (good), but my immediate supervisor did not offer mentoring, feedback, or a long-term gameplan for becoming a permanent- which is needed when attempting to make a job into a career. A majority of employees (including management) are contingent (temporary). Most management are transfers from other John Deere locations, or on an immigrant visa sponsorship.
great place to work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, IAJuly 9, 2019
They make you feel like one of the team even though you are a temp. everyone is friendly. There are a lot of meetings we have to go to. The factory where they make the tractors was cleaner then I expected.
Pros
feel like one of the team
Cons
short breaks
Cares about employee growth and balance
Corrosion Engineering Lead (Former Employee) –  Dubuque, IAJuly 9, 2019
John Deere is a great company to work with while considering your career plans and providing an opportunity to be the best you are. This is one of the most financially stable companies that avoids cutting workforce while maintaining a profitable business.
John Deere
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, IAJuly 9, 2019
If you are a female or older don't waste your time. Also if you are not at least 6 foot tall. They say that everyone can do any job. This is not true because if you are not tall enough to be fast enough to do some jobs it gets held against you. The last job I was one a woman was injured and they still had not improved the situation. You only have a limited amount of time to complete a split and when you have to use a stool or what not you go over on your tac time.
Good
Auditor (Former Employee) –  Grovetown, GAJuly 3, 2019
Help with moving inventory then count it to make sure accuracy is correct then input the data observed into a laptop on spread sheet to be computed for the next day of assignments
Loved my job at John Deere
Spec Analyst (Former Employee) –  Coffeyville, KSJuly 3, 2019
Great place to work. Nice employees. Would go back if I ever get the chance.

Great management.

Challenging job.

Awesome employees to work with.
Pros
Great place to work.
Very Respectful environment/ Down to earth staff.
Zone Leader/Assembler (Former Employee) –  Grovetown, GAJuly 2, 2019
Very easy work and much to do to keep your mind intrigued. The employees as well as the other supervisors are really nice. The company drives safety across the board to ensure everyone returns to their families the same way they left.
It was a place I wished I cld have stayed at
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  East Moline, ILJuly 2, 2019
Enjoyed my time there wld recommend it to anyone .they were always helpful employees there and management always wld train as needed I wld go back if available
Could always be better
Student (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, IAJuly 1, 2019
difficult to transition from part time student program to full time employment. student benefits were alright. learned a lot about manufacturing engineering. everyone else seems stressed and overworked. biggest feeling I have is that I, and my skill set, were underutilized in most of my time as a student ME.
Pros
Students are offered PTO, 401k, and Health Care
Cons
I feel like I could have learned and done more, if only given the opportunity to do so.
Great Benefits, Great Work-Life-Balance - Poor Engagement
Account Credit Manager (Credit Analyst III) (Current Employee) –  Johnston, IAJuly 1, 2019
When it comes to taking care of employees, John Deere is fantastic. Benefits are great, opportunities are abound, and work-life-balance is fantastic. However, the company struggles to adequately engage + motivate employees across the organization. Many pockets of the company where collaboration, engagement, and willingness to work together are minimal.
Pros
Cafeteria, Pension, Fortune 50 Company, Valuable Work
Cons
Large Corporate Culture
Relax and fast pace environment
Machine Operator/Assembler (Former Employee) –  Davenport, IAJune 30, 2019
John Deere really are a company where a person can work and same time
I would go back but I relocated to a different city and state
I had an overall
Seasonal Worker to Team Lead to out the Door
G950 Production - Team Lead - Assembly (Former Employee) –  Horicon, WIJune 29, 2019
John Deere is terrible. I used to think that this was an "American Company". but they are the farthest from it. Treat they employees like dirt. Lie about things that would impact your health (such as shutting the venting to outside because they were violating their promise to the EPA. This cause the indoor temperatures during the middle of summer to spike 15+ degrees to well over a 100 degrees. When we issued concern they told us they had no idea why there would be a spike in the temperature and that nothing has changed - so basically it was in our heads. 5 months later, it comes out that they had shut the vents to slow the release of emissions into the air so they could be certified as a "green plant"). These people don't care anything about the people. It's about their bottom line and Managements pocket book. Why would any good American want to work for a company that doesn't any Taxes !!! ZERO TAXES - ENTIRE JOHN DEERE CORPORATION - INTERNATIONAL AS WELL. ZERO TAXES. LOOK IT UP.
Great work
Paint Prepper (Former Employee) –  Greeneville, TNJune 26, 2019
Very awesome place to work and very understanding bosses and made a lot of friends people really help and there is a lot they want to let you learn if you want
Great Pay
DATA ENTRY CLERK (Former Employee) –  Grovetown, GAJune 26, 2019
Great pay and fast paced and great staff. Long hours though. Enjoyed the money and the managers would reward us with lunch. Didnt like the long hours.
learning experience
LR/HR Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Milan, ILJune 25, 2019
great place to learn UAW and labor relations. the current LR supervisor is great to work with and has immense knowledge regarding labor laws and dealing with union staff
Fast paced no team work .
Engine assembly (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MOJune 25, 2019
I work second shift with no chance of advancing to first shift at current pay rate . No team invironment . Hostile work invironment with other employees .
Horrible place to work as a wage employee don’t care about your family
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, IAJune 24, 2019
I didn’t like how John deer wanted you to pick your work life over your family time.. the money was ok but the management didn’t care about you and always want you to never be with your family that was my biggest concern
no life
Order Puller (Current Employee) –  McDonough, GAJune 23, 2019
You will get paid real nice and the company is a great company.The workplace culture is pretty good and the co workers are good.The problem really is with management.
Pros
pay benefits
Cons
no time off

Ask a question about working or interviewing at John Deere. Our community is ready to answer.

51.2K

Women's ratings

3.7Fairygodboss Score

50%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

62%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss