John F. Kennedy Memorial Hospital Employee Reviews

Somewhat difficult depending on the artitude of the Head of each Position of the Hospital. However, in some areas there is substantial stability.
Human Resource Manager (Former Employee) –  Indio, CaliforniaNovember 8, 2018
A typical day at work often consisted of undesirable treatment from management, making it difficult to enhance pride and modesty. I learned to be modest and proud instead of the insolence. Workplace culture reflected swagger and arrogance, resulting in dishonor instead of friendship. The hardest part of the job was in making a daily effort to maintain a social and friendly attitude instead of discord and hostility.
The most enjoyable part of the job was my daily effort to insist upon being kind, considerate and helpful inspite of the unkindness that was pervasive.
Pros
There were times when there was gratitude extended, which was extremely helpful in maintaining a smile.
Cons
Extreme petulance, grouchiness, and ingratitude was pervasive.
November 11, 2018

We are sorry to hear about your experience but appreciate you voicing your concern. We believe that our employees are our greatest asset and are always looking to improve our offerings.

Jfk
Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) (Current Employee) –  Indio, CAJuly 12, 2018
Love working there. The people you meet there are as nice as can be and are always there to help you if you need anything and are always willing to get yo u anything you need.
July 13, 2018

We appreciate this feedback. We're thrilled to hear you're so happy in your role.

Good pay, unprofessional culture
RN (Former Employee) –  Indio, CAJune 30, 2018
Lazy, unprofessional culture in the E.R. seems to be acceptable even in the presence of union. Management is aware and sympathetic to the obvious issue but does nothing to change the culture.
Pros
Compensation and benefits
July 2, 2018

Thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear about your experience but appreciate you voicing your concern.

Fun
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Indio, CAJune 13, 2018
Some days are busier than others but overall it is good. Other volunteer ladies were very kind and helpful. Lunch is also free. I sit the entire time I'm there but I love taking the lists of patients to each department because I get to walk around.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
sitting for a long period of time
June 15, 2018

Thank you for your positive review! Our employees are the heart of our organization and are crucial to JFK Memorial's success.

Productivity
Director (Current Employee) –  Indio, CAJune 3, 2018
Always productive and fast paced environment. The unit directors are fair to work with and always being proactive versus reactive. Constant communication.
June 5, 2018

Working environment is like family
Respiratory Care Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Indio, CAMay 27, 2018
I've been working at JFK almost 20 years and it's like family. Everyone is friendly, the doctors know you, and everyone works well together. I would recommend to family and friends
May 29, 2018

Thank you for your review! Our employees are the heart of our organization and are crucial to JFK Memorial Hospital's success.

Average
Medical (Current Employee) –  Indio, CAFebruary 11, 2018
Great benefits but they LOVE to flex to census so they cannot keep good staff. Always feel like we're under the some subtle threat of closure/losing job. That makes it stressful
Pros
benefits, salary.
Cons
disorganized, management changes
February 12, 2018

Thank you for leaving an honest review about JFK Memorial Hospital's management. It is important that our employees feel they can be heard at all times.

Tenet hospitals are the best!!
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Indio, CAJanuary 23, 2018
I loved working at JFK Memorial hospital. I was there 4 years and I transferred to almost all the departments there. All the nurses were friendly and kind, I felt like family. I was given all my breaks and I never had a problem with managment. Do not consider any non tenet hospitals because you will not be treated like this. Tenet hospitals are by far the best!! I transffered to Desert Regional (tenet hospital as well) and will continue to work for tenet as long as I shall live.
Pros
Union, breaks, health benefits
Cons
Low census
January 26, 2018

Thank you for your positive feedback. At JFK Memorial Hospital we look to provide successful careers for all our employees.

stressful
Catering Associate (Former Employee) –  Indio, CADecember 11, 2017
I don't have much to say regarding this job,in my department there was no customer service for the patients, or great team work with the staff. Managment was not good felt so judged to do my job y catering to the patients and when I did it was unacceptab;le.
Pros
good lunch area
Cons
not good management
Excellent Learning Experience as a Supervisor
Supervisor of Microbiology (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLNovember 8, 2017
My position allowed me to implement new procedures, design a new laboratory, hire and train new staff, and work closely with Infection Control and the Infectious Disease physicians.
Staff is great and fun to work with.
RN (Former Employee) –  Indio, CAOctober 17, 2017
Assessing 4 mothers/4 babies. Administering PO/IM/SC medications to both mother and baby. Dressing changes/staple removal, helping with breastfeeding, pt. teaching and admitting/discharging. Not being a Mother myself, I learned a lot about babies. The management was fine, but we were often short staffed and sometimes did not get lunch. The hardest part was not having a nurse aid on the floor. It's hard to make everyone happy when you have eight pt.'s and two, three, maybe four are all calling at once and you are only one person. Having nurse aid's on the unit would be a HUGE improvement. The most enjoyable part of the job was the rapport with my co-workers.
Pros
Nursing staff
Cons
No CNA's on the floor with such a high acuity and turn-over.
October 18, 2017

We appreciate your feedback. It is important that our employees feel they can be heard at all times.

professional
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Indio, CASeptember 20, 2017
verify patient information , make sure you are not redrawing same tubes prepare patient for the draw, be informative and alert this was another one of my favorite jobs, hospital is always a good place to work. everybody got along, diversity culture management was nice.
September 22, 2017

We appreciate your feedback. Our employees are the heart of our organization and are crucial to JFK Memorial's success.

Patient Advocate II (Former Employee) –  Indio, CASeptember 19, 2017
Excellent place to work. Competitive Salary and excellent benefits. Professional people. Very organized place to work. Constantly changing to upgrade.
extremely fast paced
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Indio, CASeptember 18, 2017
I love the people I work with, the language barrier can be stressful at times but there are tools to work around that. Not for the slow paced nurse. At times can be very hectic with only 12 beds and growing population.
Pros
good benefits, fair pay
Cons
no incentives for advancement, wish ER RNs were paid more
September 19, 2017

Thank you for your feedback. We believe that our employees are our greatest asset and are always looking to improve our offerings.

poor
RN/Staff Nurse - Telemetry/Step Down (Former Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJJuly 20, 2017
good stepping stone to more specialized positions. typical hospital culture. insensitive to staff needs. skeleton crews typical. If you are looking for team environment, look elsewhere.
Need help with very thing in the hospital
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Indio, CAJuly 17, 2017
JFK Memorial Hospital should try to be more like the hospital in palm springs. JFK needs more experienced doctors, also JFK needs respectful workers that are both respectful to patients and co-workers. I have experienced moments in JFK where works would make fun of people that were dying. Everyone needs to respect each other while working there, also the workers should try to be a little more kind to others.
Pros
Like the fun that i had
Cons
Desrispectful people
Hospital Pharmacy tech
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Indio, CAJuly 1, 2017
I worked hospital pharmacy for 16 years. I loved working with the hospital staff. I enjoyed learning and growing in this company.
My goal was to advance and further my education.
Very productive
Engineering Secretary (Former Employee) –  Indio, CAMay 18, 2017
Very fast paced
A lot about my duties
Management was OK
This was a Hospital environment
A lot of footwork
Doing what I was trained to do
Learned a lot more about computers
Pros
1 hour lunch
Cons
Supervisor was a little overbearing
Excellent team work, caring and respectful management.
LVN (Former Employee) –  Indio, CAJanuary 6, 2017
My experience as a Med Surg LVN at JFK Memorial Hospital added to my nursing experience and made me a better nurse, a better person, and more caring.

There was never a dull moment at JFK. The staff worked together as a team. My typical day was very productive. The primary reasons contributing to my productivity was the opportunity to work 12 hour shifts with a maximum workload of 5 patients.
Pros
Management showed appreciation, gifts.
Cons
Union not necessary for nurses.
The Best Little Hospital in Southern California
Patient Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Intensive Care UnitDecember 7, 2016
Professional AND friendly work atmosphere.
Nurses are treated fairly, with respect and as vital members of the Multidisciplinary team. Strong application of standards of practice with input from staff. Working towards evidenced based practices, best practices and continuous quality improvement of care.
Pros
Self Scheduling

Ask a question about working or interviewing at John F. Kennedy Memorial Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about