John Knox Village Employee Reviews

a happy enviornment
Patient Care Technician Externship (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 30, 2018
My coworkers were very polite and enthusiastic in helping me improve my skills.We helped each other and communicated well. It was a great experience. Thanks team.
Pros
communications
Cons
i did not experienced one.
job summary
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 20, 2018
staff was always willing to help, if questions need to be answered there is always someone there to help with those questions, left there with letter of recommendation from staff.
Na
Groundskeeper/Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Pompano Beach, FLJuly 13, 2018
Nothing to say about John knox it pays the bills and that is all I have to say I mean it’s not a bad company but I have nothing to really say about it at the moment
staff PT
Home Heathcare Physical Therapist (Former Employee) –  Lees Summit, MOJuly 12, 2018
immediate boss was great but new manager came in with intent of changing culture prior to outsourcing of PT services to for profit entity, great coworkers
John Knox Villiage
Rehabilitation Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Orange City, FLJuly 4, 2018
Offered opportunity to work post surgical patients as well as long term care/hospice. Ability to form relationships with patients and families.A good company for variety.
I really didnt like working here
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Weslaco, TXMay 29, 2018
I didn't like working at John Knox Village, only because this company has their favorites, I personally didn't think it was fair at all. I worked the night shift and there was another girl who didn't like to do anything and when I got my 3 month evaluation the head nurse said that I never did anything. So I choose to leave because of that. I mean I just started working in the medical field and for something like that to be on my record I don't thing so.
Great staff and residents where alsome
Tampa, fl Executive Chef 2 (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 22, 2018
Great job. Residents grew on you. Some of them got really close to you and i liked that atmosphere. Best staff although some times we had to deal with flair up.
Pros
Getting to know residents
Cons
Short staffed a lot of the times
I don't know
Patient Care Technician Externship (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 15, 2018
This was Externship for school had to do 180 hrs. of CNA Training to graduate for Ultimate Medical Academy and write how we like doing this because it take a special person to do this.
They build an employee gym and the membership is free
Dinning Service (Current Employee) –  Pompano Beach, FLMay 4, 2018
The company is good to work for but with any job you have people that come to work and then there are others that come to have you work for them and those are the lazy people
Pros
Paid time off, scholarships programs, and a hardship funding
Cons
The work is hard and the pay isn’t that great
Great Entry Level Job
Dining Room wait staff (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 25, 2018
This is great entry level position for the food industry. I am currently looking to find something in a different career path. The most enjoyable part of this job was dealing with the residents daily.
John Knox Village
Maid/Housekeeping Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Orange City, FLApril 24, 2018
A typical day at work consisted of coming and stocking the golf carts and stopping at each resident and doing some quick and easy housekeeping every 2 weeks, sometimes moving items residents can't and cleaning windows and sweeping porches. Mostly just taking care of all the housekeeping needs of the elderly. I did not learn a whole lot from management due to not really interacting with her. The workplace culture was kind of just the usual nobody really got too close with each other. The hardest part was losing residents and the repeativeness of the job itself, but I really enjoyed taking care of those people!
Fun enjoyable place to work except the managers are all over the place
Waiter/Server (Former Employee) –  Lees Summit, MOApril 16, 2018
I enjoyed worked at John Knox for over a year and learned a lot of life skills. Patience as well as being able to socialize and converse with many different people are probably the most important skills I learned. In my opinion, the managers all had different rules/requirements they expected us to follow and they were never on the same page. For example, the manager on Monday night might require things done a certain way and the manager on Tuesday night would get on you for doing it the way you were told to do it on Monday.
Pros
Free food and discounts from the grill, long breaks depending on the shift
Cons
Terrible management at Fireside
Dietary Aid
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Orange City, FL 32763April 7, 2018
I worked in the kitchen as dietary aid and prepared trays, meals for assisted living adults. The hardest part of the job was the team work. No one ever ask if you need help and assumes you know what to do.
benefits
Cons
team work
great places to be a wonderful places to work
Nursing Assistant Externship (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 5, 2018
i love to be there the area is out standing i think god for it very calm and pleasing i would do anything to get there again i was thinkful for it. and retune and and a heart beat.
Do not apply at this farce of a company
worker (Current Employee) –  MissouriMarch 10, 2018
Managers background was not even in the medical field, got wrote up for a policy she/he didn't even know how to explain to me. Co-workers were back stabbing. Trained by 5 different people, blamed for things that were out of my control, or I knew nothing about.
Pros
No pros anywhere in that group, pun intended
Cons
Rules made as you go along
Terrible place to work
Warehouse Manager (Former Employee) –  Pompano Beach, FLMarch 8, 2018
Company is horrible. Management is inept. The left hand has no idea what the right hand is doing. There is discrimination by management staff. Had to get lawyers involved at times in order to be paid. DO NOT RECOMMEND!
Poor Management and unfair pay.
Food Service PRN (Former Employee) –  Lee's Summit, MOFebruary 23, 2018
Really low pay for the amount of work you do as well as the management can be very unfair and un-understanding of certain situations. i would not work there again
Pros
Free breakfast/lunch/and dinner.
Cons
unfair pay.
It was a great place to work fun and productive
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lees Summit, MOFebruary 20, 2018
It was a productive day good fast paced day worked hard .Loved working with the people and co workers . Need our breaks and restroom breaks though .But overall good
Pros
stable job
Cons
need a day off when we are supposed to have one .
good place to work, easy advancement
HOUSEKEEPING (Former Employee) –  Lees Summit, MOFebruary 16, 2018
competitive pay, good benefits, staffed well. able to get overtime. able to move up the ladder easily. good shift differentials, team players. good management
Fun Place to Work
Paramedic (Former Employee) –  Lee's Summit, MOFebruary 14, 2018
Fellow Employees were great
Long days
Benefits
PTO
Original Manager was great