John Knox Village Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Lpn
LPN (Former Employee) –  Lees Summit, MOOctober 10, 2018
This place has issues, lots of territorial employees, lots of drama, lots of gossip, high turn over, poor management, no support from management for employees.
Pros
holiday parties, community function
Cons
very friendly place to work for
Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Pompano Beach, FLOctober 6, 2018
very, very nice resident, they make you want to come to work, very appreciative and kindness people I ever work for, from the C.E.O to the department Manager.
Fun
Dietary Assistant (during high school) (Former Employee) –  Orange City, FLOctober 4, 2018
Typical day would we serving the clients that could no longer serve themselves. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting the clients and building a relationship with them.
Nurses Aide
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pompano Beach, FLOctober 4, 2018
Job experience pleasant, staff older and dependable. Teamwork was great. No one breathes down your neck, just allows you to do your job without drama.
not worth it
Transporter (Former Employee) –  Pompano Beach, FLSeptember 18, 2018
management is terrible , you end up doing a lot for little pay.... do not get comfortable unless you like the position your in, if not leave no growth.
Pros
free lemonade
Cons
management
Wait staff (Former Employee) –  Pompano Beach flSeptember 10, 2018
Management and hr is just terrible. They all look out for each other rather they are right or wrong. It's not a great place to work . Even though they win the award this year. Managers talk to staff like the are children. There is no respect, nor teamwork.
run
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lees Summit, MOSeptember 7, 2018
Horrible HR Dept. Very cliquish. Breeding ground for entry-level position. I enjoyed working with the patients but did not enjoy the staff. Bad bad.
Pros
nice patients
Cons
outdated HR - weak management
Great place
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lees Summit, MOSeptember 6, 2018
John knox was a great job. Ran soomthly. Mostly everything was clean. They did have a bug problem but only at night. Managers are fun ans understanding
Poor management
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT - HOME HEALTH (Current Employee) –  Lee's Summit, MOAugust 27, 2018
Poor management, negative atmosphere,treated like children, lay people off frequently, seemingly without cause, putting undo stress on the staff remaining
Productive and fun place
Time management (Current Employee) –  Lees summitAugust 24, 2018
I never dread going to work I love my residents and getting to personally know them! I’m so glad I get the opportunity to work with them, they all almost always have a smile on their face to brighten up your day
environment relaxing at time
Certified Nursing Assistant/Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Pompano Beach, FLAugust 10, 2018
If you do your job leaving all person life at home and do not take cultural clash personally this can be a great place to work. As knowledge is power this can be gain every day.
Pros
good team players
Cons
compensation too low
a happy enviornment
Patient Care Technician Externship (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 30, 2018
My coworkers were very polite and enthusiastic in helping me improve my skills.We helped each other and communicated well. It was a great experience. Thanks team.
Pros
communications
Cons
i did not experienced one.
job summary
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 20, 2018
staff was always willing to help, if questions need to be answered there is always someone there to help with those questions, left there with letter of recommendation from staff.
Na
Groundskeeper/Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Pompano Beach, FLJuly 13, 2018
Nothing to say about John knox it pays the bills and that is all I have to say I mean it’s not a bad company but I have nothing to really say about it at the moment
staff PT
Home Heathcare Physical Therapist (Former Employee) –  Lees Summit, MOJuly 12, 2018
immediate boss was great but new manager came in with intent of changing culture prior to outsourcing of PT services to for profit entity, great coworkers
John Knox Villiage
Rehabilitation Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Orange City, FLJuly 4, 2018
Offered opportunity to work post surgical patients as well as long term care/hospice. Ability to form relationships with patients and families.A good company for variety.
I really didnt like working here
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Weslaco, TXMay 29, 2018
I didn't like working at John Knox Village, only because this company has their favorites, I personally didn't think it was fair at all. I worked the night shift and there was another girl who didn't like to do anything and when I got my 3 month evaluation the head nurse said that I never did anything. So I choose to leave because of that. I mean I just started working in the medical field and for something like that to be on my record I don't thing so.
Great staff and residents where alsome
Tampa, fl Executive Chef 2 (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 22, 2018
Great job. Residents grew on you. Some of them got really close to you and i liked that atmosphere. Best staff although some times we had to deal with flair up.
Pros
Getting to know residents
Cons
Short staffed a lot of the times
I don't know
Patient Care Technician Externship (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 15, 2018
This was Externship for school had to do 180 hrs. of CNA Training to graduate for Ultimate Medical Academy and write how we like doing this because it take a special person to do this.
They build an employee gym and the membership is free
Dinning Service (Current Employee) –  Pompano Beach, FLMay 4, 2018
The company is good to work for but with any job you have people that come to work and then there are others that come to have you work for them and those are the lazy people
Pros
Paid time off, scholarships programs, and a hardship funding
Cons
The work is hard and the pay isn’t that great