John Knox Village Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
They build an employee gym and the membership is free
Dinning Service (Current Employee) –  Pompano Beach, FLMay 4, 2018
The company is good to work for but with any job you have people that come to work and then there are others that come to have you work for them and those are the lazy people
Pros
Paid time off, scholarships programs, and a hardship funding
Cons
The work is hard and the pay isn’t that great
Great Entry Level Job
Dining Room wait staff (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 25, 2018
This is great entry level position for the food industry. I am currently looking to find something in a different career path. The most enjoyable part of this job was dealing with the residents daily.
John Knox Village
Maid/Housekeeping Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Orange City, FLApril 24, 2018
A typical day at work consisted of coming and stocking the golf carts and stopping at each resident and doing some quick and easy housekeeping every 2 weeks, sometimes moving items residents can't and cleaning windows and sweeping porches. Mostly just taking care of all the housekeeping needs of the elderly. I did not learn a whole lot from management due to not really interacting with her. The workplace culture was kind of just the usual nobody really got too close with each other. The hardest part was losing residents and the repeativeness of the job itself, but I really enjoyed taking care of those people!
Fun enjoyable place to work except the managers are all over the place
Waiter/Server (Former Employee) –  Lees Summit, MOApril 16, 2018
I enjoyed worked at John Knox for over a year and learned a lot of life skills. Patience as well as being able to socialize and converse with many different people are probably the most important skills I learned. In my opinion, the managers all had different rules/requirements they expected us to follow and they were never on the same page. For example, the manager on Monday night might require things done a certain way and the manager on Tuesday night would get on you for doing it the way you were told to do it on Monday.
Pros
Free food and discounts from the grill, long breaks depending on the shift
Cons
Terrible management at Fireside
Dietary Aid
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Orange City, FL 32763April 7, 2018
I worked in the kitchen as dietary aid and prepared trays, meals for assisted living adults. The hardest part of the job was the team work. No one ever ask if you need help and assumes you know what to do.
benefits
Cons
team work
great places to be a wonderful places to work
Nursing Assistant Externship (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 5, 2018
i love to be there the area is out standing i think god for it very calm and pleasing i would do anything to get there again i was thinkful for it. and retune and and a heart beat.
Do not apply at this farce of a company
worker (Current Employee) –  MissouriMarch 10, 2018
Managers background was not even in the medical field, got wrote up for a policy she/he didn't even know how to explain to me. Co-workers were back stabbing. Trained by 5 different people, blamed for things that were out of my control, or I knew nothing about.
Pros
No pros anywhere in that group, pun intended
Cons
Rules made as you go along
Terrible place to work
Warehouse Manager (Former Employee) –  Pompano Beach, FLMarch 8, 2018
Company is horrible. Management is inept. The left hand has no idea what the right hand is doing. There is discrimination by management staff. Had to get lawyers involved at times in order to be paid. DO NOT RECOMMEND!
Poor Management and unfair pay.
Food Service PRN (Former Employee) –  Lee's Summit, MOFebruary 23, 2018
Really low pay for the amount of work you do as well as the management can be very unfair and un-understanding of certain situations. i would not work there again
Pros
Free breakfast/lunch/and dinner.
Cons
unfair pay.
It was a great place to work fun and productive
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lees Summit, MOFebruary 20, 2018
It was a productive day good fast paced day worked hard .Loved working with the people and co workers . Need our breaks and restroom breaks though .But overall good
Pros
stable job
Cons
need a day off when we are supposed to have one .
good place to work, easy advancement
HOUSEKEEPING (Former Employee) –  Lees Summit, MOFebruary 16, 2018
competitive pay, good benefits, staffed well. able to get overtime. able to move up the ladder easily. good shift differentials, team players. good management
Fun Place to Work
Paramedic (Former Employee) –  Lee's Summit, MOFebruary 14, 2018
Fellow Employees were great
Long days
Benefits
PTO
Original Manager was great
Comfortable working environment
Training Opportunities
Loved the Patients
I had a good experience working there it was fantastic until they with this green house model where you do 4 jobs in one for low salary
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant/Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Pompano Beach, FLFebruary 13, 2018
John Knox Village is a good place to work with a clean environment caring people and respect full coworkers but in 2016 it turns into green house we have to give care cook do laundry and house keeping all in one for low salary
Pros
Free lounge
Cons
No beak it is now green house you take a break at any time
outline of my job.
Neighborhood Assist (Current Employee) –  Lee's Summit, MOJanuary 27, 2018
My job at JKV is very busy. The Rehab unit is a revolving door with new residents every day. I have learned to deal with all kinds of people and all of there emotions. I enjoy working with the different department at JKV. The most enjoyable part of my job is watching the Residents go home, back to what they know. The hardest part is watching someone not be able to go home or there rehab not work out.
Pros
people
Cons
under staffed
Average
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lees Summit, MOJanuary 13, 2018
This is a very large organization with many locations and buildings Company is very large and non personal personal effort is lost and average work goes on on a regular basis.
Pros
Unlimited fountain drinks
Cons
To large
Not bad
Server (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 11, 2018
not enough pay, not enough hours. promise advancement, but wont allow you to transfer to another department after meeting the criteria. i worked there for a year and was never advanced to another dept of the facility
Pros
Free food
Cons
Low pay, No advancement
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Pompano Beach, FLJanuary 8, 2018
I must say they only hire you as per deim but you make 40+ hrs. They nice & very helpful. Clients are nice & so is the staff. They have something for the employees every month.. Very nice work environment. Pay just poor
A positive attitude goes a long way.
Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Lees Summit, MODecember 14, 2017
The medical field can be challenging. Problems will arise but the positive work of a team gets through it with no problem. My Unit manager and team works together. Benefits are good. Discounts to outside vendors are a plus. There are days that they are short staffed and they can be hard, but it’s not everyday. I’ve worked many places and they all have the same issue. But the teamwork is what gets you through. Advancement opportunity is there if you want it. They have constant continuing education to keep up with changes and policy updates. Re-education on patient care to keep you fresh.
Pros
Benefits. Team building strategies.
Cons
Short staffed at times.
good place to work
Chef (Former Employee) –  Orange City, FLDecember 5, 2017
I enjoy working at John Knox. every thing is great. I don't have any negative to said. They feed every body well. The team member are very helpful and so the senior are very nice.
Pros
Take care of the senior citizen, and free food
Cons
no vacation
Unaware
Network Administrator II/Systems Administrator II (Current Employee) –  Lee's Summit, MONovember 29, 2017
It was a somewhat fast paced environment.

Increased network knowledge.

The culture is laid back mostly

The hardest part was not having the necessary technology or the budget.

The people.