John Muir Health Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
The software development department
Sr. Software Developer (Former Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CASeptember 6, 2018
It is relatively small and as such there is no space to make any career advances. Company dedicates funds to keep the knowledge relevant in industry and open to provide necessary training, classes and conference participation. Which is greatly appreciated. Management is always specific to group, could not make generalization. The focus of organization stays on serving patients, not the high-tech product. Hence there is not much space for software experiments and utilizing modern tech stack. Not to level get bored but be ready to work on what has been given for years.
Overall
Training Project Management Lead (Current Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CAAugust 21, 2018
I truly enjoy working for JMH. The team that I oversee is extremely talented. Currently, we could use more flexibility in our current remote policy. One of the biggest issues is that we lack is cohesiveness in management. Promotional opportunities are limited at JMH. Team members are rarely promoted and do not feel their is enough growth in this organization.
Pros
Great organization overall with excellent benefits
Cons
Lack of leadership and promotional opportunity
Family
Financial Counselor (Former Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CAJuly 16, 2018
Feels like family working there everyone is quick to help and get things done. Working in the trauma center you see some pretty bad cases but you get through it because you know you're helping people.
Old school management, like most healthcare companies
Finance Manager (Former Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CAJuly 9, 2018
American Healthcare is in need of disruption to improve outcomes while reducing cost. This requires leadership that can take a fresh look at how healthcare is delivered, and can make the kind of changes needed to break old models and mindsets.
i Loved working for John Muir
LEAD PATIENT TRANSPORTER (Former Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CAJuly 5, 2018
If i had not planned on moving out of state, i would never have taken an early retirement from John Muir. I was extremely happy working there. Good job
Self Teaching
Database Technician (Former Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CAJune 25, 2018
Resources available to self teach in computer programs and other other programs. A lot of benefits also available - carpool incentives, bart discounts, and family event discounts
Pros
Free cost
Cons
diffiicult to schedule during work hours
Great place to work for...highly recommended to friends and family
Financial Counselor (Former Employee) –  Concord, CAJune 3, 2018
Very organized, great strategy when it comes to workflow, always looking for bigger opportunities, great benefits such as vacations and insurance, will definitely work again for this company
productive and good team building
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CAJune 1, 2018
overall good experience! My fist year i learned much more than expected. Very welcoming and encouraging. Certain departments, were not as welcoming or consistent.
good place to work
Director of Contracts and Payor Relations (Former Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CAMay 29, 2018
John Muir is a great place to work but the executive I reported to was not a good fit for my liking. My peers were great to collaborate with and learn from and the C-suite executives have a clear vision for JMH.
A place to work
Desktop Client Procurement Technician I (Former Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CAMay 6, 2018
I have nothing good or bad to say about John Muir Health. It was a place to work. Pay was good, work environment was good. There were no problems that I could speak of.

Want to know more about John Muir Health?

Ask a question
Nice environment to work
License vocational nurse (Former Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CAApril 9, 2018
Very professional environment to work
Learned and cross trained to become a phlebotomist as well as orthopedic technician
Management is excellent on all aspects
Because of my love for nursing I cannot pinpoint any hard part but is all enjoyable and pleasing environment to work, extremely culturally sensitive.
Professional but very collegial atmosphere.
Interim Controller-contract postion (Former Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CAMarch 26, 2018
All healthcare organizations are a refection of the healthcare industry and profession and thus the atmosphere and John Muir and other similar organizations is and was more formal but not stuffy. I performed contract positions there several times (8 to 10) over 10+ years and would go back in a minute even though that would entail living out of a hotel several nights each week. Unquestionably the best client I have ever served. Only negative is coat and tie Mon. through Thursday (casual Fridays) but that was a minor negative compared to the assignments and the way I was treated.
Pros
Exciting assignments, great folks to work with and for, paid well and on time.
Cons
Minor-coat and tie Mon. thourgh Thursday.
Productive days at JMH
Technical Lead Deployment Contractor (Former Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CAMarch 22, 2018
I was the lead tech during the deployment of new computers throughout JMH. It was challenging at times but I also felt content at the end of the day.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
Short Lunches
great employees
Supervisor Insurance Collections (Former Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CAMarch 21, 2018
The management seemingly made poor business decisions with the build and implementation of EPIC. This created chaos and duplicate work for front line employees.
Pros
helpful co-workers, good work environment
Register Nurse (Former Employee) –  Concord, CAMarch 7, 2018
Typical day at work was pretty easy and the management was friendly and helpful. I found that it was hard floating to other units but, the nurses tended to be pretty fair with me.
Pros
updated equipment
Cons
long hallways
Productive and collaborative place to work
Patient Care Attendant (Current Employee) –  Concord, CAFebruary 26, 2018
typical day consists of doing 15 minute checks on all patients, lots of support from staff and management, loved making connections with patients on the unit.
Stressful and overworked
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brentwood, CAFebruary 26, 2018
I have never seen so many employees out on stress leave at one time. They keep adding more responsibilies without the help to maintain them. Never given enough time for catch up for your non patient care responsibilites.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Stressful environment
Long hours work not enough training.
Staff Accountant (San Ramon Valley Primary Care (Former Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CAFebruary 21, 2018
The hardest part of this job was not enough team work in my team. Very difficult to ask for help for job training & office is having a lot of employees politics.
Good
Lift Technician (Current Employee) –  Concord, CAFebruary 21, 2018
Worked with good people, was able to leave the job at work, and not bring it home. Although some high-strees situations, such as medical emergencies, overall very relaxed.
Current Stressful Culture
Registered Nurse (RN) (Former Employee) –  Concord, CAFebruary 19, 2018
JMH is going through many many changes and it can be very stressful. Overall I loved working for them. I would not go back to the Walnut Creek campus as it is non union for nursing and there are zero protections.