John Muir Health Employee Review

View all John Muir Health reviews

Very Busy Large Laboratory processing and billing
Patient Account Rep. II - Accounts Receivable (Former Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CAApril 24, 2014
A typical day for me was the first person to open my department considered "Cash Posting" area. The day would start by downloading the previous day's postings and reconciling with general accounting
in order to balance the previous days work. The day would move on by downloading
check files through "Wells Fargo Merchant" website and transferring files to an excel spreadsheet in order to either manually or electronically post to the patients accounts, this would be the same type of process for credit card payments all preprocessed from
Wells Fargo Lockbox. Once these tasks are completed I would move onto electronically or manually posting Insurance payments which would sometimes include several electronic all error's and old take time to investigate the posting error's.

I enjoyed learning new tasks or taking on task and training other employee's.. I worked with a great group of women some of us longer then other's my particular group consisted of 4 women and we all shared or traded tasks weekly or monthly depending on what the job was.
Pros
I enjoyed my job and the pay
Cons
Inconsistencies with management

Other John Muir Health Employee Reviews

Nice environment to work
License vocational nurse (Former Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CAApril 9, 2018
Very professional environment to work
Learned and cross trained to become a phlebotomist as well as orthopedic technician
Management is excellent on all aspects
Because of my love for nursing I cannot pinpoint any hard part but is all enjoyable and pleasing environment to work, extremely culturally sensitive.
Professional but very collegial atmosphere.
Interim Controller-contract postion (Former Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CAMarch 26, 2018
All healthcare organizations are a refection of the healthcare industry and profession and thus the atmosphere and John Muir and other similar organizations is and was more formal but not stuffy. I performed contract positions there several times (8 to 10) over 10+ years and would go back in a minute even though that would entail living out of a hotel several nights each week. Unquestionably the best client I have ever served. Only negative is coat and tie Mon. through Thursday (casual Fridays) but that was a minor negative compared to the assignments and the way I was treated.
Pros
Exciting assignments, great folks to work with and for, paid well and on time.
Cons
Minor-coat and tie Mon. thourgh Thursday.