JOHN ROBERT POWERS

JOHN ROBERT POWERS Employee Reviews

United States26 reviews
Fun working environment
Working for John Robert Powers was a great experience. I learned a lot about the modeling and acting industry. This job also taught me how to push yourself to the limit, it is a tough industry.
Pros
Fun working place
Cons
Need to have tough skin
This place sucks
I’m a true professional in the business and these people here are not. They don’t care about you! They only care about how much money you can make them and will pay you pennies on the dollar. They require you to work a set schedule of minimum of 40+ hours per week and you’re paid only commissions. No base salary. All that hard work, time and money spent wasted. It was the most unprofessionalrofessional place and they’re disgusting people that are scamming people out of their money.
Unprofessional Management
Either you kiss the manager's wide butt or get attitude and complaints no matter how high your sells. They would also try to skimp on bonuses we earned so it's important to keep track of your own sells.
Pros
Small office setting, co-workers were great
Cons
Management sucks
fun
I liked this job because there was no matter what compensation because people always showed up so that they can audition to attend the school and you got to meet some famous people.
Loved working with young girls to build confidence
It was so much fun getting paid to encourage young girls in their poise and confidence. It was the most rewarding first job I could have possibly imagined.
Pros
Seeing personal growth in young women
Cons
not a lot of available hours
Inexpereienced leadership
Some good people working there. No direction for teachers. Had to develop own curriculum. Ownership was mixed. School is now closed. Poor leadership at the end.
Fun great people to work with.
It's been many years since I work with John Robert Powers but it was a great company I met lots of people met my girlfriend of 3 years there there's a lot of benefits but I don't know how it's right now
Great Company
More than anything the location was the main reason I worked here. The hours were okay. A Lot of overtime was required. I would not refer this company to anyone who doesn't like working on weekends
Great Peers
Great place. I Miss my Executive Director. She was the absolute best and totally understanding. She didn't mind training me on things I had little working knowledge of.
Definately a challenge
Your day starts with callbacks of potential clients that are being reveiwed for recruitment of the academy. Your job is to explain to them where they were rated by the admissions staff and whether or not we are interested in them attending. Then we confirm all of our appointments for the day and check to see what payments are due for current clients. As admissions director you are in charge of collections for past due tuition as well as running payments and recruiting new clients. After running payments and calling on collections you start seeing appointments. Your job now is to determine a persons level of raw talent and or professional talent/experience during their interview/audition. In this process you explain about the school while testing them on a short commercial for acting, a song for singing and take measurements, weight, and height if interested in modeling. After collecting pictures that completes the interview process. You complete an average of 6 interviews per day and will be able to recruit 1 of those 6 on average. You also have to deal with customer service issues with current clients encouraging them and giving advise for the industry. The admissions are self starters and bascially have their own business within the walls of the school. I have learned a lot about the entertainment industry in being around actors all day long and testing people, working with them to learn basic fundamentals of acting. I have learned that people somtimes need encouragement and inspiration to continue pursuing a career. Acting is very hard and a lot of people want to quit the - more...
Pros
fun job, fun industry
Cons
limited income potential, unprofessional ownership.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at JOHN ROBERT POWERS?
Great place to work!
Loved working for this company, however most locations have gone under due to lack of new client traffic. My only con for this company is that they are willing to sell classes to people who are barely making ends meet promising the chance for their child to meet an actual agent and have the chance to be signed.
100% sales commission
This job was a joke. The lady didnt tell me that it was 100% sales commission until the last minute. And you have to pay for all your own travel. Its just tricking kids into thinking that they are going to gain representation from this "school" by having them sign up for bogus acting/modeling classes.
Travel North America and Empower
This job was incredible. Traveling all over the US, and North America to find the most talented people and hone their skills to help them be the best person they can be, and equip them with tools to succeed in the entertainment and fashion industry.
Greart place to work with lots of action
I ran the front desk, I took phone calls and booked appointments, and I also did clarical work as well.
Pros
Always Busy
Cons
Sitting down all day
fun
awesome
The acting and modeling school is very popular.

Many kids went on to work in the indusrty.
Fun atmosphere
Started as Talent Scout. Promoted to Director of Promotions.
I love children
Kept me on my toes alway busy always moving learning while teaching priceless
fun, successful talent agency
change your life with an opportunity at JRP. Answer phones, schedule intakes, meet talent agents
Very hig volumn of phone calls and customer service over the phone
Very busy phone lines. I was left to manage the office alone most mornings. I was allowed to restructure the front office and how it ran which made my job much easier. It was like family was very sad to see them close.
Pros
didnt like the down time
Cons
large rushes then long down times
Modeling
Answering phones, making appointments for models. Management was good along with the co-workers. The hardest part of my job was working 13 hr days. I loved working with the kids that came in.
Pros
good enviroment
Cons
went out of business
Love, Love, Love
The company had so many highlights it's hard to point out just one great moment. The acting and talent company introduced talented men woman and children into the entertainment world. And i had the pleasure to know so many great people and employees through the years it was sad to see the company close.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at JOHN ROBERT POWERS. Our community is ready to answer.