JOHN V SCHULTZ FURNITURE Employee Reviews

Complete lack of actual training.
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Erie, PAJanuary 28, 2019
When starting a new call center job, I can expect at least a week of training on programs. After that was 3 days of shadowing, then you go live with a tutor. They expect you to take calls at day four.. I went back to my old job when I saw the lack of management.
Pros
Nice training enviroment.
Cons
No training procedure.
Job security is not guarenteed.
Information Technology (Former Employee) –  Erie, PAJanuary 28, 2019
Company At-will employment at it's finest. No coaching or training was given. Seasonal employees will not be told they are seasonal before being hired.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Shady hiring/firing practices
Dont even bother with this company
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Erie, PAJanuary 17, 2019
Worst place I've ever worked.
Absolutely terrible people to work for. Did not know there were such horrible people in Erie. The owner and his wife are shady and very antisocial. The management are rude and conceited. They do not know what they are doing, and do not care about anyone who is "under" them. They cheat customers with cheap furniture and get their credit ruined. They do not train their employees. Hostile environment due to constant gossip. I will not even drive near this place!
Pros
nothing
Cons
Long days unsupportive management and owners
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Erie, PADecember 19, 2018
High turn over rate due to long days, horrible benefits that was outrageously priced and un-affordable, low pay (daily pay plus commission of a percentage of delivered items) for the amount of work expected of you. The hardest part of the job was the management and owners were un-supportive and some of the co-workers were bullies and work loads were divided unfairly(if you were liked you got less deliveries that were worth more commission, if you were not liked you had more deliveries with no or little commission). Overall the delivery part, was as to be expected for delivering furniture.The best part of the job was helping and meeting new people during deliveries.
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
Unsupportive, long days, low pay
Careless managers
Associate (Former Employee) –  Erie paNovember 17, 2018
No benefits . Horrible management they don't care about their employees. I remember when I went to the interview I took my time to look good dress up appropriate for it.. I drove over 35 miles for them to blow me off not answering the calls I gave them . Not professional.
Pros
Nonr
Terrible
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Fairview, PASeptember 20, 2018
This job is horrible. Management doesnt know what they’re doing and the turn over is ridiculous. If you dont have a life and like to work out of town everyday, then this is the job for you. The schedules suck and the managers dont care about you. Also dont expect to get home at a decent time either unless your a manager.
Cons
Exhausting and very stressful place to work
Driver (Former Employee) –  Erie, PASeptember 2, 2018
Honestly, the only good thing about the job was the pay. They totally believe in the "customers always right" even when the customer is absolutely lying. DON'T call off during the holidays unless you plan on bringing a doctors note, or any time for that matter BECAUSE you will get wrote up! The management isn't very professional, they DON'T know how to talk or treat there employees. I'm glad I no longer work for the company because I never felt appreciated. Worked on my days off, worked till the late hours of the night delivering furniture. I wouldn't recommend this company to a family oriented individual.
Productive but not satisfying
Driver Helper (Former Employee) –  Erie, PAJune 13, 2018
Poor choice of management,not very appreciative of their employees and really wouldn't recommend it to anyone to apply for that job unless they enjoy being taken advantage of
Productive and Fun Workplace
Delivery Helper (Former Employee) –  Erie, PAMarch 23, 2018
If your really looking for a job to challenge yourself and to keep your self in shape this is a job for you. If your good with dealing with customers this job is for you. Be warned you will be working + hours when you start because it is hard at points but keep with it. Very good CEO's And family Owned . Great starter company
Very competitive
Customer Support (Former Employee) –  Erie, PADecember 21, 2017
You are fairly treated by the owners. At times the managers can be a bit of a micro-manager. Customers in general were nice with a few unhappy ones. Managers were not always fast to respond to customer issues. If you are a self starter then this is the place for you.
Great Opportunity
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Erie, PADecember 21, 2017
It is a family run business that really cares about it's employees. They provide a strong sales training program and give you every opportunity to succeed. Coworkers are supportive and fun to work with.
Pros
Great benefits and training
Cons
Retail hours
Only cleaning toilets is worse
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Erie, PANovember 11, 2017
After being laid off from a good job had no choice but to take this and was stuck there for a year-and-a-half. It was pure torture the hours the management that doesn't have a clue. High pressure put on customers management forcing you to sell their worthless warranty. Don't you dare call off on a Saturday they will write you up, they have 35 sales people on the floor everyone's on straight commission they steal sales from each other. You're either running around like crazy sweating in a three piece suit or you're sitting around for hours making no money, dreaded going there. All there "sales" are bs. Totally celebrated when I left that place. Don't recommend to anyone you care about.
Family oriented, fun place to work
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Erie, PAAugust 4, 2017
I can actually say I loved my job there. However, the hours are not for someone who is a single mom and no one to help you out with working long days and all weekend long. I personally struggled working every Saturday from 9:30am-9:00pm and then back on Sunday 11:00-6:00.

Besides the hours, I learned so much about My boss was there to see you succeed and that's exactly what he did. He was always there to help you out and watch you grow as a sales person. I enjoyed helping others out and designing a room in their home. I enjoyed the relationship you gain from your customers.

One of the hardest things about this job is that, you could spend hours with someone and they decide not to buy that day. Also, another situation would be, you could spend hours with a customer and they don't buy that day, but come back a day that your off or come in and not even ask for you. All that hard work and time just went to another sales person, when your the one who did all of the work and get no credit for it.
Pros
Reps bring in lunch, your discount on furniture
Cons
long hours, working all weekend long and all holidays.