John Varvatos Employee Reviews

Productive place to work
E-Commerce VIP Customer Support Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 13, 2018
Great place to work! Very encouraging. You are trusted to make decisions on your own. No micromanaging. Wonderful employee engagements. Compensation is average. Lots of great people and benefits. John Varvatos is a great individual, very supportive and encouraging.
chill and nice working with cool people
Design Internship (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 2, 2018
It is a great place to have internship. People there treat interns very nicely and very supportive. I would definitely recommend this company to people.
Pros
good atmosphere, nice people
Cons
busy
12 floor office; with a nice fusbol table on the last floor!
Accounting Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 7, 2018
Report to your supervisor at 9-930 am
Assist with different accountants with their daily tasks
Laid back culture; jeans and a button down or polo
The staff are very friendly and willing to help
If you do not ask what is next to do sometime you find yourself doing nothing
Great company
Asst. General Manager (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 14, 2017
Great company to work for. I will definetely recommend it. I absolutely love the management and human ressource.This is a place for anyone looking for a new challenge.
Assistant General Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 20, 2017
Pros
Fun place to work
Meet great people
Pays well
Good benefits
Generous clothing allowance
Relaxed environment

Cons
Lack of accountability
Great Internship Exerpience
Digital Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 15, 2017
I had a great time at John Varvatos and truly enjoyed the whole internship.
I could gain a lot knowledge and could deepen my knowledge in the field of ecommerce.
Great product, terrible upper management
Specialist (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 2, 2017
Freedom in how you express yourself and sell, but little incentive to improve performance. No raise or advancement in 4+ years. Multiple CEO changes and corporate moving. Several jobs cut since 2013. Great clientele and easy to sell however.
Fun, Exciting, and Production workplace with amazing opportunities.
Sales Professional (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 25, 2017
Worked with a great team of staff who are extremely professional and fun to be around. A management team who were very involved in the growth and culture of the brand. Overtime, you become a part of the team and culture, and it doesn't feel like work anymore. One of the best working experience, and I'm looking forward to finding a similar environment in Atlanta to work for.
Pros
Working for a sharp, creative designer, caring and supper smart group of people
Cons
not working there anymore.
Exciting job environment
Freelance Stylist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 16, 2017
Working for Jonh Varvatos is exciting and innovating. Being able to mix the fashion styles and textures is what excites me the most. There is never a limit on what one can create
Great Experience
Accounting Assistant Temp (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 16, 2016
My experience was great. I had a wonderful mentor that always challenged me. My coworkers were all friendly and made me feel part of the family.
Friendly environment
Accounting Intern (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, NYApril 12, 2016
Interning at John Varvatos Inc. has been a great experience so far. There is a very friendly environment here, and the work pace is at a steady rate. As a student as well, it is very important to have a balance between school, work, and personal life. John Varvatos Inc. has been able to provide me with that, as I gain experience in my career field.
Great opportunity to learn the business
E-COMMERCE PERSONAL SHOPPER (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 12, 2015
I'm truly thankful for the luxury of being able to work for one of the most fascinating menswear designers in the world.

The e-commerce business could use an overhaul of the website.
Pros
Great Experience in Luxury fashion
Cons
Work hours conflict with my Master's Program
Great workplace, Great people, Amazing products
Sales Associate/Stock (Former Employee) –  Central Valley, NYMarch 10, 2015
I loved working here to be quite honest. The pay was pretty good and offered great benefits. Management always did their best to keep everyone happy and healthy. Great products and I learned quite a lot of new skills and had good opportunities for advancement.
Pros
Benefits, Good pay, Great staffing
great environment.
order managment temp associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 5, 2015
It was a wonderful opportunity to temp here. Everyone was very focused and talented at what they did. i gained valuable information from my managers and was privileged to work with many hard working people with lots of experience.
Pros
great location in the city, great coworkers and managment.
Cons
did not temp here long enough to find any.
Productive and Exciting
Visual Merchandising (Freelancer) (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 9, 2015
Being in charge of finances, I would collect any receipts that were used for the week and keep track of all purchases.

Everyone in my department were extremely diligent. They made time to do their job as well as make it fun. Whenever I had a question, they were willing to help to the best of their ability.

I learned how to use new computer programs such as InDesign and Photoshop which was a challenge in the beginning. The programs intimidated me at first but with a little time, I got the hang of it.

Most enjoyable part of the job was that there was never a dull moment. Once I was done with one task, I'd immediately start another or help out interns with their projects if needed. There was always something to do in the office and I enjoy keeping busy.
excellent team, successful launch
Project Administrator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 12, 2014
Through very hard work, we produced a very successful market launch. Ultimately, the internal HR organizational efforts were not prepared to take on such an endeavor. From this experience, I learned to draw from not only my ingenuity, but from the wide experience of the team members and assimilate such to a unique population served. The most difficult part of the position was learning the language of communication between NYC para-offices and navigation through a launch that was not clearly forecasted or mapped out prior to the start date. I really enjoyed the team and the creativity that I was able to impart that showed visible results.
Pros
excellent team members, high morale, fair pay
Cons
contract position without benefits, internal company communication
Productive and Organized Workplace
Freelancer Visual Coordinating and Production (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 19, 2014
Typical day at work involved contacting vendors, communicating with the window display people, merchandisers, and visual VP about the overall vision of the in-store or window displays, I'd often be working on signage or working in the studio doing production work. The hardest part of the job involved categorizing and archiving our vintage furniture collection. Sometimes invoices were not provided because they were old which made budgeting difficult. My happy time was doing production work in the studio. I love to work hands on and create things. Building, painting, styling, creating displays..I love it all.
Pros
Flexible, provides great work materials, strong brand identity
Cons
unstable projects (as a freelancer)
Terrible upper level management
Executive (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 7, 2014
Terrible upper-level management. Long hours, little appreciation.
Busy
Marketing & Event Planning Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 29, 2014
I was always running around completing tasks ranging from buying food for events to picking up and sending clothing to clients.
Daily Work Life
Associate Buyer (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 31, 2014
A typical day at work involved writing po's, creating distributions, sending stores consolidations and communication with stores about product. Very administrative. Not much creativity involved.

Due to the small size of the company I've had more interaction with the production team and have had the opportunity to learn more about production.

Management here is weak and unable to think outside the box.

Corporate culture here is very negative. Co-workers and management consistently unkind to one another.

Hardest part is dealing with the negative corporate culture.