John Wesley Villas Employee Reviews

Residents are joy but favortism is too much
Certified Medication Aide (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GANovember 6, 2017
it was okay the work is very easy and laid back . They expect too much from staff. They need to hire a housekeeper and proper security to secure the area at night for staff and resident safety
Pros
free food
Cons
staff and hours being cut
Loveable residents, great job, but poor management
Certified Nurse Assistant (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GAOctober 17, 2017
I love my job at John Wesley vilas and I love the residents! We have a high turnover of management and that can cause some confusion at times and disorganization.
Very challenging
Med Tech/Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAAugust 11, 2017
As a med tech/care giver I tried my best to do my job title as hired to do,I was their to take care the residents and their daily needs, their been ups and down,but I continue to a team player .this job has it issues and every job do,I can say you have people that's in management to handle issue properly as professional
Cons
Caregiver
very stressful place to work
Resident Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GAAugust 2, 2017
Lots of work in progress, getting call systems and staff that are needed, Lots more training was needed. More staff needed that are separately doing work that is not care related
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short staffed all the time
enjoyed working with residents
Resident Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Macon, GAJune 16, 2017
cleaning rooms/doing laundry
supper/serving/cleaning tables
folding clothes
getting residents in bed
finishing laundry
taking care of special needs
Pros
special relationships with residents
Cons
fast pace/hard work
Culture of No communication, and mistrust. Workers are consistently overlooked forcadvancement, and the rate of hire/job abandonment very high.
Worker (Former Employee) –  Morrisville, NC.June 1, 2017
Location in Morrisville is called Preston Pointe. Reaction time for maintenance issues is at a snails pace. Management is often condescending and dismissive - aloof. There is very little hope to advance and the potential for pay increases is non-existent - or extremely low if you are able to achieve an increase.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Not the job as advertised. No Benefits, No Communication
Great employers
Groundskeeper/Landscaper (Former Employee) –  Riverhead, NYDecember 22, 2016
Employers take care of their employees and the employees take notice and appreciate that which allows them to always perform above expectations. Great work environment.
I found working at John Wesley Villas a great experience and loved the residents
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Macon, GAMarch 28, 2016
A typical day at work was very busy. Taking care of twenty plus residents was a full time job but at the same time rewarding. I enjoyed getting to know each of the residents as well as my co workers.
John Wesley
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Macon, GAJanuary 13, 2016
Nice place to work. Pay not so great. Resident are wonderful. Management is so nice and helpful. They work with you especial if you are a parent or a full time student. They have social events for the residents, There are usually two staff members to a building. Time goes by fast cause the shifts are 8hrs.
Pros
Great Environment
Cons
Pay not so great
...
Certified Medication Aide (Current Employee) –  Macon, GAApril 14, 2015
Pros - management very willing to work with a schedule and they're all super nice

cons - HR person is a push over and everyone takes advantage of it. people are ALWAYS calling out (at least four a week)
There aren't enough medicine people so often someone has to do meds in multiple buildings
- They are more concerned with money than the well being of their staff. They claim to be assisted living so they are not allowed to have lifts and such, however there are multiple residents in each building that NEED lifts..
Enjoyed the work here, but I was so glad to leave just because of the way it was run.
great people to work around
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Macon, GAJanuary 12, 2015
I was responsible for billing, payroll, customer service, Daily staff meetings. Scheduling transportation for residents. The residents were a joy to work around. The worst part of job was being on call and being accountable for staff issuing medication and making caretaking decisions. It was very stressful. The management staff was always at odds, which made daily working conditions a little strained.
Pros
Job was very enjoyable.
Cons
Personnel issues.
Ran all daily operations and managed staff of about 40
Assistant Director (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAApril 14, 2014
*was responsible for Grounds, kitchen, activities, occupancy
*learned so much about elder care from assisting them to medicines, and keeping a balance with the needs of the facility
*hardest part was when a person passed
*the most enjoyable was the residents most with such a zest for life with stories from the past that you will not read in any history book
very productive
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAOctober 15, 2013
My typical day is to call patients back and ask them their medical history, change of any medications, change of pharmacy, performing EKG'S if needed, checking blood glucose to some residents. I have learned how to preform the VAT test,allergy testing,and POCT testing. The hardest part of my job was knowning that the patients were very sick.The most enjoyable part of my job is to let the patients know i am concern and really want to help them with their medical care.
Pros
helping residents
Cons
n/a
good place to work
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Macon, GAJuly 12, 2013
i enjoyed working here, wasnt as challenging , but overall a good job
Pros
free lunches
Cons
a little boring
Great Residents, yet bad pay
Resident Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GaMarch 6, 2013
A typical day at work consist of cleaning 4 resident rooms. After cleaning rooms we begin to prepare for dinner. After dinner we give the residents that need our assistance help into bed or assist them with daily hygiene. The hardest part of the job is the unfairness between the shifts. The shift I worked (3-11 pm) always seemed to get it the hardest because we are the shift of all new workers( >1 yr). So our shift gets less pay then all the other shifts which I think is entirely unjust if were doing double the work.
Pros
residents are all extremely friendly and help ease the environment of work
Cons
not nearly enough pay for the hard labor we do.
working with all the resident
Dietary Cook (Former Employee) –  Macon, GAJuly 31, 2012
When i took the job i didn't realize that they prepare foods for the pufrom this jobblic, churchs, Doctors, mainly for different functions,when i took that job some coworkers thought i wouldn't make it a week but i worked for this company for 2 years. it was a challange but it was one i learned from. I really learned alot from this job.
Pros
i learned alot more about how to prepare certain foods.
Cons
you didnt get a break if you took a break you would get behind.