JOHNLEONARD Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Good clients and personalized job search
Temp Employee (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 23, 2018
I've been through a couple of temp agencies, but never had an agency working so hard like this every step of the way to help you get a job! John Leonard’s team offered multiple assignments with various companies. You won’t be able to find another temp agency like John Leonard that will continuously and thoroughly follow up with you. If you are looking to find well fit/relevant jobs for you, John Leonard is the place to go. They will get to know you and know what positions would be perfect for you.
Great temp atmosphere
Temp (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 6, 2018
I temped through John Leonard for a few months while in-between jobs, and found it a great place to work. While the pay for temping is not high, they have good incentives to work hard and they have recognition for strong performance, even as a temp. I found my recruiters and temp managers to be very responsive and helpful in placing me in relevant roles. I would fully recommend this agency in temp work!
Pros
Great recruiters and managers!
Cons
Low to moderate pay as a temp
Great place to intern.
Intern (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 2, 2018
I have been interning at JOHNLEONARD Employment Services for almost 2 semesters. It has been an absolute pleasure working with and learning from everyone on the JOHNLEONARD Team. Working here has given me the opportunity to develop the skills that I wanted to learn as I prepare to graduate college. As an intern at JOHNLEONARD, I truly feel like I am helping my colleagues, while simultaneously making an impact on the Boston community.
Great First Job!
Staffing Consultant (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 28, 2018
I have been working at JL for just under a year now and I have thoroughly enjoyed working with such a a collaborative, flexible team. We work hard for both our clients and candidates to assure that meaningful positions are filled and gained.
Pros
Good work/life balance, fair mix of independent/team work
Productive and convenient place to work.
Administrative Assistant (Temp) (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 5, 2018
When a secretary calls out sick or is on vacation, I am on call and ready to take on their daily duties. I have picked up many administrative skills and learned to multitask more effectively.
Helpful recruiters
Temporary Worker (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 30, 2018
The recruiter were helpful in finding you positions whenever you did not have one. Some of the jobs were not ideal and required a lot of physical energy
Child care
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 23, 2018
John Leonard was a great job to help kids and learn the experience of having the teacher assistant job impact. John Leonard helped me learn new things and have a teacher classroom experience
I only work when there are conventions and i enjoy working for them
Convention Services (Current Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 3, 2017
They are very good to work for, all my assignments in conventions have worked out well.. . I like the part that I know what job I am doing at each convention before I start.
Great Job Temporary!
Daycare Teacher Assistant (Current Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 28, 2017
A great place to work temporarily, wonderful staff that is super helpful. The only con is that the work can be inconsistent especially working with daycare centers. One week you can have full-time hours and the week you might find yourself working one or two days. An otherwise amazing place to work.
Pros
Helpful and friendly staff
Cons
Hours can be inconsistent
You work for them. They do not work for you.
Legal A (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 18, 2017
Resumes sent eagerly. Follow-up - zero. Posted jobs already taken. Only contact you receive is when your timesheet is late. Slap themselves on back for your job well done. Will never communicate this to you until you leave.
Pros
None for agency, all for assigned employer.
Cons
You work for them. They don't work for you.
n/a
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 15, 2016
It is ok, just get placed with age group and do as told.
The coworkers are ok, it is just a temp agency. I wish scheduling was better and management a little more considerate.
Collaborative
Direct-Hire Staffing Consultant (Current Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 12, 2015
Good boutique recruiting agency with strong leadership. Solid revenue stream with a multitude of clients. Great location in the city and easy to get to.
Good learning experience in the Administration area
Administration & Data Entry/Accounts Receivable (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 26, 2015
Assigned to State office I had great administration and data entry experience assisting Managers and Supervisors of various projects, The thing I liked a lot was working with different people and working with them being a team-player, the days were not in monotony, each task was different assigned to me by a few managers and their co workers in the department I was involved in. There was so much I learned from them and how it operated over the length of my tenure that my job was a great experience interacting with many of the staff I had the pleasure of working with. Using my time management skills was great advantage on juggling with different tasks given to me, I managed very well meeting before its deadlines.

Another assignment on a short term entry level learning experience I had in the Accounting Field. I learned the hands on experience of handling donations of checks and depositing daily at Bank of America. Co - workers I was involved with were good support and being a team-player was important in my role.
Hardest part of the job was taking in the responsibility in a very short time to get familiar with the functions of the work, over time I succeeded my time management on projects assigned to me and made it flexible to prepare in timely fashion.
I liked being part of the team and communicating with the staff in the Finance Department and learning the way how the office operates and how my role is important in this area. Going to the bank to deposit check received each day.
Pros
Meeting people and helped me improve my communication skills with co-workers
Cons
No retirement/vacation benefits, healthcare was not affordable in hourly pay
It was a lovely place to work, good people, learned a lot of new things, different cultures made the work place fun.
Clerical (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 22, 2013
Good place to work for, very understanding people. I learned how to manage my time and get my work done before time. Always helped co workers when need it. The hardest thing about the job was leaving it .
Pros
When need time off always helped.
Cons
no medical insurance with them.
N/a
Administrative Assistant - Temporary Assignments (Former Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 28, 2013
John Leonard is a professional staffing agency that kept me employed with State job assignments while I was laid off.
Pros
Occassional treats with paycheck.
Cons
Low pay due to contract fee.
They have too many different associates, you cant get to know anyone for long
Substitute Assistant Teacher (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 16, 2013
They didnt have enough centers to work with and the pay sucked
Pros
Hours
Cons
Wages, Benefits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at JOHNLEONARD. Our community is ready to answer.

JOHNLEONARD Reviews by Location