Johnny Rockets

Johnny Rockets Employee Reviews

United States707 reviews

rocketdancingdanceserverfoodrestauranttablemilkshake

Enjoyable Diner Style Restaurant

It was a very cool and relaxed environment besides when the restaurant was busy. It was diner style, which I found very cool. The pay wasn't horrible because of tips. Overall, the pay was worth the work.

Fun Workplace & Great Atmosphere

I enjoyed working for this company. This is a place that requires all employees to communicate and work together as a team. Outside of working, you often get to engage with customers. Johnny Rockets definitely a friendly workplace.

Johnny Rockets insights

What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Fair pay for job

Very busy during the summer

I was hired on to be trained as a supervisor and i did get the position which gave me job security. The other staff members though seemed to really struggle to get hours during the winter months though and that caused the staff to rotate out fairly frequently.

Productive, fun

Big part of my life and I'm sure it will take me to the top at my next job. Fun place for the family to go and for kids birthday parties or graduation

Pros

Danced ever half hour

Cons

Great tips

classic job for kids

a good job for young adulats but not enough to sustain a family. There is oppurtunity to climb the ransk but you must be educated. hard to do so when youre older.

busy work not enough pay

its a lot of work to work in a restaurant and for little pay. the people were great though and made work enjoyable. would get super busy at times and it would be stressful

Good for highschool students

Good for high school or college students, not very stressful and there’s room to grow. Many available positions that one can switch and try out different ones in order to choose what they like the most.

Energized work environment. Come in sad or upset leave happy

Making the world a better place is what we do. Helping people get on with their life is our mission. Give a helping hand when needed and do more when we have to.

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

If you can’t handle it your fired but I see it as a good way.

Not worth your time I promise

Plenty of days where management would pick favorites . Every time I came to work i would deal with being bossed around outside of my job responsibilities. A lot of these reviews are same scenarios I went through while working there for 3 months . I made anywhere from $6 a hour to $14 a hour depending on the day and the amount of staff . Staff was really friendly though so don't be in fear of any rude coworkers , just management and like 1-2 bad apples

Pros

Cash daily

Cons

Unorganized and no free meals

great people

great place to work, everyone is very friendly and your team you work with seems more like a family, than being at a job very flexible with shifts if you need time off

Very draining & over worked

When I was Working here it was hard to get the hours I needed (day time) because people who have been working there longer had more of a day than I did. Which I can understand but made it hard for me to have a life/work balance. Especially considering the type of job it is.

Pros

Tips and free lunches

Cons

Short to no break due to business. Don’t compensate with work hours. Horrible customers

Entertaining fun work enviroment people

I just love being here and entertaining myself walking arounding people watching funny entertainment I'd say for just showing up its really fun and I cant wait to go to work tomorrow!

Pros

Entertainment

Cons

Dinner

Fun and exciting place to be love all the people there like family and we treated eachother like family

Fun exciting good work breaks, treated like family (good) inspiring rarely bored. good food. good people. Hard working. Manegment is great. Time management is great there. People take their job seriously.

Pros

Free lunch Decent breaks

Cons

Nothing really

Good Place To Work At

Fun place to work at, alot of hard work, sweating and busting our tails but we made the best of it. I worked there for 2 years, lots of good memories but its not something I could do for many many years

Underpaid waiter/waitress work.

If you come for the tips only, you won't survive. You can choose your own schedule at first, until they start calling you randomly to cover shifts and work extra hours.

Pros

Free meal.

Cons

Jesus...

It is a fun place to work with very fast paced however the only negative thing about this workplace is the management sucks.

I have returned to this job for 3x now the reason for that is they will offer me a good wage but then i often forget how toxic their management is. The store manager will embarrass you infront of customers and other employees for doing your job. And when you bring up concerns they often will threaten you to be sent home

Johnny Rockets was a great work experience.

Johnny Rockets is a great place to work.The culture was friendly and all employees worked well togetherSince I was employed the corporate office is now in Boston ( I worked at Lake Forest CA) so I can't speak for the current culture.

Terrible work environment

I worked there for multiple months and over time it progressively got worse. They do not genuinely care for employees and only care about profit. management will disrespect you openly to your face in front of others and the overall place is like a high school environment that thinks too highly of themselves. They are also never prepared at the right times and current management only cares about the alcohol on tap and in bottles. Work here if you want job that you go to everyday and never take serious because of how much of a overall joke the place is with how its ran.

Pros

good tips

Cons

no breaks, terrible management of the floor, Disrespectful management who talk behind your back.

Productive work place , can be overwhelming at times but the tips are worth it .

Going into work is pretty simple . you clock in and do the first task available. I’ve learned a few things . The hardest part is the low pay rate . We’re overworked at times and barely make enough to pay monthly bills. Our tips as servers are more than our pay per hour.

Pros

50% off lunches . somewhat good tips .

Cons

15 min breaks . Hectic workplace

Food is easy to handle

It was good to work here, people were nice and helpful to work with, customers could be crazy sometimes. Food is great and easy to handle. It's a face paced environment which can be both fun and stressful at times. It makes time go fast but then you are exhausted when you get home, make sure to wear good comfortable shoes. Lots of running around.

Pros

Food is Easy to Handle

Cons

Crazy customers

Worked there for 3 years

It was always favoritism in the workplace along with multiple other issues and problems. I would never work there again. You work so hard doing multiple job titles in one day with little to no pay and no appreciation.

Pros

Close to my home

Cons

You do so much work for such little pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Johnny Rockets. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Diversity score

out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Johnny Rockets.
Powered byComparably

Compare Johnny Rockets with

Johnny Rockets reviews by popular job title

• Johnny Rockets