Johnny Was

Johnny Was Employee Reviews

United States29 reviews
Allowed to come anytime
Very lenient on vacation and overtime

No space for promotions

Very nice CFO

Wish more opportunity to offer

Need to improve parking spaces
Picking orders on time ... working in a fast pace environment when sales or orders are needed. Having communication with co-workers and helping each other.
It's a really good environment to work in. Really Respectful encouragement. I felt like I was in home.Sinse I first started they really should me everything I was ready to learn. Definitely recommend to someone.
Good
Good
Johnny Was is a fun and dynamic company with a great product. The clientele are a genuine joy to work with. The support to succeed is available on many levels.
Amazing company with fun clothing and the most wonderful clients. Getting the day started with following up sales, appointments, setting goals and constantly coaching sales team
Pros
Discount
Job seekers rely on your experience.
Too much preferences, No opportunities for those from agencies, disorder everywhere employees do what they want, management is poor ,and have no control over returns and orders to fulfill,is a completely disaster.
I worked in retail for over 3 yrs. I felt very comfortable in retail until working here at the Palm Springs location.
My store manager was very picky about how things were done & she was very judgmental. My whole experience there was about how she wanted me to speak, & dress. She basically wanted to shape me into what she wanted. Which was very disturbing to me.
If you like to work and don't mind tasking to pass the time when needed, this is such a fun place to work. The management team is amazing in Austin, and I have really enjoyed my time here. The pay is so-so but there are benefits and definite perks. They really believe in work-life-balance and provide great training. One of the best retailers I've ever worked for.
not a good place to work unless you like being put on the spot and treated like you have 2 heads. Not a happy place. Very corporate. You can only take a 5 min break. It's hard to eat in that amount of time. Plus there is no place in the store to eat except in a tiny corner.
A cruel and hostile work environment with a narcissistic manager who goes through staff swiftly. Worst workplace ever. Favoritism and a mean girl mentality. Non supportive regional and area managers. No HR department for a company that is of the size one is needed. Many illegal practices.
Pros
Nice clothing
Cons
Store manager
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Johnny Was?
My love for color and fabric love seeing new product every month but much of the fit and some quality fell short for me.
Tog have little to no say about the store you work,in and pay is for folks who work for a hobby.
Pros
Generous discount
Cons
No place for employees to put purse, lunch etc. And no comfortable place to have breaks or eat.
Do not waste your time with this company, unless you would like to be treated terribly. The clothing is cute but not worth the price point the visual merchandising was a headache. The paperwork was stupid and we had to constantly fulfill other orders. I will never set foot in a store again.
Pros
No pros
Easiest job i've ever had. They want you to be more like a friend helping someone shop, instead of a sales person. A regular day is serving champagne and chatting up customers. Hardest part of the job was probably looking for certain clothes customers wanted that were rare. The best part was the friendly atmosphere.
Pros
Easygoing atmosphere
Cons
if you don't make your goal in 3 months your job is threatened
the district manager is absolutely horrible. the company as a whole is completely ran by uneducated idiots with considerably no customer or employee appreciation
Great atmosphere and really genuine people. Great benefits and incentives. Open door policy. They listen if you have questions. A little more hourly pay would be great!
Pros
Great atmosphere and manager is fair to all
Cons
Wish it was busier
Great company. I was Market Help and helped them during the busiest time and got to learn a lot about the boutique retail world. The management was wonderful to their seasonal part time help.
slow paced but easy to learn if you have been in retail. recently alot has changed, you are expected to meet a weekly/monthly goal that is possible to achieve if clients come in
Not fair and gossiping leaders .
Violate all procedures.

Bad

Place to work

Not likely to be developed as a leader. Not procedures in place. You work to wing it
Working here is a temporary job while I am still in college. It's a great job and benefits are provided. Awesome management, friendly environment. Really relaxed environment.
Love the brand, dislike the management that represents it. The amount of work you put into the company is never recognized. Benefits are lackluster. You're just a cog in the system.
I worked with awesome designers and created beautiful designs. The company is growing. It has a fun and relaxed company culture. I would recommend this company.