Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center Employee Reviews

had a lot of autonomy
Rapid Response Nurse, ALL ICU's (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 10, 2018
In my position I had a lot of autonomy. I was able to work in all of the
ICU's and ER. I made many friends with nurses, doctors and patients
and their families.
Productive and fast past
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 5, 2018
Good job bad people bad management. Working at bayview is very stressful a lot of work and not enough help.
Very easy work but management pushes you past your limit and eventually you’ll be exhausted
Pros
Good food
Cons
Short break managements
The job is a great first time job for a college student
Customer service/Hospitality Associate (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MD 21224June 21, 2018
It is very hard to get to switch fields at Johns Hopkins Bayview or even to transfer to another location. HR doesn’t communicate effectively with the employees. Wasn’t able to make exit interview on specific date so they put me down as no rehire.
JHBVM work place
OFFICE ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJune 14, 2018
while working here I have improved on my communication skills. While working here, I have learned many things and met many great people. this work place is a positive work place and the people are great to work with.
Pros
learn new things
Easy, fast pace
Dietitian's Assistant (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMay 26, 2018
Easy job when you get the logistics down. Coworkers in kitchen can be intimidating and most don't enjoy what they do, however, they get there work done.
production driven
billing activities required in physician office (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMay 23, 2018
worked individually, most of staff worked from home, responsible for getting my work done in time allotted; punched in and out for lunch as well as the beginning of the day and end of day
Registered Nurse Operating Room (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMay 8, 2018
Plenty of room both to teach incoming nurses and learn from other providers. Management generally agreeable, but did not take personal needs into consideration. Hardest part were the long hours and flip-flopping shifts. The most enjoyable was the job itself and all the wonderful providers; doctors, nurses and technicians.
Pros
Great benefits. Great People
Cons
Too much O.T.and ever changing shifts
Workplace
ED Patient Registrar (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMay 5, 2018
During my time in the ER I have grown to accept my coworkers as family. In the ER we pull together and make things work even if it's hard. I learn something new everyday and everyday is different. The hardest part of my job is losing patients.
Nice place to work
Patient Services Assistant (Current Employee) –  BayviewApril 30, 2018
I really like my job but currently looking for another job because of financial problems . and I also would like to be in a job that I could retire from this position is fine but I can not retire from her because I do not make enough to take care of family.
PCT (Patient Care Technician) (Former Employee) –  MarylandApril 20, 2018
I miss some of the staff but it wasn't a pleasant place to work I felt helpless at times for example the staff we knew of a nurse that was stealing medication putting it in her back pack in the break room it was anonymously reported to the manager by another nurse and instead of the manager investigation she tells the accused nurse what was said and advised her to remove her bag and put it in her locker
Pros
Three 12 hour shifts
Cons
Low pay, working short
high stress but collaborative
Manager, Training and Organizational Development (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDApril 2, 2018
Very high expectations but also acknowledgement of reaching goals. You are usually left to yourself to complete your goals so there is not alot of hand holding or micro managing.
Pros
Benefits are excellent
Cons
High expectations
My days at The Bay
Material Handler 2 (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMarch 28, 2018
A daily routine here at Bayview consist of great customer service to the vendors that comes in to make deliveries. As a Material Handler here we distribute the inventory throughout the campus after the work has been processed and separated. I do other miscellaneous tasks as well such as minor fixtures to clinical equipment, delivery of beds and replacing soon to be expired clinical product.
Pros
I work alone on the truck, so at my own pace.
Cons
Management sucks.
Division of Cardiology Cath Lab Secretary (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMarch 22, 2018
OVER all its a good place to work , management is very poor . Benefeits hours and co workers are great! VP and Dr's are awesome. But again office supervisor was very unprofessional
Good Supervisors and Opportunities to Grow
Mental Health Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMarch 19, 2018
Working at Bayview has given me valuable experience, and there have been opportunities to grow and advance. My supervisors and co-workers have been supportive and great to work with.
many work here just for the name
Inpatient Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMarch 19, 2018
I worked here for over 15 years and always felt that I was overworked, underpaid, and reminded that I should be grateful for working at such a prestigious institution.
great place for new grads
Physician Assistant (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMarch 7, 2018
Outstanding place to learn. The staff is very friendly and there are many opportunities to cross train and be around very smart and hard working individuals
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDFebruary 12, 2018
A typical day consist of heavy calendar scheduling, travel arrangements payroll, ordering of supplies. Making sure the office runs smoothly. I work for the faculty of 7 people..
Amazing place to work
Associate Director of Marketing and Communications (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDFebruary 7, 2018
I loved the culture and work environment at Johns Hopkins Bayview. I really feel like people were there for the right reasons. They want to help others, save lives, heal and improve others' health. Coworkers across the Medical Center were kind, helpful and respectful. Diversity and inclusion are valued. It's OK to speak up and speak out, especially as it relates to patient safety and finding better ways to do things.
Learned a lot
Out patient registrar (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDFebruary 4, 2018
Fast Pace. Patients Checking in and Out. Pulling test results. answering phones . Getting to know patients was a plus them getting sick was the hardest part to watch. The most enjoyable was seeing patients with a smile on their face.
Pros
Lunches
Cons
Free Lunches and Breakfasts
Current employee
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJanuary 30, 2018
Poor management, poor pay and blatant racism. No advancement opportunities, lies on lies about “benefits “. Bad work culture, revolving door and just an overall bad place to work
Pros
None whatsoever
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.1InHerSight Score

1.8Personal Development

2.2Career Opportunities

1.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight