Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center Culture reviews

Featured review
Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center selected this as a representative review
Productive work place
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJanuary 16, 2018
Busy and fast paced work place. Patient care comes first. Patients are treated with dignity and respect. Cultural diversity is highly respected. Patient information are highly confidential.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Short breaks
Extremely well trained staff.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 8, 2019
Fast paced job with a positive culture. Night shift limited resources and often short staffed. Enjoyed my coworkers but sadly a lack of consistency managerially.
not so productive a lot of politics
Senior RN, Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJune 18, 2019
Hard shifts, long hours without break, too much politics, seniors get holidays off, new nurses and travel nurses are not treated with respect, poor management
Great Place to work
Senior Medical Office Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMay 24, 2019
Great location for the Baltimore area. Amazing physicians and staff to work for. Awesome benefits and room for advancement for your career. Parking wasn't the greatest thing @ Bay view. Friendly place to work.
Benefits
Cons
Parking
.workimg there was great
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMarch 26, 2019
.working there was great enjoyed my time there. Pay could’ve been a lot better but I loved the people I worked with. I sometimes think about going back
great place to learn
Dietetic Intern (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMarch 8, 2019
So many different specialists and a research centered approach leads to great learning. I was there as a student and I was able to work throughout bayview and downtown both places were great!
Pleasant work place
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJanuary 30, 2019
It was a very agreeable work place and I have learned a lot about managing except I had to work long hours otherwise I don't have anything to complaint about the place it was a very fun and productive place to work for.
Productive and Satisfying place to work
Support Services Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Center for Addiction and PregnancyDecember 5, 2018
Workplace culture to help our patients. The staff is a family. We help each other on the job and off. JHBMC has great benefits. I love to help people.
great place to work
Patient Registrar (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDNovember 13, 2018
Great teaching experience and an overall wonderful place to work. Excellent benefits and a nice place to retire. The staff is amazing and really care for the needs of every patient.
Productive workplace
Patient Relations Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDOctober 17, 2018
Great positive workplace, able to advance quickly. Management is always willing to help and actually wants to see employees succeed. The most enjoyable part is meeting new people on a daily basis.
Great work environment
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDOctober 6, 2018
Excellent work setting if you want to learn hands on. Offer various groups and teams that you can be apart of. Had appreciation for the staff member monthly
Pros
Learning and help from management
Cons
Lower wages
productive and fun workplace
Process Improvement Coordinator (Former Employee) –  baltimore, MdSeptember 9, 2018
Working at Bayview as an intern was a great opportunity. I worked closely with a medical team that was supportive and displayed great teamwork. I worked with a diverse group of people that was able to share their ideas, which help in our research to be successful.
Pros
great team
Cons
short breaks
Fast paced, but great people.
Occupational Therapist (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDSeptember 9, 2018
Great place to work. Great culture. Wonderful rehab department. Highly recommend. Unfortunately, the salary is low, and continuing education money has been cut.
Excellent place to learn
Senior Mental Health Therapist (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 21, 2018
A typical day is providing intensive case management provided to severely mentally ill individuals. Joy of providing a service to enrich someone life. Management very supportive,knowledgeable and hands on. Work place culture is magnificent. Enjoyable part of the job is team work and working out challenges.
JHBVM work place
OFFICE ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJune 14, 2018
while working here I have improved on my communication skills. While working here, I have learned many things and met many great people. this work place is a positive work place and the people are great to work with.
Pros
learn new things
great place for new grads
Physician Assistant (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMarch 7, 2018
Outstanding place to learn. The staff is very friendly and there are many opportunities to cross train and be around very smart and hard working individuals
Amazing place to work
Associate Director of Marketing and Communications (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDFebruary 7, 2018
I loved the culture and work environment at Johns Hopkins Bayview. I really feel like people were there for the right reasons. They want to help others, save lives, heal and improve others' health. Coworkers across the Medical Center were kind, helpful and respectful. Diversity and inclusion are valued. It's OK to speak up and speak out, especially as it relates to patient safety and finding better ways to do things.
Current employee
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJanuary 30, 2018
Poor management, poor pay and blatant racism. No advancement opportunities, lies on lies about “benefits “. Bad work culture, revolving door and just an overall bad place to work
Pros
None whatsoever
underpaid
Registrar/Floater (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJanuary 17, 2018
There were not enough of workplace cultures. The pay was bad and the work was boring. the best part is I got to work in different departments so I got a chance to meet a lot of people.
Pros
moved around alot
Cons
not happy with the company
Thankful for this job, because of the knowledge that I've obtained working here.
JHCP Internal Medicine (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDDecember 29, 2017
A typical day at work is usual fast paced, but it's understood what the requirements are, so it doesn't make it too stressful.
Working in an Internal medicine office, I've learned a lot of different areas of the medical field, due to us dealing with a little bit of everything.
I work in a diverse office with different cultures, religions and race, so a lot is learned.
The hardest part of my job is seeing people hurt.

The most enjoyable part is knowing that I have made a difference in someone's life.
Learning Experience
Medical Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDDecember 29, 2017
I have been working for Johns Hopkins for five years and six months. My overall experience has been pleasant. This company has given me opportunities to learn and grow as a person while working in the medical field. This company has a variety of different people of culture which allowed me to be more open. I am very grateful for my experience.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.0InHerSight Score

2.8Personal Development

3.3Career Opportunities

2.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center Reviews by Location