Johns Hopkins Community Physicians Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Medical Assitant
MEDICAL ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 6, 2018
This organization helped to cultivate and build up my skill set it encourages you to progress in your profession. I would recommend this comapny to others
Jhcp
Registered Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Odenton, MDJuly 3, 2018
I truly loved working for JHCP. The individuals I worked with were like my family. Our management if they were not in the office, they would hang sign on their door letting you know and to contact them via cell for emergent reasons. Always willing to help you advance and update skill sets.
Good Place to learn
Lead Medical Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMay 19, 2018
Great place to learn and grow. The excellent stepping stone for launch your healthcare career. Benefits are good and th tuition reimbursement is great as well.
I enjoyed working for Johns Hopkins.
Registered Medical Assistant/Clinical Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Bowie, MDMay 14, 2018
Very great company to work for. Benefits are excellent and there is opportunity for growth within. Fun work place and great emphasis on team work. I would recommend this company.
Started great
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dundalk, MDApril 24, 2018
Management was horrible. There was a lot of favoritism and everyone was not treated equally. Very stressful environment and no teamwork from others. Working with 2-3 doctors alone while others would be sitting doing nothing.
Benefits
n/a
Medical office Assistant/Pre-Op Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDApril 4, 2018
Johns Hopkins has amazing benefits, however there is not much opportunity for advancement and its extremely difficult to move through the university due to years of experience
Pros
health insurance
Cons
management
Productive, Professional Environment
Social Work Manager (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJanuary 23, 2018
Strong workplace
good teaching environment
strong teams
excellent patient care
research and innovation is strength
excellent engagement
convenient locations
Great Organization
Medical Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bethesda, MDJanuary 21, 2018
Johns Hopkins is a really great organization and I truly enjoy working here. I work at one of the busiest specialty practices and there truly isn't enough time in a day to get everything done.
Pros
Great benefits, good reputation
Cons
Very busy, not a lot of room for growth
Streesful Enviornment
Medical Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bowie, MDJanuary 20, 2018
Not a team environment. However, I enjoyed working with my patients on the daily bases worth going to work. Very long days because the doctors ran late daily.
Pros
patients
Cons
stressful
Overall a great place to work
Medical Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDDecember 8, 2017
an excellent manager. Employees were wonderful to work with. nice to work with patients. the job overall was pretty easy and working with management.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short breaks, should be n occurence if you have time
A job
Charge Nurse - Pediatrics Department (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDDecember 5, 2017
This position was a job until I could find what I really wanted to do. Was not fulfilling for me. There were no possible professional growth available for me.
Fun and Busy Workplace
Medical Records Representative (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDNovember 27, 2017
The workday with Johns Hopkins Community Physicians is a fun and busy workday. With the patient's we serve and staff, it help makes the day go by more enjoyable. It's a great team to work with. We have department activities to help with engagement. Working for Johns Hopkins Community Physicians I have learned and valued community. Here we serve the community being available to provide healthcare. As an employee, for me it has been rewarding to see the people's lives you touch and how appreciative they are to have me as a part of the team. The patient's truly show you their appreciation and it makes it all worth it. Sometimes the hardest part of the job is the lack of communication amongst staff or management and a lack of team effort from the staff to complete a task to help a patient. Overall, I would say EBMC is a cool place to work for. It takes a special heart and toughness!
Pros
Pot Lucks, Pto
Cons
Short lunch breaks
Productive and fast paced
Medical Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Belcamp, MD 21017October 9, 2017
Great staff and a joy to come to work. Always learning something new, and the satisfaction of being able to help patients is incredible. Management pushes you to improve and gives you the tools to do so.
Fast Paced
Registered Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dundalk, MDOctober 3, 2017
Very fast paced. Lots of culture. Great co workers Great benefits.LEARNED LOTS OF REALLY GREAT THINGS. Good place to work. Great, very friendly patients.
Medical Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Odenton, MDSeptember 19, 2017
Great place to work - learned a lot about helping patients and handling difficult situations. Typical day was working from 8 AM to 5 PM, checking in patients and providing information to patients with appointments and to walk-in patients.
Pros
Helping patients
Awesome Co workers
Patient Access Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDSeptember 17, 2017
My coworkers are awesome. They worked together as a team. It made the day go by fast. You will be in a call center setting. If you like to be by yourself and not to worry about others then this will fit you well.
Wonderful Place to Work
Medical Administrative Specialist Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Edgewater, MDAugust 29, 2017
Friendly helpful co workers, supervisors available for assistance if needed, positive attitudes a happy environment to work for. Challenging at times, education always offered and promoted.
low wage
Director of Physician Billing (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 23, 2017
Hopkins doesn't pay well. Their feeling is you will be able to put Johns Hopkins on your resume and that should make up for the lack of pay. Also, HR sides with employees and doesn't provide guidance, when needed, to management.
Fast paced
Medical Assisting Student (Former Employee) –  Odenton, MDJuly 11, 2017
I completed my externship for school here and it was a very nice place to work. The staff is very friendly and I would recommend it as a place to work.
Educational: always learning.
Practice Administrator (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJune 29, 2017
Productive and ongoing learning opportunities. This is a great place to learn grow. Continuing your education is encouraged. We are kept on our toes by successfully completing yearly competencies, patient and employee appreciation surveys, and safety attitudes questionnaires to assure we are treating our patient families with the most excellent care.