Johns Hopkins Health Care Employee Reviews

Featured review
Johns Hopkins Health Care selected this as a representative review
good place to work
Credentialing Specialist I (Former Employee) –  Glen Burnie, MDOctober 23, 2017
good place to work. nice people and a respectable atmosphere. most bosses care about thier employees and try to help them advance in thier careers. jobs are offered to interal people before ousiders
Pros
nice place
Cons
lots of constant changes
Stressful and chaotic
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Glen Burnie, MDSeptember 30, 2018
This was one of the worst jobs I had ever had. Management and leadership staff were completely incompetent in their job duties and how things worked. They never took accountability for the mess they create. Communication was a failed system. Information was poorly delivered. Customer service was at an all time low. Management and leader put numbers ahead of plain customer service. Its was better to end a call then to take diligent time to correctly resolve problems. The faster you were able to get a customer off of the phone, the better. I was no need to search for solutions. Management implement a new system to process member authorization only to discover the system was a complete failure. This was the catastrophe that lead me to flap my wings away from the company. Providers were fed up because they had not been paid due to claims incorrectly denying. Members were being billed and sent to collection agencies. Management and leadership failed to act accordingly. Problems continued and multiplied. Still no resolution from management as if there was no problem at all. I would not recommend this company to my worst enemy. Poor management and leadership. Communication was a failed system. Very high turnover rate. Incompetent supervisors and managers. Poorly designed customer service guidelines. A total disgrace to the Johns Hopkins Name. If your leadership and management are weak, your entire agency will be .
Pros
Advancement opportunities
Cons
Poor management, poor customer service, no accountability, incompetent supervisors
Room for advancement but difficult to change positions
Title- Intake Coordinator 3 (Current Employee) –  Glen Burnie, MDSeptember 4, 2018
Ive worked at JHHC for almost a year now. I have already advanced and had a pay raise but in the process of trying to change a position which is taking forever. I submitted a job application back in june within the company but it is still pending. The company pays well but there is definitely competition.
Pros
Paid time off
Cons
Non flexible hours
great training program, low salary, great benefits
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Glen Burnie, MDAugust 1, 2018
Overall the company has an amazing culture. There are several hiccups in regards to systems and information being given in a timely manner. Moreover, in contrast to the going market rates for CSR work, JHHC is relatively low on the pay scale even considering the benefits. Also there is no emergency days, you have to use SSL in which you can only use if you have PTO. So in turn unless you have the PTO to cover yourself you won't actually have the emergency time to take off if needed.
Pros
culture
Cons
time off available, salary
A great start to a good career path
Coding Compliance Specialist/Asst (Current Employee) –  Glen Burnie, MDNovember 10, 2017
I took on additional responsibilities as required while staffing was low. Management did not find it necessary to hire additional staff as long as the work is being done satisfactorily. I like the department and my coworkers, but currently my work life balance is taking a back seat to my job.
Even with the additional responsibilities, growth into those areas are not likely.
Pros
The people in my department, the benefits
Cons
Low to no growth
for the most part very enjoyable job
Nurse Case Manager for high risk (Former Employee) –  Glen Burnie, MD 21060October 27, 2017
Great opportunities both professionally and personally. I left for wrong reasons and had the opportunity to return and blessed to return to my same team after unfortunate decision to leave and go to University the worst mistake of my life.
Pros
opportunites to advance
Cons
not competitive with pay
Not a bad place to work
Health Assessment Coordinator- Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Glen Burnie, MDSeptember 11, 2017
My typical day at work includes working from referrals and reports and making outbound calls to members. The most enjoyable part of the job is helping people make lifestyle changes to help improve their chronic condition. The hardest part is not being able to provide resources for the seniors needing co-pay assistance.
Productive and stressful
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Glen Burnie, MDAugust 8, 2017
Although Johns Hopkins is a great company to work for , depending on your department it can be extremely stressful. However, the benefits are great. I worked in a call center environment verified insurance benefits and eligibility for providers, as well as assisted with claims. I did not like the position because I felt you work more with claims than anything else which was not fully explained in the interview or job description. The thing I enjoyed the most was, you had the opportunity to work from home which was very convenient. The workplace it self was very positive and energetic. I met a lot of new people and made lots of new friends. I do appreciate the knowledge I've gained. Being able to see what its like on the insurance side of things, helps you better understand the claims process as well as how referrals and things of that nature are processed. The managers in the customer service department were very helpful and knowledgeable whenever you had an issue they were very helpful. Because it was a high call valium setting it could become very tiring and mentally draining. You'll find yourself saying the same things over and over again. There's almost no break in calls as soon as you finish one call and document there's another one waiting. Which was very upsetting because that was not described in the interview or job description either. Its a lot of responsibility and for most of the reps you are being under paid. With it being Monday through Friday you will never have the option for overtime, its almost like your on salary because your paycheck will not change at all.  more... They make it sound like its easy to move into different departments but its really not. However as I said before the perks are great and the benefits I guess you would have to decide personally if its something you would like to do. However I personally would not recommend the position to anyone. The corporation itself is pretty great though.  less
Pros
perks and discounts with major corporations
Cons
no overtime in the customer service department

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Johns Hopkins Health Care. Our community is ready to answer.

Johns Hopkins Health Care Reviews by Location