Johns Hopkins Health System Employee Reviews

Positive Environment and exciting opportunities
Inventory Specialist (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 16, 2018
Johns Hopkins Health Systems offered positions that helped facilitate research and medical advancement. Very interesting work and also a very positive team environment. Management was very supportive and facilitated growth within the company.
Productive place pro dyversity of people
Documentation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 11, 2018
The best thing about my job is helping the customers
And. The experience self actualization of seeing others being healthy and feeling better than before their visit
I enjoy working as a part a large cohesive team of caring individual.
It makes me want learn more and new ways to approach new beginnings due the way we treat our customer satisfaction.
Pros
Educational opportunties
Cons
Revenue Cycle Management Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 10, 2018
I have learned a lot from this company, it has help me to grow in other ways. The most enjoyable part are the people that i work along side. They make it feel like a family.
its a great experience
HR Costumer Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJune 21, 2018
The management here, always choose sides and they wont push you to be great or to help you improve to better. I just feel they have there favorites and they help them to be great.
poor treatment of employees
supervisory (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMay 29, 2018
Johns Hopkins overworks their employees with little recognition from higher management. Executives purposely run short on staffing. Salaries are poor as well. Safety and security is an issue on and around campus. As diversified as Johns Hopkins advertised, they are prejudice towards Muslims and people from other countries.
Best part is the health benefits
Head Finance Teller (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMay 6, 2018
I enjoyed working with my coworkers, however management is definitely lacking. If you have any issues, there really isn't anyone to go to. The health benefits are very reasonable.
benefits
Cons
management
Has been a great experience - room for growth and learning
Clarity Report writer (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMay 4, 2018
A great learning experience. Diversity and opportunity. Interesting location, resources, flexibility, promotion possibilities.
A very good employer and community resource
Challenging and Rewarding
INTEGRATION PROJECT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDApril 30, 2018
There are major opportunities for thinking out of the box in the Project management area. Creativity is received well. The most enjoyable part of my job is the different level of people I get to work with on a daily basis.
Place was great until leadership transferred team
Trainer/Instructor (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDApril 24, 2018
I enjoyed working for hopkins for the majority of the time I worked there. The pay tho low compared to other local hospitals was tolerable with all the other benefits that you get, ie school money, house grants, etc.

If you decide to work for hopkins i would recommend any area except for working at KESWICK. If that is where they are going to place you abort!!! It was like being in highschool. Leadership had no trust of their employees.

If you complain about your manager you're the problem even though you might have worked there longer.

HR at Keswick will not back you so dont bother.

The only time they care about your opinion is during Gallup Surveys.

If you are salaried they treat you as if you're hourly.
Benefits
Cons
Finance Department in Keswick is like working at Mcdonalds in their opinion you are a child
Great training
Revenue Cycle Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMarch 16, 2018
They really took the time to train you. They listened to your idea and team work. They would allow you to work from home a couple of days a week it was not consistent though out the company which I felt was unfair.
Johns Hopkins
Epic Optime Application Coordinator II (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDFebruary 28, 2018
I learned a lot in this position and had an amazing team to work with. It is very hard to move up and the pay is pretty low compared the market. Management seems to care about the person more than the job itself.
productive
Patient financial clearance coordinator III (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDFebruary 27, 2018
The team I work for is hardworking and dedicated to patient care, however there is really no room for growth on the administrative side of patient care
Unhappy at Hopkins
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDFebruary 25, 2018
Very Racist environment. If you are Caucasian.. you’ll make out ok! However, if you are African American or any other race and have an issue with a Caucasian coworker, be prepared for them to take their side immediately!
Pros
Just the name
Cons
Volume of work requires more staff
Accounts Payable Vendor Master Specialist (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDFebruary 24, 2018
Short-staffed, overworked and underpaid. Direct management strives to boost staff morale and is sensitive to the stress generated by the enormous workload.
Pros
Great relationship with co-workers and efforts by management to boost morale.
Cons
Upper senior management's failure to recognize the unmanageable workload for its staff.
Administrative Assistant billing (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDFebruary 23, 2018
Great place to work. They sent me to school and put me in the position I went to school for within six months of finishing school. I also worked 2 days and went to school 3 days still getting paid for 40 hours.
Gossip, trust, management
RN (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLFebruary 12, 2018
Worked at JHACH for 3 mths. Had to have surgery, acutely. gallstones. was written up for it. Management was horrible. Gossip was ridiculous. Was hired for years of experience but was always questioned about the care given wanted the employee to use a script. Trust was lacking between peers. Would tell you something one day and then change the next.
Pros
Health insurance, benefits
Cons
Bad management, unfriendly staff, gossip
It’s All In a Name!
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  St. Petersburg, FLFebruary 8, 2018
I worked for ACH and JHACH for many years and I can say once the merge was complete ACH was no more! The JHACH culture is poor and does not back its employees. For the first time in years it truly became about the bottom dollar. The sense of family was gone and I sadly watched many employees leave and fear for their jobs. Compensation for both companies was poor and did not line up with the state averages. There is also is not a lot of room to advance. If you’re good at your job you won’t be given the opportunity to move up!
Pros
Health insurance and PTO.
Cons
Poor compensation and opportunity to advance.
Stressful, Poor Management
Patient Access Specialist (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDFebruary 3, 2018
I’ve been working at JHCP for almost 4yrs and the first two was so so, but these last two years have really been stressful. The management team sucks! No paid vacation or sick, you simply acrew PTO every pay period. Don’t ever think to call out because you will get an Occurence, they don’t care if your sick and dying, they expect you to be ther. No flexibility at all. If you have children this is not the job for you.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Poor management, employees don’t engage.
Just the Name
Epic Implementation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJanuary 19, 2018
I will never recommend this place to anyone. It’s just one of the hospitals with big name which just looks good on paper. Horrible management, extremely low pay increments and overall extremely poor organization culture where no one is happy.
Pros
Cons
Low pay increases, poor benefits and extremely poor management and organization culture
It's just a Prestigous Name
Claims Analyst II (Former Employee) –  Glen Burnie, MDDecember 26, 2017
Pay is below standard, The reviews are based on how well you're liked as well as advancement opportunities, you work at your own pace but must meet quota
Pros
Employee Appreciation a couple of times a year
Cons
Expensive Health Care coverage

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Johns Hopkins Health System. Our community is ready to answer.