Johns Hopkins Home Care Group Employee Reviews

Love JH, not JH Home care group
Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMarch 29, 2018
Leadership is not supportive. Warehouse team members support each other, management supports upper management..more like Micro management. Leadership gets better, Home Care Group would be a great place to work!
cut throat
RN (Former Employee) –  baltimoreMarch 11, 2018
trainers sabotage your success, watch out for your license, mistakes are plentiful and they will have you fall on the sword. Mgt is nothing short of a bully. I speak for more than myself but can't mention names
Pros
nothing
Cons
high stress, low morale, fear managed
Easy work but not goo management.
Home Care Connections Assistant (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMarch 4, 2018
This was my first job tight out of college and I was not not expected a lot. I wanted to get some job experience under my belt. The job was very easy but the management made the job unbearable at times.
Pros
Flexible schedules
Cons
No room for upward mobility
Nice place to work
Home Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Dundalk, MDMarch 1, 2018
Excellent work environment. Collaborated with the interdisciplinary team to provide patient care from admission to discharge. Enjoyed the team work. Administration was concerned about both the patients and employees well being.
Pros
Working with a team
Cons
Hand written documentation
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDFebruary 4, 2018
Great place to work. Very supportive team that encourages you to be the best nurse you can be. They respect you and appreciate you for doing your job. I would highly recommend work here.
Excellent opportunity
Infusion Case Manager, RN (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDDecember 13, 2017
Switched from working in home care from the pediatric emergency department. Great to see the sunlight and be out in the world making a difference in the community. Also, great to work with a manager that is supportive.
Helpful management gets you through the day. Make a difference in pt's lives. Diverse pt experience. Autonomous. Spent at the end of the week.
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDDecember 10, 2017
The business is motivated by CMS to have accurate & thorough documentation. Meanwhile, you are helping out other nurses who may have to cover for you by having thorough & detailed documentation. This sucks into your day as you have to visit up to 5 individuals per day, 5 days a week. By the weekend you are so tired. Furthermore, you feel like you get a chance to bond with patients, make a difference & be a REAL nurse-- out in the field, with a phone and hotspot, not knowing what you are walking into. Again, if you want to work more than 40 hours per week and like documenting while having an intimate experience with patients, this is the job for you!
Pros
Cell phone, nice laptop, helpful management, benefits
Cons
so much friggin documentation, demanding schedule based on pt needs
I like the job and the clients.
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDNovember 15, 2017
It’s a good company and management is great. You’ll never get any hours! I would recommend that you have another job or back up plan. This should be a job if you have extra time outside of another job.
good experience
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDOctober 12, 2017
great manager good experience
would tell others to join team
flexibility in work schedule
work as little or as much as you want
free flu shots
love this job
glad i work there
Productive, good communitcation , understanding
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dundalk, MDSeptember 11, 2017
My job is very easy I have out going patients , I basically do a little cleaning for them , cook, and take them out for a walk . We sit and have long conversations .
Very productive
Cash Posting II (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 14, 2017
You are constantly busy posting, the people are very friendly and your day just flys by. They do a lot for their employees, there is employee engagement which can be fun.
Productive fun workplace
Medical Billing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Dundalk, MDJuly 18, 2017
I don't have anything personal to say about the job, I enjoy coming everyday and my coworkers are awesome. There is room for growth with the company.
Great Staff
Specialty Pharmacy Technician/Floater (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMay 15, 2017
Everyone is like one big family, we always look out for each. Compliment each other daily. Fun environment. Meetings are educational and fun. We hangout outside of work. I have actually made some great friends.
Pros
Free lunches for meetings, and inventory
Leading heathcare organization.
Clinical Recruitment Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJanuary 3, 2017
Being one of the world's best, the organization's focus is on strategic priorities developed by the leadership team and cascaded to all employees.

Typical day at work - challenging and busy but all worth it
What have I learned - a lot
Management - focus on strategic priorities, embracing diversity and inclusion
My co-workers - hardworking
Hardest part of my job - can't think of any
Most enjoyable part of my job - working with different people
Pros
Great benefits and various opportunities
professional and organized
Staff P.T (Current Employee) –  Baltimore County, MDDecember 14, 2016
Very professional and attentive to professional growth. The entire organization has been very concerned and involved with each employees success and development. Hopkins fully equips me to succeed as a PT both in education and resources.
Pros
professional development, accessibility to management
Cons
low compensation, weekend and holiday requirements
Great company to work for.
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MD 21287October 10, 2016
A typical work day was very hectic, but with the staff we had, it was fun, too. I didn't agree with ALL the way things were done, and up until a new manager came in and took over, we were like a family and we liked coming t work. Once the new management took over, the morale went down, horribly. Over the course of 3 years, all of us left the Pharmacy to go work elsewhere, all due to one or two people.
Pros
GREAT pay, provided free luches sometimes
Cons
not much respect from the higher ups, new and helpful ideas aren't usually considered
Short term temporary assignment
Home Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  The Johns Hopkins Hospital - Baltimore MDJune 30, 2016
A typical day in this position consisted of arranging home medical care for patients that were being discharged from JHH
I learned that a lot of work goes into coordinating home medical services and supplies.
Management was precise.
Had a great bunch of coworkers
The biggest obstacle I faced was the coordination between the patient's services that were needed, there type of insurance and what companies took that particular insurance. It was a great learning experience.
Best part of the job was the inner feeling when all services came together and knowing the patient would benefit in the end.
Pros
Helping the patients
Cons
Extremely stressful
Manger is great
PT Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDDecember 14, 2015
You would think with a name like hopkins they would take better care of the employee's but they don't but they want you to take care of the patients.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Close to home
Home Care
Assistant (Current Employee) –  hhsOctober 1, 2015
I learned a lot working for JHHCG , where I was able to utilize my skills and learn a lot about home health services and durable medical equipment
Pros
Great benefit packets
Cons
some persons in leadership were inexperienced and lacked interpersonal skills
Difficult to be 'best of the best' when help is needed
Physician Liaison (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMarch 29, 2015
The company continues to grow rapidly, however employment does not (where it is greatly needed). All in all, it's a good place to work with good benefits, however there is not a retirement program (other than the 403B)