Johns Hopkins Hospital Employee Reviews

Found 1,292 reviews matching the search See all 1,302 reviews
Featured review
Johns Hopkins Hospital selected this as a representative review
Wonderful workplace with inclusive, supportive, community feel
Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJune 7, 2018
The Johns Hopkins Hospital is a magnificent institution. The nurses, doctors, nurse practitioners, physicians assistants, and technicians work well together to provide optimal care for patients. Despite the size of the hospital, the Hopkins community seems close-knit and supportive of one another. It has truly been a pleasure to have worked at Johns Hopkins for the past four years. I highly recommend working at Hopkins, especially if you intend to continue furthering your education. Hopkins provides many opportunities for career advancement.
Cons
Expensive parking
word hard
Inventory/Supply Specialist (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDFebruary 14, 2019
I have to put on gloves before touching their products.
And I had to pick up certain things for the doctors.So they can take it up to the doctors to be use. Then I put the new products on the shelf.
The worse work environment ever
Clinical Liaison (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDFebruary 14, 2019
Nobody likes to talk about how John Hopkins continues to discriminate amongst African American workers, paying low wages for decades. I’ve known people that have worked there for 10 or more years and they are only just making $13! Ridiculous! They promise opportunity advancement and most managers block you from moving around in the hospital to keep positions filled on their unit. The only way out is if you quit or walk off after numerous attempts to reach out to your manager or hr. And the union is useless
my first job
Medical Technologist (ASCP) (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDFebruary 9, 2019
I started at Johns Hopkins fresh out of college. I learned so much at this prestigious institution that served me well as I pursued other opportunities
Resting on Tradition
Sr. Product Manager (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDFebruary 7, 2019
I am never surprised by the antiquated technology and processes I have encountered here. While the clinical advancements at this organization is stellar, it is the exact opposite for IT innovation and infrastructure.
Professional atmosphere
Administrative Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDFebruary 6, 2019
It is a busy work day handling different projects. My supervisor is very understanding and patient. The staff is very friendly.

There is always something going on which makes for interesting work days.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
temorary
cool job
Environmental Care Associate (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDFebruary 3, 2019
overall Hopkins is a cool job depending on your department just wish they stayed on top of raises and making sure people get that money they are owed a typical work day can vary it can be busy or slow depending on holidays or weekends the most enjoyable part of my job is being with co workers and working as a team
Fast paced, Productive, educational
Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDFebruary 1, 2019
Absolutely loved my job at Hopkins! Learned a lot from the surgeons and was able to be a participant in some amazing things. Management was helpful with your achievement of advancement.
Johns Hopkins
Hospital Based Surgical Physician Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bethesda, MDJanuary 31, 2019
I do not feel I should have to review a prior employer. I worked here for over 20 years and left on very good terms. I left because my family relocated to Texas.
na
Food service worker (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJanuary 30, 2019
Having lived in Baltimore twenty years ago the areas nearby were not so nice, but the University has really taken the lead and helped develop the surrounding area into a very safe, livable and welcoming portion of the city. I am sure that it has helped JHU attract even greater talent and hopefully will help the city of Baltimore improve overall.
Pros
break
Cons
a ssssc ssqsqq
Terrible place to work
Lead Chemistry Laboratory Technician (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJanuary 30, 2019
Unless you are a doctor or you want the "Johns Hopkins" name on your resume, I would not work here, terrible work environment. Will work your feet into the ground and the pay is very low.
Pros
all the overtime you want to make more money
Cons
make you pay for an hour long lunch break, so you work 8.5 hrs instead of 8 hrs of work

Want to know more about Johns Hopkins Hospital?

Ask a question
Productive place of employment
Revenue Cycle Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJanuary 29, 2019
Workplace is very family oriented and help / resources are always available . There are department incentives every three months. Hopkins always has something going on to celebrate
Pros
Department incentives
Cons
Management doesn’t always stick to policy protocols or keep communication with company updates
Great place to work, excellent benefits
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJanuary 26, 2019
I loved working here for the most part. One unit I worked at had a fairly toxic reputation which they lived up to, but I was able transfer out to another unit which was amazing, and I would never have left if I didn't have to move across the country so my husband could chase better career opportunities for himself. Great benefits, great pay, highly recommend.
Great place to work, loved meeting people
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJanuary 24, 2019
I worked in the nutrition store room Department, so a typical day, I would unload pallets, and stock, deliver orders to functional units. Greet Customers and prepare there storeroom orders, for their particular unit. I enjoyed meeting a diverse group of people. My job was fairly easy. Management is mostly fair.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Pay
multiple positions constantly
Foodservice Worker II (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MD 21287January 24, 2019
The hospital is an interesting environment full of varying positions for every skill set. it is a place where you can take advantage of education, and online skill development
Pros
easily accessible
Cons
favoritism
Structured work environment with good professional folks.
EVS FLOOR TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Broadway and Wolfe Street BuildingJanuary 23, 2019
Floor Technician - Stripped and waxed floors; operated buffer machine; cleaned and scrubbed carpet. The workplace culture was friendly and productive.
Johns Hopkins
Histology Technician (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJanuary 17, 2019
Hopkins was one of my first professional jobs. I loved the amount of knowledge I gained in working here. The workload is very large, and the hours can be very long.
Terrible place to work
Registrar/Floater (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJanuary 14, 2019
I've learned never to work at John's Hopkins ever, the salary is terrible. Management watches you like a hawk. I enjoyed working with the patients everyday.
Pros
Cons
lots
Great institution
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJanuary 12, 2019
Everyone has heard of Johns Hopkins. This institution has a great reputation and it deserves it. The job I was in was low pay but offered many great opportunities.
Pros
Networking, Institutional reputation
Johns Hopkins Hospital
Investigational Drug Service Pharmacist (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJanuary 12, 2019
Great place to work with incredible professionals and doctors at the top of their fields. I look forward to coming to work every day. Every interaction with patients and staff is meaningful and adds to my job satisfaction.
Nice place to work
Pharmacy medicine aid (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJanuary 8, 2019
A tipical day at work is very busy, fast-paced, multitasking. Good and collaborative environment with my colleagues and staff members. I learned a lot of things while being employed there.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Johns Hopkins Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP5%
In the Top 5% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Johns Hopkins Hospital.

Powered by Comparably