Johns Hopkins Hospital Employee Reviews

Found 1,287 reviews matching the search See all 1,297 reviews
Featured review
Johns Hopkins Hospital selected this as a representative review
Wonderful workplace with inclusive, supportive, community feel
Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJune 7, 2018
The Johns Hopkins Hospital is a magnificent institution. The nurses, doctors, nurse practitioners, physicians assistants, and technicians work well together to provide optimal care for patients. Despite the size of the hospital, the Hopkins community seems close-knit and supportive of one another. It has truly been a pleasure to have worked at Johns Hopkins for the past four years. I highly recommend working at Hopkins, especially if you intend to continue furthering your education. Hopkins provides many opportunities for career advancement.
Cons
Expensive parking
Lacks Diversity and Quality Management
Nurse Clinician IM/Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDOctober 15, 2018
Johns Hopkins is located where the population is culturally diverse. However, the staff lacks cultural diversity and sensitivity to the population it services. The nursing staff and management is predominantly caucasian women who do not seem to know about or respect other cultures. Then nurse to patient ratio is high. The nurses don't have advocates (no union) and when nurses advocate for themselves they are bullied by upper management and other floor nurses seeking upward mobility and see this toxic culture of bullying as their only way to advance within the Hopkins system.
Pros
Pension aft 5 years
Cons
Toxic work environment, No advocacy for nurses, Bullying among staff
Exceptional hospital
Director of Nursing (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDOctober 15, 2018
The facility is patient focused and uses a team based collaboration approach to patient care. In my opinion, the nurses and clinical staff of Johns Hopkins hospital are second to none. The staff here are a large family dedicated to team work, collaboration, respect and well-being.
Pros
collaboration
work
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDOctober 12, 2018
poor managemant unprofessional low wages, low pay, very chaotic, unorganized, no employee insenatives. security sucks, the nurses are rude as well as the doctors. things will never change
Pros
good benefits
Cons
poor management low pay
I love my job
Second surgical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 5, 2018
Just looking for something different and meaningful in other ways, In a hospital setting advancement is not possible with out having to go back to school. Not many people have the time for that .
Pros
Discount lunch
Cons
No advancement with out more diplomas
Excellent employer
Patient Billing Representative (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDOctober 2, 2018
I worked for the Health System for 17 years as a billing representative. I enjoyed being a long-term employee and team member. I especially enjoyed the assistance I got with my college education as an employee there.
Pros
Excellent employer
Cons
Would have liked a greater opportunity for career advancement
Very Diversified
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDOctober 2, 2018
JHH is a very diverse place to work. I feel safe with security walking around the hospital. Just about everybody you walk pass greats you with a smile and either a good Morning or good afternoon. My managers and coworkers are awesome to work with. It makes you feel like your working with your family.
Pros
Parking is not good very costly
Cons
Salary is ok
Great physicians, ok place to work
Sr Medical Office Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDSeptember 30, 2018
This place like every other job has its ups and downs. I loved working with patients from all over the place. The management here is not good. The pay is not as equal to other top medical facilities in the area. The name Johns Hopkins is heard and many feel it is the best. To me personally, it is over rated. There are plenty of other health care facilities around that are just as good, if not better in some areas.
Great learning environment
CT Technologist (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDSeptember 29, 2018
I still attend yearly conferences at Johns Hopkins Hospital hot topics and always find it educational.
Unfortunately the hospital does not pay enough .
Pros
Learning abilities
Cons
Pay
It's a great place to work
Financial Clearance Specialist (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLSeptember 29, 2018
JHACH offers a great work environment and advancement opportunities. I would highly recommend this company.
Working here has taught me to take pride in my work and achieve bigger goals
workplace culture
Patient Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDSeptember 28, 2018
The hospital has a very good diverse culture in the oncology department. I enjoyed working with all of my co-workers and my supervisors. The work hours was the ideal hours for me.
Pros
schedule
Cons
no free parking
work gets pretty hectic.
food service worker (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDSeptember 26, 2018
the job is ok. we have a lot of shortages and the management can be better. its fairly easy but sometimes the people make it a lot harder than what it needs to be.
Productive and enjoy work
post cardiac surgery nurse (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDSeptember 25, 2018
A typical day starts with report from the outgoing nurse about what happened during the night or during the day and the nurse makes a plan for the day. I have learned about team work as one of the important factors for an effective outcome. I enjoy working with my manager as she gives support and supplies to do our job. Johns Hopkins has a good work place culture of feeling valued. Hardest part of what I do is when we can not save a patient.Most enjoyably is when you save a life.
Overall , Good
Lab technician II (Current Employee) –  600 North Wolfe StreetSeptember 24, 2018
I have learned a lot and accomplished a lot of my career goals . I get to me all types of people enjoying the diversity, I purchased my 1st home also.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Poor Managment
Johns Hopkins
Patient Access Specialist (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDSeptember 23, 2018
Really wonderful place to work because of the staff. Forget the corporate deal of any place to work it is all about the people! Made great relationships with people inside and outside who came to visit Hopkins.
Job security
ICU Attending (Current Employee) –  Bethesda, MDSeptember 22, 2018
Working for a large health system has benefits, including job security. However, it is very bureaucratic and difficult to advance secondary to the aforementioned.
Job
Supply Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Homewood, MDSeptember 22, 2018
I'm very busy at work everyday is a challenge. Everyday we have changes & we must adjust our work zones. working in different climates on the loading dock can be the hardest part. Management is pretty fair on certain situations but i think it could be more better
Pros
lunches, flexiable
Cons
hot & cold climate
Loved it
Floater for Radiology Department (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDSeptember 18, 2018
Great place to , learned lots of important skills like training and different software.work life was amazing and management was fantastic. overall fun place to work.
Pros
insurance
Wonderful place of business
Radiology Department/ Administrative Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDSeptember 18, 2018
Johns Hopkins hospital is a wonderful place to work professional and motivating. They also have a lot of good benefits and opportunities. It all depends on what department and work you do
Clinical Technician
CMA/Clinical Technician (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDSeptember 17, 2018
Overall the job was awesome, the co workers were team players and we all had each others' back. The patients were demanding yet understanding due to the circumstances.
Pros
Knowing that you might no have the cure but you're making the best of what they are going through.
Cons
Seeing patients not come back for future treatments.
Professional Organization
TRAVEL NURSE (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDSeptember 17, 2018
John Hopkins was a professional organization that treated its employees with respect and willingness to allow them to excel at their on pace. schedules were fair and time off request were offered honor per the request of the staff
Pros
professional organzation

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Johns Hopkins Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Diversity score

76out of 100

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Johns Hopkins Hospital.

Powered by Comparably