Johns Hopkins Hospital Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Found 1,247 reviews matching the search See all 1,256 reviews
Featured review
Johns Hopkins Hospital selected this as a representative review
Wonderful workplace with inclusive, supportive, community feel
Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJune 7, 2018
The Johns Hopkins Hospital is a magnificent institution. The nurses, doctors, nurse practitioners, physicians assistants, and technicians work well together to provide optimal care for patients. Despite the size of the hospital, the Hopkins community seems close-knit and supportive of one another. It has truly been a pleasure to have worked at Johns Hopkins for the past four years. I highly recommend working at Hopkins, especially if you intend to continue furthering your education. Hopkins provides many opportunities for career advancement.
Cons
Expensive parking
Great place to learn
Medical Laboratory Scientist/ Microbiology (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 18, 2018
great place to learn! you will have the opportunity to work with the brightest mind in the field. There are plenty of opportunities to attend regional and international conferences. work load and competition can be stressful. Baltimore is not the safest place to work either.
Mediocre care for its worldrenown reputation
PICU RN (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 18, 2018
I wouldn't take my children there. I would take them to UMBC down the street. They used paper charting while I worked there and I was responsible for stuffing the charts overnight it was a secretary job that they paid an RN to do I felt my skills were not utilize properly it was a boring job the number of doctors that were used per patient was ridiculous they were all students I realize but they had no clue what they were doing and put the patients lives in danger I would never take my children to that hospital
Pros
Free higher education for loyalty
Cons
Mediocre care
has some good benefits
Clinical Documentation Clerk (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 17, 2018
Although this company is a known for its specialities, it lacks in other areas.Some areas has some of the lowest salaries, the work morale is extrememely low, Instead of positive feedback, there is often negative ones. There is no room for advancement, not the best working computers. Some of the benefits are good, but are diminshing in some in some areas. I wouldn't mind continuing to work for the company, just in another area. But I am hoping to find another facility that can find my skills more valuable and appreciated.
Pros
some of the benefits are good, but have diminshed somewhat
Cons
salaries do not compensate with experience
Wonderful experience
Patient Escort (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 16, 2018
They we’re great people and did the best they could to work with me through my complications, The benefits were extremely good, whatever you needed help with they offered you some type of services and great pay
Loved my time at JHH
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MD 21287August 15, 2018
Had I not relocated to Texas, I would have spent my career at JHH. I loved the people I worked with, most of the management, and the variety of patients I got to work with. JHH is a world renowned hospital and people came from all over to experience the excellent care we provided. Great benefits too!
Loved it
CPR Office Administrative Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 14, 2018
I loved working at Hopkins, but I was stuck where I was at and without transitioning into something clinical it pretty much seemed like I wasn't going to advance.
Not for me
Patient Service Coordinator II (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 10, 2018
I loved the department I was in the company as a whole just wanted to push people out. No job security, no reliability, no teamwork, it felt so uncomfortable even as a new hire. When you are in training you feel so excited when you begin work there it is just don't get lost in the shuffle. I can handle a fast paced environment, the people just make it bad.
Pros
Reputation, great benefits
Cons
Not enough pay, not team oriented
Johns hopkins hospital is an ok start
Patient Transporter (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 9, 2018
Johns hopkins hospital is a good place to work if you want to get into healthcare but it's not very worker friendly.
What I mean by that they are very fast to give out occurrences for things beyond your control, such as when I had my car accident or when I had a family emergency I was given occurrences
They want you to be superman if you can walk and talk they don't care you can be throwing up or have a serious condition you better be at work
And also with the nurses, the majority of nurses are very good but there are some nurses and other healthcare professionals who truly do not care about the patient
Pros
Tuition reimbursement, training
Cons
Not very people friendly
Name speaks for itself
Patient Financial Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 7, 2018
Johns Hopkins Health System is a great organization to work for as it offers great benefits for their employees. Benefits are a great benefit to the employees
fun place until you get older
Group Leader (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 4, 2018
I just wanted to do something different the company was great but once you get to a lead title it isn't room to move anywhere else you are just stuck.
Nutrition Assistant (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 3, 2018
I've been with Johns Hopkins Hospital the past 3 years . I enjoy the atmosphere . The vibe is always positive . opportunity for growth and promotion.
overall
Registrar (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 2, 2018
Hopkins was a good place for me to get a glimpse into the health care arena and all the different career paths that it offers. They have a lot of great incentive programs that you have to do your research on to found about though, because they aren't really advertised by management.
The most enjoyable part of the job
Support Associate (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 1, 2018
Was to see children go home with their families. My co-workers were the best at what they did. The nurses were excellent in every shape and form. They had to witness a lot and they went above and beyond the call of duty. Thanks to ALL the Nurses everywhere! Thanks for all that you do, from the bottom of my heart you are the BEST!
Pros
Everyone worked together as a team. Everyone's job was important.
Cons
My schedule working from 2pm to 10:30pm. I wanted mornings
Productive at times
Food Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 1, 2018
I work independently each day is a different position.

as far a management dislike it.

I don't remember any enjoyable times.

I learned how to prep food.
Pros
30 minutes lunch break
Cons
short breaks, life insurance.
Everyone is so close
Intern (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 1, 2018
everyone here was to nice and welcoming and they would take the time to get to know you. everyone here was very willing to help you no matter how buy they was themselves.
Johns Hopkins
Unit Associate/Emergency Associate (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 31, 2018
A productive place to work with amazing benefits. It is a high stress environment however they provide counseling services for traumatic events. Management can be difficult to work with at times and often hard to advance. The hardest part about the job is seeing people in critical medical conditions.
Pros
benefits, own credit union, discounts
Cons
below average pay rates
fun work place meets lots of new people
Support Associate (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 30, 2018
most days are real easy.
i learned the medical terms
management is cool down to earth people
the hard part is try to find something to do
most enjoyable part is sitting and talk to the patients.
Good start
Patient Service Coordinator III (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 30, 2018
Internship (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 29, 2018
One reason is for the great balance between academics and fun. Really. People in John Hopkins really do value academics yet they still know when to hang out and have a good time. Another reason is for the awesome research opportunities--Johns Hopkins offers so many opportunities it is crazy amazing.
Pros
No have to pay for it
Cons
No 15 min breaks
Good place to work depending on which department you're in
Mail Clerk (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 28, 2018
I enjoyed my time at Hopkins because of some of the people I worked with. There are a few things I would change if I had the chance to, starting with salary. Even though benefits are good, that isn't enough when it comes to day-to-day living. Hopkins offers some of the lowest pay rate to the support staff compared to other businesses with the same positions.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Johns Hopkins Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

76out of 100

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Johns Hopkins Hospital.

Powered by Comparably