Johns Hopkins Hospital Employee Reviews

Found 1,314 reviews matching the search See all 1,324 reviews
Featured review
Johns Hopkins Hospital selected this as a representative review
Wonderful workplace with inclusive, supportive, community feel
Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJune 7, 2018
The Johns Hopkins Hospital is a magnificent institution. The nurses, doctors, nurse practitioners, physicians assistants, and technicians work well together to provide optimal care for patients. Despite the size of the hospital, the Hopkins community seems close-knit and supportive of one another. It has truly been a pleasure to have worked at Johns Hopkins for the past four years. I highly recommend working at Hopkins, especially if you intend to continue furthering your education. Hopkins provides many opportunities for career advancement.
Cons
Expensive parking
Johns Hopkins Healthcare Culture is out of control
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Glen Burnie, MDDecember 9, 2018
I thought the name Johns Hopkins meant a great workplace, but I was wrong. I worked only a short period of time at Johns Hopkins Healthcare because the culture was so bad. People had unacceptable behavior and when I went to HR they knew the problem existed. After coming from major corporations, I found this environment unacceptable to work in.
a good place to work
Addictions Therapist & Licensed Psychotherapist (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDDecember 4, 2018
The company was a wholesome place to work for. I was eager to get to work everyday. The supervisor and the manager made it easy to complete task and assignments in a timely fashion.
Pros
a pleasant work environment
Cons
sometimes the consumers were a little too demanding
Productive days
Cook (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDNovember 27, 2018
Typical day at Hopkins was the same routine. Set each stations the same, same menu different day. Hopkins taught me a lot about being a line cook, to setting up keeping area clean, to prepping on correct cutting board, from learning the pan sizes, to plating good plates. Management was very helpful on teaching what we may heave not known. The workplace is friendly an helpful.
Pros
Retirement plan and discounts
Cons
No free meals
Associate Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDNovember 23, 2018
All staff at John Hopkins were so supportive. Everyone was on the communication level. Made sure that everyone’s shift was covered, but someone had an emergency that their shift was covered by someone that was available at that time.
Pros
Free lunch, Using their gym equipment
Productive work place
LAN Administrator (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDNovember 20, 2018
Customer service is a large part of the day. The environment will grow you. There was enough IT information to consume that would keep you busy with learning
Provides opportunity to learn and advance
Quality Assurance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDNovember 19, 2018
Job allowed for personal development of skills and continuous learning opportunities. Felt very valued as an employee and as a part of the management team. Excellent leadership that was always open to hearing opinions and ideas for continuous improvement in systems throughout the workplace environment. Allowed for strong interaction with all levels of personal and ability to advance skills of all employees in quality assurance and regulatory compliance.
Pros
Excellent benefits. Leadership always open to hearing from employees.
Cons
Long, long hours.
Very busy
Specimen Accessioning Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDNovember 19, 2018
A typical day at work is accessioning specimens, registering patients in the EPIC system, answering phones and assisting the Attendants and Resident. Working in a very busy environment, I have learn how to manage my time and to work as a team player. The hardest part of my jobs is wanting to do more than what required. The most enjoyable part of my job is being able to get along with my coworker and embracing our deference cultures.
Pros
shift adjustment when needed.
Cons
N/a
Full time staff (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDNovember 16, 2018
Friendly staff
More future opportunities
Training
Good pay
I really enjoy working there l like the fast pace and the patients interaction
Patient Service Coordinator II (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MD 21287November 15, 2018
We serviced between 25 to 45 patients a day. We print charts for up coming appts. Management was fair and interact with was on a regular basic. The experiences was great had the opportunity to attend classes which help me with the daily actives of the day. Working with someone whos not able to deal with hard patients in a professional manner. We were education on the new Epic. You have the opportunity to meet a lot of new patients. After a while a friendship are made. I really enjoyed my position here at Hopkins.
Pros
We had a hour for lunch. not discount.
Cons
Working with unprofessional people
Love johns hoplkins
Environmental Services Associate (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDNovember 14, 2018
Ive learned alot at job johns hopkins.My day at job hopkins is very busy everyday my manager is very intelligent to work with the most part I love to work with the patient and interact with them

Want to know more about Johns Hopkins Hospital?

Ask a question
They really need a union.
Nurse Manager, Johns Hopkins Hospital (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDNovember 13, 2018
No work-life balance! Just 55-60 hours of week each week. Waaaay too many meetings (at the management level) to allow time to do the job as it should be done.
Pros
Lots of places to eat.
Cons
Expensive parking - $120/month!
Productive place
Patient Transport Internship (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDNovember 12, 2018
Fredly place love the fun and pretty warm welcome help you with finding we’re the place you need to be the food is a banger and the people who mad it did there thing
Pros
Free give away
Cons
Health care
Was an exciting place to work
LPN Floor Nurse (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDNovember 12, 2018
A typical work day wold start with counting controlled drugs and reconciling the figures with the previous shift. The nurse supervisor would assign the floor nurses with various assignments for the day and would all report /go to our respective posts. we would get the patients report or communication sheet from the previous shift and would start taking care of the patients per protocol. Nurses would take breaks in turns to ensure smooth and uninterrupted care for our patients .
Productive and fun
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDNovember 11, 2018
Work was always great. Fun and energetic. Fast pace You meet great people while at work . There are a lot of diversity and respect given on a daily bases and there are always extra shifts to work ..
Pros
Lots of over time
Cons
Short Breaks
Decent place to work
Pharmacist Extender (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDNovember 10, 2018
Johns Hopkins is a decent place to work. I have been with them for almost four years now. The benefits are great. My biggest problem is parking and PTO/sick leave. I accumulate 5.8 hours every pay of PTO/sick leavs. It bothers me that they are not separate.so if you have any vacations you really have to plan accordingly and hope you don’t have any emergencies if you do. It is a hospital so some rules and regulations are expected but not all fair. I am single with no children so I feel like I don’t necessarily get the full benefits for those with kids and/or married which is fine because I don’t think I need them all. Health insurance is good for one person.
Pros
Live CE credits
Cons
PTO/sick leave, parking
fun place to work
Housekeeping Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDNovember 9, 2018
great staff great patients come into work on a daily basis with smile on my face management is great the pay is good iam just looking for a different change ion enviorment
friendly place to work
Phlebotomist II/Lab Technician (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDNovember 7, 2018
I've been working here for 7years, I've learned a lot and love to hear people say I'm the fastest phlebotomist on our team. everyone is friendly and very helpful, the hardest part about my job now is leaving my daughter and coming in here at night. I enjoy working here and enjoy getting to see and meet different patients and hear the positive things they have to say about my work
Pros
alot of down time
Cons
call outs make us short
Easy work and quiet work environment
Floor Technician (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDNovember 7, 2018
Fun place to work needs more on hands supervisors to make work go smoothly but have great advancements if able to inquire them employees are ok and are fun if you need them to be.
Pros
Quiet able to work alone
Cons
No recognition for what you do
Productive work place
Environmental Care (Current Employee) –  United StatesNovember 7, 2018
Typical Day is okay...I learned that over the years in my department have gotten real difficult. It’s no structure in the department daily it’s always something new with No tools or insight to put certain in place.
Pros
I have a job
Cons
No Structure in the department
Love my career at Johns Hopkins All Childrens Hospital
RN Vascular Access Team (Current Employee) –  St Petersburg FloridaNovember 5, 2018
We relocated to Florida 8 years ago and I have been at Johns Hopkins All Childrens Hospital since we moved here. I have loved my time in the NICU and on IV Team. It is very rewarding to help children regain their health or have a peaceful transition to death. I am very busy at my current position and have managed to squeeze in earning my BSN to continue my journey in nursing. I have over 38 years of hospital experience and would like to spread my wings and try an education position with the equipment and medical products that I have used over the years. I have learned time management skills and professional interactions in choosing lines for our patients based on their needs and length of treatment. We are a small team who works well together and supports our mission to provide the best care possible. I have worked nightshift for most of my career and am ready to join the"normal side" of nursing but am willing to work varied hours as needed for training.
Pros
Johns Hopkins is world renouned and education plays an important role in all our decisions we make, They provide training to all staff and updates as needed, very relaxed atmosphere to learn and practice.
Cons
The only con I can think of is the unknown of what each day can bring.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Johns Hopkins Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.9InHerSight Score

3.0Personal Development

2.9Career Opportunities

2.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight