Johns Hopkins University Employee Reviews

N/a
Academic Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  MarylandOctober 11, 2018
I am not answering this question because I do not feel as though it is necessary to answer and it makes me very uncomfortable.There should be an option to skip this section.
Good Place to learn new things
Student (Former Employee) –  OnlineOctober 10, 2018
Good Place to learn new things with good faculties making the basis very accurate and with practical example.
The most enjoyable part of the job is collaboration
nice place to work for
Senior Medical Office Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDOctober 7, 2018
Hopkins have to many entitled people. It dose not matter how long you been working for them. If the entitled people do not get their way with you and management is on there side, you know who have to go.
Excellent experience
Patient Billing Representative (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDOctober 2, 2018
I thoroughly enjoyed my time as a Hopkins employee, from the educational opportunities to the team experiences I learned a lot as an associate. I would work here again.
Pros
Excellent employee training
Cons
I wish I could have had a greater opportunity for career advancement
Great Experience
Exe. Admin, Assistant to the Program Director (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDSeptember 25, 2018
A fantastic place to work with great benefits. Open to all and enjoyable atmosphere. Located in a great part of Baltimore where visiting Fells point was s lunchtime experience.
Pros
Fantastic boss, great office staff, paid college for children of employees
former employee
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDSeptember 24, 2018
This is not a review. This is only my opinion based on 18 years of employment experience. My experiences at Johns Hopkins University in the 1970's, was very pleasant. I liked my job in the 1970's. Some people have good experiences and some people don't. It does not reflect the entire University.
goof place to work for
Clinical Research Fellow (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDSeptember 24, 2018
There is definitely job security but the pay is not great. Also the promotion in this company is difficult and hard. There are many opportunities within this company to advance your career.
Pros
many opportunities
Cons
very bad pay and promotion is limited
Incredible people doing incredible things
LAN Administrator II (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDSeptember 20, 2018
Working for John's Hopkins means you work for an Enterprise. You aren't singled out and you are micromanaged within your team. You get amazing benefits but should keep your head down and work within your team. Lots of internal politics to deal with but the pay is great and the benefits are even better.
Terrible experience at hopkins
Grad Student (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDSeptember 16, 2018
Bad work life balance. The university treats graduate students badly. Professors abused their power over PHD students. Awful place to be in. The administration doesn't care or make effort to improve the situation
Great place to work at. Very diverse.
Ambulatory Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDSeptember 14, 2018
John Hopkins University, strive to be a successful cultural competent institution. The management guides diversity training to accommodate their employees, while ensuring an inclusive workplace. Also, management understands to cater to the cultural variations of their community, in which their employees are based. Therefore, employees feel they belong, can trust the organization, and have mutual respect with management. These are all essential qualities in becoming a culturally competent organization. Johns Hopkins University serves a diverse, multicultural community and committed in providing a safe, cost efficient, quality, patient and family centered care, with the goal of improving the health of the community that they serve. In addition, the organization integrate a diversity of thought and perspective. Johns Hopkins University believes that by recruiting and retaining a diverse community and creating a climate of respect, innovation is encouraged and our ability to fulfill the institution’s core mission is greatly enhanced.
science lab
Science Program (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDSeptember 10, 2018
i worked in the lab testing blood sample for plasma at jhons hopkins for a summer internship i did data entry &customer service labling , transfers at the hospital
can be productive
Patient Service Coordinator III (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDSeptember 8, 2018
johns Hopkins overall NEED to do better with Hippa violations
also need better pay for employees
working to hopkins can teach you a lot about life and prepare you for whats to come you also can learn how to be excellent with customer servicc
Great place to work, with great opportunities
Patient Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDSeptember 7, 2018
Johns Hopkins is a great place to further your career. Its a lot of departments and positions that you can move up to. I started as a Security Officer and worked my up to a Patient Service Coordinator.
SENIOR SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATOR (Former Employee) –  Laurel, MDSeptember 7, 2018
Very supportive environment. Prevailing work ethic is strong. Do need to go into management to get ahead. Pay is on a progessive level, excellence is rewarded.
Pros
Flexible scheudling
Great place to be a graduate student
PhD Candidate (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDSeptember 3, 2018
I had a great experience while receiving my PhD. Everyone is incredibly smart, helpful, and collaborative. I'm sure certain labs are more cut throat than others, however my experience was nothing but positive.
Good workplace
Library Assistant (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 30, 2018
Management and workplace culture were great. Benefits were good. A typical day involved cataloguing books by myself at a desk. The most enjoyable part was when I had the opportunity to work with colleagues. The hardest part was staying motivated when the highest level of management seemed to make random or inefficient decisions.
Good place to work, but not great
Senior Research Specialist (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 30, 2018
Perfectly happy working here, but there is an exchange of pay and benefits for the cache of working for Hopkins. This job has been a really good resume builder, I've learned a lot, but there isn't much room for advancement in my particular department.
Pros
Excellent resume builder
Cons
pay/benefits
A very exciting and diverse place to work that is recognized all over the world
Budget Analyst II (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 30, 2018
Johns Hopkins is known all over the world as one of the best for medicine and research. One can witness this first hand as an employee of Johns Hopkins as you associate with the faculty and staff that make this institution what it is.
A lot depends on the Department you work in
Medical Office Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 29, 2018
I work in a call center and I also coordinate for the 9 Resident doctors in the office. I learned to work as a team and polished my ability to switch from task to task effectively and efficiently.
Workplace culture
Program Administrator (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 28, 2018
While the work itself is rewarding and most people have a personal investment in helping patients, the company as a whole did not go out of their way to keep good employees or compensate them for the skills and job performed.