Johnson & Hill Staffing Employee Reviews

The typical grind
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Northampton, MAJune 5, 2018
Johnson and Hill's doesn't hire you. They mostly offer positions through other business as temp-to-hire. There is little accountability between where you are sent and Johnson and Hill, so your best hope is that you get hired within a 6 month period. My position (unknown to me at the time of hiring, was told I would be customer service) consisted of harassing old people and the sick for their car loan money for 8 hours a day, which was pretty degrading work. The office was chaotic and poorly managed, with new temp-to-hires coming in every few months to replace those who didn't get hired within 6 months. Extremely cut-throat culture and the work is borderline unlawful, as you end up calling people at 9 AM-7 PM. But hey, they pay $16 an hour starting.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Delusional Bosses
100% Recommend Johnson & Hill
Event Assistant (Current Employee) –  Northampton, MAMarch 2, 2018
Johnson & Hill is a great temp agency, they placed me within two weeks at a company I really like, they touched base with me after I had been at the company for a week or two to ensure I was fitting in/didn't have any issues.
Pros
Quick, Efficient, Polite
State temp assignment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  MassachusettsJanuary 5, 2018
Excellent staffing company. The best in the Massachusetts and Connecticut area! If
You are looking for employment and have transferable skills they will help you find work.
Pros
9-5 weekends off
Not organized
Temp to Hire (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MADecember 8, 2017
If you have a specific trade you can get a job fairly quickly but this company does not work well for employees who are entry level of careers. and don't always return phone calls
Official response from Johnson & Hill Staffing
December 20, 2017

We appreciate and value your honest feedback and are truly sorry your Johnson & Hill experience was not what you had hoped it would be. We strive for success with each and every candidate we meet, but every candidate is different. Some get lucky and the right match comes in immediately, so they receive a call from us right away. For others, it can take longer. Not knowing what we're going to receive from our clients means that we truly can't say for sure how long it takes for anyone to find placement through us. Despite the fact that we were not able to find placement for you this time around, we hope you will keep us in mind in the future as your career develops further.
Johnson & Hill Staffing

Accounts Payable
Accounts Payable (Former Employee) –  West Springfield, MANovember 27, 2017
Worked for two separate companies for Johnson & Hill do the same type of job receiving invoices sending them to the correct department heads for signatures then inputting them into the system and making a weekly check run to make payments weekly
n/a
Mass Mutual PBO Benefit Analyst (Current Employee) –  West Springfield, MAOctober 9, 2017
The staffing agency has been great so far. I've enjoyed working for them. They're very friendly and professional. Anytime I've reached out to them, they've always responded immediately.
Staffing Agency
Accountant, Finance (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTOctober 27, 2016
Johnson & hill has been very responsive to any questions or concerns I have had while on assignment as an accountant at the hartford public library. I have gained valuable experience in non-profit accounting, as well as quickbooks and munis knowledge. As the accountant, I am responsible for financial reporting, journal preparation and entry, accounts payable and recievable, adhoc reporting and numerous other activities.
Great help with acquiring a job
Accounting Assistant (Former Employee) –  Amherst, MAMarch 28, 2016
The entire staff was helpful and tended to every question I had. They were professional and friendly and took my best interests to heart. I would highly recommend this team for your job needs.
Great place to further my experiences
Customer Service/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  West Springfield, MAOctober 23, 2015
I have gained alot working for Johnson&Hill Staffing, It has giving me many opportunities to work for State jobs,I have learned so much working here for this passed years.
Pros
I can have the opportunity to work for the State, with great benefits for me and my family
Cons
The benefits loss out alot, health insurance, holiday pays, vacations etc...
I am very much enjoying my work for Johnson & Hill
Executive Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  West Springfield, MAAugust 18, 2015
I work in a very busy environment for three nursing directors. The poition is very busy and diverse. Everyone that I have met is very helpful and engaging.
Professional and caring staff
Temp (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MAJuly 16, 2015
Johnson and Hill staffing service is one of the best in this area! I was acknowledged right away when I first arrived and they were very patient and helpful while assisting me with clerical exams. The assignment they directed me to ended up with my being hired full time ! I will always recommend J&H to others seeking temp to hire employment!
Great staffing agency
Front line representative (Current Employee) –  Amherst, MAMarch 3, 2015
Great agency, awesome staff, wonderful management. I have only worked for them a short time, however they have made my work experience flourish. I have worked in 2 different positions that I never though I would work in because it was through a temp agency. For the first assignment, I was put with a great group of people who worked well together.
Temp agency
Office Support (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MAJuly 2, 2014
The agency was organized and professional. They had only 1 temp job for me then it was months before another came along after caling every week.
Good starting job
Customer Accounts Representative (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MAAugust 19, 2013
Great first job out of school, worked at my assignment 8-5, pleasant coworkers, my contact at J & H was very helpful, the work was rewarding. Definitely a great place to work
Great People
Operational Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MaFebruary 13, 2012
This was my second time working through a staffing agency. I have to admit these are wonderful people they have working for them. They strived to the best of their ability to help me maintain a position with companies. I have worked two temporary positions through this agency and it was well worth it. The only reason I am no longer working with them is because I moved further away.