Johnson & Hill Staffing Employee Reviews

No opportunity for advancement after 2+ years
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Holyoke, MANovember 14, 2018
I will give credit where credit is due and say that the staff at J&H were friendly enough and found me an assignment right away. That being said, I was placed in an unethical company while feeling like Johnson and Hill's main concern was catering to this large finance corporation instead of finding me a permanent job that fit my skill set and experience. I was told that hiring would take place "after 6 months or up to a year". After 11 months I asked what the status was of my being hired and after almost a year at my assignment was told that I would not be eligible for hiring unless I agreed I transfer to a different department (WHAT?) and was asked how I felt about that. I was not happy but agreed to transfer based on the fact that I had been there almost a year and was told that there were opportunities for me. Another year goes by. No hiring. No transfer. I asked J&H if I would need to go back to school and they said a bachelor's degree was needed (they knew when they assigned me that I had only completed 2.5 years of college). In this time I start taking classes again, am asked to train new temps regularly, consistently volunteer for Saturdays and other overtime, have great attendance, actively participate in meetings and am given two of the largest accounts in the country to manage. I guess that wasn't good enough since I was interviewed (a female manager actually laughed at me during my interview) and wasn't hired because I was "too reserved" and my manager supposedly didn't have proof that I could do my job since the phone lines weren't recorded. J&H then told me that  more... they would need to make sure I could really "prove myself" in the department I agreed to be transferred to 11 months in before I could get another interview. My manager at my assignment told me I would be in the department around 1-3 months but J&H said it may be much longer. I was then told that I would need to work nights which conflicted with the night classes I was taking to complete the degree J&H told me I needed. In the end there were no opportunities for me...after over two years of being strung along and used as cheap labor for a multi-million dollar company. Good enough to train others, good enough to handle huge accounts, but not good enough to be one of the team was the message I got. Based on my experience I would not recommend J&H to anyone looking for more than a short term job.  less
Pros
Free lunches, decent pay.
Cons
No vacation time, inconsistent hours, no permanent opportunities.
December 26, 2018

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We're happy to hear that much of your interaction with Johnson & Hill was positive. However, we're so sorry to hear that the overall experience fell far short of your hopes and expectations. We work with hundreds of organizations in western MA and northern CT. Feedback like this helps us to constantly evaluate our partnerships to ensure we're offering positive workplace experiences. And internally, this sort of feedback also helps us to look at our own operations to ensure we're offering a quality service to our associates. In the meantime, we hope you have found the right job for you and wish you the best moving forward.

Temp Agency
Representative (Former Employee) –  Sprinfield, MANovember 5, 2018
They will help with good placement for any job you desire. It was much easier than finding something on your own. Good networking and pre-screening for a good position placement.
December 26, 2018

Thank you for your feedback! We're happy to hear that you had a positive experience with Johnson & Hill and welcome you to contact us again in the future should you need us again.

Good experience.
Administrative Assistant (HCC, THRIVE Program) (Former Employee) –  Holyoke, MASeptember 12, 2018
Comfortable at interview, good job opportunities. Communication should improve. With this job experience, I learned how to be more organized and better communication skills.
Pros
Good job opportunity
Cons
Communication
December 26, 2018

Thank you for your review and for your thoughts. We're happy to hear that much of your experience with Johnson & Hill went well and that we were able to help with your career. If you would like to share more in detail, we would very much like to hear more of your thoughts regarding the communication issue. For many reasons, communication is so important and we always want to make sure we're exceeding the expectations of our associates. In the meantime, thank you again and we hope all is well!

The typical grind
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Northampton, MAJune 5, 2018
Johnson and Hill's doesn't hire you. They mostly offer positions through other business as temp-to-hire. There is little accountability between where you are sent and Johnson and Hill, so your best hope is that you get hired within a 6 month period. My position (unknown to me at the time of hiring, was told I would be customer service) consisted of harassing old people and the sick for their car loan money for 8 hours a day, which was pretty degrading work. The office was chaotic and poorly managed, with new temp-to-hires coming in every few months to replace those who didn't get hired within 6 months. Extremely cut-throat culture and the work is borderline unlawful, as you end up calling people at 9 AM-7 PM. But hey, they pay $16 an hour starting.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Delusional Bosses
December 26, 2018

We are always sad to see a situation where things seem to have not worked out. Part of what we do when working with companies and with job seekers is to help them determine which hiring options would be ideal for their unique needs. We recognize and respect that temp-to-hire is simply not the best option for everyone, regardless of how successful it can be for others. We wish you the very best in the next steps you take in your career and hope you find the situation that matches your unique set of criteria.

Excellent atmosphere, modern, businesslike, friendly
Community Relations /Placement Specialist (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MAMay 12, 2018
Johnson & Hill gave me an opportunity to use my personality, my experience in public relations, and my ability to place people in positions successfully every day. I learned to be more specialized in high end placement and become updated in employment laws as well as using my office and grammar skills daily. The atmosphere was very businesslike and friendly; very community oriented. There were challenges every day because applicants came from all walks of life. I didn't find it difficult, but being diplomatic and kind to everyone was necessary even with customers that were demanding and candidates that needed guidance. The most enjoyable part of this job was getting the phone call from a thrilled customer or a happy employee at a successful placement.
Pros
Independent thinking, great response from management
Cons
Non to speak of
100% Recommend Johnson & Hill
Event Assistant (Current Employee) –  Northampton, MAMarch 2, 2018
Johnson & Hill is a great temp agency, they placed me within two weeks at a company I really like, they touched base with me after I had been at the company for a week or two to ensure I was fitting in/didn't have any issues.
Pros
Quick, Efficient, Polite
December 26, 2018

Thank you for your review! We're so happy to hear that things went well. Please feel free to contact us should you need anything at all.

State temp assignment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  MassachusettsJanuary 5, 2018
Excellent staffing company. The best in the Massachusetts and Connecticut area! If
You are looking for employment and have transferable skills they will help you find work.
Pros
9-5 weekends off
December 26, 2018

Thank you for your review! We're so happy to hear you had a positive Johnson & Hill experience and that we were able to assist you in the next step of your career.

Not organized
Temp to Hire (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MADecember 8, 2017
If you have a specific trade you can get a job fairly quickly but this company does not work well for employees who are entry level of careers. and don't always return phone calls
December 20, 2017

We appreciate and value your honest feedback and are truly sorry your Johnson & Hill experience was not what you had hoped it would be. We strive for success with each and every candidate we meet, but every candidate is different. Some get lucky and the right match comes in immediately, so they receive a call from us right away. For others, it can take longer. Not knowing what we're going to receive from our clients means that we truly can't say for sure how long it takes for anyone to find placement through us. Despite the fact that we were not able to find placement for you this time around, we hope you will keep us in mind in the future as your career develops further.
Johnson & Hill Staffing

Accounts Payable
Accounts Payable (Former Employee) –  West Springfield, MANovember 27, 2017
Worked for two separate companies for Johnson & Hill do the same type of job receiving invoices sending them to the correct department heads for signatures then inputting them into the system and making a weekly check run to make payments weekly
December 26, 2018

Thank you for your review! We hope all is well, and please feel free to contact us should you need anything in the future.

n/a
Mass Mutual PBO Benefit Analyst (Current Employee) –  West Springfield, MAOctober 9, 2017
The staffing agency has been great so far. I've enjoyed working for them. They're very friendly and professional. Anytime I've reached out to them, they've always responded immediately.
December 26, 2018

Thank you for your review! We're very happy to hear that things are going well and that your experience has been positive. Please feel free to contact us should you need anything else at all.

Want to know more about Johnson & Hill Staffing?

Ask a question
Great Staffing agency
Early Collections Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MAJune 15, 2017
they worked really hard to get me a position right away and helped me advance within the position I had with advice on how to succeed. They worked closely with me and my concerns to make sure I was in the right job.
December 26, 2018

Thank you for your review! It's always great to hear when someone has had a positive experience working with us. We hope things are going well.

My first real employment as an adult. It was wonderful. The ceo of the company was eye opening. She welcomed me with opened arms.
Recruitment Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MAApril 5, 2017
Till this day I have yet to come across a ceo who truly cares about her employees. The education and training I received from J&H was exceptional. Everyday we strive in reaching our best in representing ourselves for a stronger future. It was a pleasure working at J&H.
Pros
Ceo Training Healthcare Flexibility Location
Staffing Agency
Accountant, Finance (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTOctober 27, 2016
Johnson & hill has been very responsive to any questions or concerns I have had while on assignment as an accountant at the hartford public library. I have gained valuable experience in non-profit accounting, as well as quickbooks and munis knowledge. As the accountant, I am responsible for financial reporting, journal preparation and entry, accounts payable and recievable, adhoc reporting and numerous other activities.
December 27, 2018

Thank you for your review! We're glad to hear that things have worked out well. If you need anything at all, please feel free to contact us.

Great help with acquiring a job
Accounting Assistant (Former Employee) –  Amherst, MAMarch 28, 2016
The entire staff was helpful and tended to every question I had. They were professional and friendly and took my best interests to heart. I would highly recommend this team for your job needs.
December 27, 2018

Excellent! We appreciate your thoughts and feedback and are so happy to hear that you had a positive experience with Johnson & Hill. Let us know if we can be of assistance at all in the future.

Great place to further my experiences
Customer Service/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  West Springfield, MAOctober 23, 2015
I have gained alot working for Johnson&Hill Staffing, It has giving me many opportunities to work for State jobs,I have learned so much working here for this passed years.
Pros
I can have the opportunity to work for the State, with great benefits for me and my family
Cons
The benefits loss out alot, health insurance, holiday pays, vacations etc...
December 27, 2018

Thank you for your review and for your thoughts. We're very happy to have helped with your career path. Regarding the benefits, we have been making changes to those and hope they are currently more in line with the expectations of our associates. Thanks again!

I am very much enjoying my work for Johnson & Hill
Executive Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  West Springfield, MAAugust 18, 2015
I work in a very busy environment for three nursing directors. The poition is very busy and diverse. Everyone that I have met is very helpful and engaging.
December 27, 2018

Thank you for your thoughts! We're excited to hear when someone has had a positive experience with Johnson & Hill. We hope all is well, and please feel free to contact us in the future should you need anything.

Professional and caring staff
Temp (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MAJuly 16, 2015
Johnson and Hill staffing service is one of the best in this area! I was acknowledged right away when I first arrived and they were very patient and helpful while assisting me with clerical exams. The assignment they directed me to ended up with my being hired full time ! I will always recommend J&H to others seeking temp to hire employment!
December 27, 2018

Thank you for your review! So happy to hear that your assignment with us worked out well. We appreciate the positive word of mouth, and certainly feel free to contact us in the future should you need us again.

Great staffing agency
Front line representative (Current Employee) –  Amherst, MAMarch 3, 2015
Great agency, awesome staff, wonderful management. I have only worked for them a short time, however they have made my work experience flourish. I have worked in 2 different positions that I never though I would work in because it was through a temp agency. For the first assignment, I was put with a great group of people who worked well together.
December 27, 2018

Excellent! Thank you for your review. We appreciate your feedback and are so happy to hear that your placements went well.

Temp agency
Office Support (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MAJuly 2, 2014
The agency was organized and professional. They had only 1 temp job for me then it was months before another came along after caling every week.
December 27, 2018

Thank you for your review! We're very happy to hear that your temp job went well and are very sorry to hear that the wait before the next role was rather long. Those regular check-ins can feel tedious when we're going through a dry spell, but it truly does make a difference. Thank you for your persistence and patience with that process. We hope all is well.

Clear communication
Staff on Assignment (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MAMarch 3, 2014
Working for a "temp" agency or staffing compay has both pros and cons. Often you can find yourself with an "in" with companies in your area and can experiance several different positions. Unfortunatly secrity and benefits are lacking.
December 27, 2018

Thank you for your review! This is certainly one of the good things when it comes to working with a staffing firm. Regarding the benefits, this is something that's challenging, and we've been working diligently to offer our associates something while on assignment. At the moment, we are now able to offer medical, dental, and sick time to our working associates. As time moves on, we plan to continue our efforts to remain competitive in that area. Thank you again and we hope all is well!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Johnson & Hill Staffing. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2