Johnson & Hill Staffing

Johnson & Hill Staffing Employee Reviews

United States28 reviews
Johnson and Hill Staffing is a quality temporary agency with great staff. The staff supports you at your placement and cares about you and your employment needs.
I highly recommend them.
Johnson & Hill Staffing is very clear about their role as your staffing agent. They are connected to many colleges and universities in the area which is very useful for someone with a lot of higher education administration experience. They offer good benefits (like health insurance, paid holiday and sick time) after you've worked with them for a certain amount of time. The pay is based on the placement but the agent I have worked with has often fought for me to receive higher pay based on my experience. I would recommend this staffing agency to anyone in the area, especially for higher education placement.
J&H view your success as their success, and they take the time to place the right people in the right job openings. They are clear and up front about all rules and pathways to success. Assessment testing allows them to have a real sense of worker strengths and weaknesses. A very kind and proactive group to work with.
Pros
Accurate pairing of employer/employee
Cons
Temp work is not as reliable as permanent placement
I will give credit where credit is due and say that the staff at J&H were friendly enough and found me an assignment right away. That being said, I was placed in an unethical company while feeling like Johnson and Hill's main concern was catering to this large finance corporation instead of finding me a permanent job that fit my skill set and experience. I was told that hiring would take place "after 6 months or up to a year". After 11 months I asked what the status was of my being hired and after almost a year at my assignment was told that I would not be eligible for hiring unless I agreed I transfer to a different department (WHAT?) and was asked how I felt about that. I was not happy but agreed to transfer based on the fact that I had been there almost a year and was told that there were opportunities for me. Another year goes by. No hiring. No transfer. I asked J&H if I would need to go back to school and they said a bachelor's degree was needed (they knew when they assigned me that I had only completed 2.5 years of college). In this time I start taking classes again, am asked to train new temps regularly, consistently volunteer for Saturdays and other overtime, have great attendance, actively participate in meetings and am given two of the largest accounts in the country to manage. I guess that wasn't good enough since I was interviewed (a female manager actually laughed at me during my interview) and wasn't hired because I was "too reserved" and my manager supposedly didn't have proof that I could do my job since the phone lines weren't recorded. J&H then told me that - more...
Pros
Free lunches, decent pay.
Cons
No vacation time, inconsistent hours, no permanent opportunities.
December 26, 2018
Thank you for sharing your feedback. We're happy to hear that much of your interaction with Johnson & Hill was positive. However, we're so sorry to hear that the overall experience fell far short of your hopes and expectations. We work with hundreds of organizations in western MA and northern CT. Feedback like this helps us to constantly evaluate our partnerships to ensure we're offering positive workplace experiences. And internally, this sort of feedback also helps us to look at our own operations to ensure we're offering a quality service to our associates. In the meantime, we hope you have found the right job for you and wish you the best moving forward.
Care to share?
Help people considering your employer. Share your experience.
They will help with good placement for any job you desire. It was much easier than finding something on your own. Good networking and pre-screening for a good position placement.
December 26, 2018
Thank you for your feedback! We're happy to hear that you had a positive experience with Johnson & Hill and welcome you to contact us again in the future should you need us again.
I really like this agency. They seem to be genuinely interested in you as a person. Not just placing you in a position and bouncing you from place to place. I would really recommend them for professionals who are really interested in being employed.
Don't waste their time.
Pros
Great communication, Quick placement, Fair pay, Flexible and understanding.
December 26, 2018
Thank you for your review. We always love to hear when an associate has had a positive experience with our services. We hope all is going well and certainly be in touch should you need anything at all.
Comfortable at interview, good job opportunities. Communication should improve. With this job experience, I learned how to be more organized and better communication skills.
Pros
Good job opportunity
Cons
Communication
December 26, 2018
Thank you for your review and for your thoughts. We're happy to hear that much of your experience with Johnson & Hill went well and that we were able to help with your career. If you would like to share more in detail, we would very much like to hear more of your thoughts regarding the communication issue. For many reasons, communication is so important and we always want to make sure we're exceeding the expectations of our associates. In the meantime, thank you again and we hope all is well!
Johnson and Hill's doesn't hire you. They mostly offer positions through other business as temp-to-hire. There is little accountability between where you are sent and Johnson and Hill, so your best hope is that you get hired within a 6 month period. My position (unknown to me at the time of hiring, was told I would be customer service) consisted of harassing old people and the sick for their car loan money for 8 hours a day, which was pretty degrading work. The office was chaotic and poorly managed, with new temp-to-hires coming in every few months to replace those who didn't get hired within 6 months. Extremely cut-throat culture and the work is borderline unlawful, as you end up calling people at 9 AM-7 PM. But hey, they pay $16 an hour starting.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Delusional Bosses
December 26, 2018
We are always sad to see a situation where things seem to have not worked out. Part of what we do when working with companies and with job seekers is to help them determine which hiring options would be ideal for their unique needs. We recognize and respect that temp-to-hire is simply not the best option for everyone, regardless of how successful it can be for others. We wish you the very best in the next steps you take in your career and hope you find the situation that matches your unique set of criteria.
Johnson & Hill gave me an opportunity to use my personality, my experience in public relations, and my ability to place people in positions successfully every day. I learned to be more specialized in high end placement and become updated in employment laws as well as using my office and grammar skills daily. The atmosphere was very businesslike and friendly; very community oriented. There were challenges every day because applicants came from all walks of life. I didn't find it difficult, but being diplomatic and kind to everyone was necessary even with customers that were demanding and candidates that needed guidance. The most enjoyable part of this job was getting the phone call from a thrilled customer or a happy employee at a successful placement.
Pros
Independent thinking, great response from management
Cons
Non to speak of
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Johnson & Hill Staffing?
Johnson & Hill is a great temp agency, they placed me within two weeks at a company I really like, they touched base with me after I had been at the company for a week or two to ensure I was fitting in/didn't have any issues.
Pros
Quick, Efficient, Polite
December 26, 2018
Thank you for your review! We're so happy to hear that things went well. Please feel free to contact us should you need anything at all.
Excellent staffing company. The best in the Massachusetts and Connecticut area! If
You are looking for employment and have transferable skills they will help you find work.
Pros
9-5 weekends off
December 26, 2018
Thank you for your review! We're so happy to hear you had a positive Johnson & Hill experience and that we were able to assist you in the next step of your career.
If you have a specific trade you can get a job fairly quickly but this company does not work well for employees who are entry level of careers. and don't always return phone calls
December 20, 2017
We appreciate and value your honest feedback and are truly sorry your Johnson & Hill experience was not what you had hoped it would be. We strive for success with each and every candidate we meet, but every candidate is different. Some get lucky and the right match comes in immediately, so they receive a call from us right away. For others, it can take longer. Not knowing what we're going to receive from our clients means that we truly can't say for sure how long it takes for anyone to find placement through us. Despite the fact that we were not able to find placement for you this time around, we hope you will keep us in mind in the future as your career develops further.
Johnson & Hill Staffing
Worked for two separate companies for Johnson & Hill do the same type of job receiving invoices sending them to the correct department heads for signatures then inputting them into the system and making a weekly check run to make payments weekly
December 26, 2018
Thank you for your review! We hope all is well, and please feel free to contact us should you need anything in the future.
The staffing agency has been great so far. I've enjoyed working for them. They're very friendly and professional. Anytime I've reached out to them, they've always responded immediately.
December 26, 2018
Thank you for your review! We're very happy to hear that things are going well and that your experience has been positive. Please feel free to contact us should you need anything else at all.
they worked really hard to get me a position right away and helped me advance within the position I had with advice on how to succeed. They worked closely with me and my concerns to make sure I was in the right job.
December 26, 2018
Thank you for your review! It's always great to hear when someone has had a positive experience working with us. We hope things are going well.
Till this day I have yet to come across a ceo who truly cares about her employees. The education and training I received from J&H was exceptional. Everyday we strive in reaching our best in representing ourselves for a stronger future. It was a pleasure working at J&H.
Pros
Ceo Training Healthcare Flexibility Location
Johnson & hill has been very responsive to any questions or concerns I have had while on assignment as an accountant at the hartford public library. I have gained valuable experience in non-profit accounting, as well as quickbooks and munis knowledge. As the accountant, I am responsible for financial reporting, journal preparation and entry, accounts payable and recievable, adhoc reporting and numerous other activities.
December 27, 2018
Thank you for your review! We're glad to hear that things have worked out well. If you need anything at all, please feel free to contact us.
I would flip over the collection bins for folders and paper work throughout the office. Throughout the day I would collect the files and documents from the bins at the three stations in the office. After collecting everything from the bins I would sort everything into chronological order, then file them into their designated locations. I condensed files within the filing units in order to create more space. I located missing files or documents for associates when requested. I also corrected any misfiles or documents that were filed to the wrong folder. I put files that were no longer active in their designated location; storage, or archives.
Pros
Full time hours, good hours, no weekends, no holidays, multiple breaks
Cons
repetitive, limited amount of work to be done
The entire staff was helpful and tended to every question I had. They were professional and friendly and took my best interests to heart. I would highly recommend this team for your job needs.
December 27, 2018
Excellent! We appreciate your thoughts and feedback and are so happy to hear that you had a positive experience with Johnson & Hill. Let us know if we can be of assistance at all in the future.
I have gained alot working for Johnson&Hill Staffing, It has giving me many opportunities to work for State jobs,I have learned so much working here for this passed years.
Pros
I can have the opportunity to work for the State, with great benefits for me and my family
Cons
The benefits loss out alot, health insurance, holiday pays, vacations etc...
December 27, 2018
Thank you for your review and for your thoughts. We're very happy to have helped with your career path. Regarding the benefits, we have been making changes to those and hope they are currently more in line with the expectations of our associates. Thanks again!
I work in a very busy environment for three nursing directors. The poition is very busy and diverse. Everyone that I have met is very helpful and engaging.
December 27, 2018
Thank you for your thoughts! We're excited to hear when someone has had a positive experience with Johnson & Hill. We hope all is well, and please feel free to contact us in the future should you need anything.