Johnson & Johnson Employee Reviews

Found 1,858 reviews matching the search See all 3,646 reviews
Quality Lead role
Quality Assurance Lead, Noramco (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEOctober 18, 2018
Johnson and Johnson gives their employees a chance to get involved in more than day to day operations work. They live the Credo and it guides the decision making from top to bottom. They are a unique stand up company that I would go back to work for in a heart beat. There are smart with their money and technologies. This is shown in the companies stock price. As an employee you are have a lot of say in your personal professional development. Working for Johnson and Johnson is not a job but a career. I encourage all to apply and try to get in because you will get the opportunity to know what it feels like to be appreciated and valued. The culture makes you feel like a real contributor.
Pros
Compensation, Development, Benefits, & Opportunity
Cons
Divestment of business units
Great products and good benefits
ENT Consultant (Former Employee) –  new york metro and northern njNovember 7, 2018
I was hired by a smaller medical device company that J&J then purchased. The environment was better prior to the acquisition. I was promoting a new minimally invasive technology to ENT doctors, training them on that technology, and supporting them during the surgeries. Management at J&J I found to be disengaged. Additionally, there were many marketing programs and trainings that I felt were very beneficial to the doctors practices that J&J discontinued.
I very much enjoyed promoting the amazing technology which was able to improve the quality of many peoples lives. I developed strong and lasting physician relationships by having superior product and procedural knowledge. Thereby making myself a valuable resource to the doctors during the procedure and also helping them grow their business through marketing and patient outreach.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
big quota hikes
overall a fair paying job with great benefits.
Chemical Process Operator (Current Employee) –  Athens, GAOctober 6, 2018
Rotating 12 hour schedule. Demanding work environment with lack of technical support and poor management. One of the greater benefits of working for Janssen is the exposure and training of many new skills that are applicable to many different industries. However, this is also the companies biggest weakness. The more that you learn the more that they expect out of you with little to no recognition, compensation or reward. The job duties continue to pile on top of you and before you know it you are over worked and under paid. Management has become almost non-existent. You will be spoken to and treated like a child. If you are not in administration you will be treated like and infidel, degraded and insulted.
Pros
Benefits/pay
Cons
Poor management, rotating shift schedule, limited room for growth, unrealistic expectations of employees.
Good culture with amazing employees
Talent Acquisition Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 18, 2018
J&J was a good company to work for. They do value their employees and offer some great benefit and perks. They promote a work/life balance by offering a flexible schedule and work from home opportunities.
Pros
Opportunities to work from home, good benefits, great culture, promote from within
Cons
Management and decisions among leaders are very political, there is a lot of re-org and re-structuring which prevents job security
Productive and Fulfilling work
Quality Assurance Scientist II, RI Lead (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CASeptember 7, 2018
Enjoyed my time working with Johnson and Johnson. If not for a relocation and my want to try a new career path, I would have stayed. I recommend this employer to anyone who has a drive and want to serve patients and their communities. Work is what you make it, it can be enjoyable and fun or painstaking and hard. It's a choice. The opportunities I had working for this company cannot be counted, I made the most of it and gained invaluable experience and friendships.
Con section explanation: Corporate blame game/politics (Seems to be everywhere not just JnJ): I was able to overcome it by refusing to involve myself in finger pointing focusing more on solutions but it was sadly quite pervasive with external departments blaming each other instead of working as a team to find solutions.
Pros
Great Benefits, Decent pay (for my area it was comfortable but most other places it would of been very good), liked my manager - he was fair and respectful
Cons
Corporate blame game/politics
Different Culture
Senior Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Santa Ana, CANovember 28, 2018
Different companies have different cultures. It has been a struggle not just for me but for most to try to embrace the J & J "self-service" culture. We have lost a lot of productivity with the self-service culture at J & J. I am embarrassed for our new hires that come in. They do not get an orientation from our HR department. Their day one is literally to sit at their computer and on board themselves. It has been a difficult transition for current employees and it has been even more difficult for new employees coming on board. As a large company such as this, I would've expected more help from management and other departments such as IT, and HR but it is non-existent. In general, time is spent by employees trying to find answers and solutions to the problems and getting in touch with a human than we are being productive. We are getting less done by chasing down someone who can help us as opposed to being more productive associates for the company. Being a self-service company is not a cost savings.
Pros
Good benefits, discounts on company products
Cons
No human beings to talk to, little to no training on processes, non-existent on boarding for new hires
Good Company if you are an employee
Sr. Infrastructure Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Raritan, NJAugust 30, 2018
Contractors are treated with less respect and realistically have many less perks than full time employee. As a full time employee, you have a large number of benefits and special opportunities\promotions available to you.
Management has changed recently and is more focused on employees and providing career opportunities. I have been advised that the use of contractors continues, with limited opportunities to become a full time employee.
Pros
Good Learning Experience, staff is willing to work with you
Cons
Contractors are not really valued, difficult to become a full time employee
J&J Needs to Improve Culture
Senior Financial Analyst, Supply Chain (Current Employee) –  Somerville, NJAugust 22, 2018
Johnson & Johnson is focused too much on deliverables and deadlines, and in turn loses sight of the happiness of their employees. The work/life balance isn't good and most roles entail enough responsibilities for multiple people, but one person is expected to do it. Johnson & Johnson sites are losing focus on what truly matters. Happy employees will perform well, while tired and unsatisfied employees won't. Work/life balance needs to become a bigger priority.
Pros
Benefits (healthcare, discounts on consumer goods)
Cons
Work/life balance, work load, management
Supplier Quality Engineer (Current Employee) –  Warsaw, INOctober 16, 2018
I am a contract Supplier Quality Engineer, I had about 1 month of on line training. The management is very supportive and will help you in all areas. I am not allow to do overtime, so my weeks are very easy and I am able to get along with almost everyone. Able to work by remote when on vacation to help with the compensation. One of the most enjoyable jobs I have had within my 30 years of employment.
Pros
Excellent work environment
Cons
Do not hire contract workers to permanent
No two days are the same
TRAINING SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Lititz, PASeptember 23, 2018
I like my job as a Training Specialist because I have the opportunity to not only interact with others but to help them. I enjoy the variety and the fact that no two days are the same. I enjoy designing training programs for improving an individuals learning and enjoy the ah-ha moments when I discover something new. I enjoy what I do, but there is no opportunity for advancing my career at the site.
Benefits
Cons
Work life balance
Excellent company to work for!
SR Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Guaynabo, PRJuly 13, 2018
J&J was my best professional experience. Excellent benefits by far in comparison with similar companies. The only reason for leaving was work-life balance.
I love J&J, but have to improve work-life balance in Finance department.
The only recomendation for Managers: do not demonstrate preference for one employee among others. There are excellent employees with great abilities outside your circle. You loose great employees because of this, combined with work-life balance challenge.
Pros
Great benefits, great company, great co-workers
Cons
Work-life balance
Changing with the Times
Legal Administrative Assistant - Patents (Former Employee) –  New Brunswick, NJSeptember 28, 2018
Johnson & Johnson is a good company, addressing the times we live in today. The Company is not set up to monitor negative cultural trends. Management has a bent towards old ideas regarding what is comfortable to work with, preconceived expectations of people and management styles.
Pros
Competitive salary
Cons
Talent is not developed
enjoyed working there
Lead Manufacturing Supervisor (Former Employee) –  San Angelo, TXOctober 16, 2018
great benefits. a lot of work. great opportunity to expand knowledge. good management. the union was the only huge negative. typical work day was 12 hours. learned a huge amount of operations processes from incoming receiving, QA, front-end manufacturing, blanking and cartoning, sterilization, finished goods QA, and shipping and logistics.
Great Firm
Managing Paralegal (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJanuary 4, 2019
This was a great firm to work for and I enjoyed working here. Management was supportive and allowed for input from employees. Monthly meetings were held to provide possivie and constructive feedbaack which allowed for professional growth and improvement.
Pros
Excellent Work Environment
Cons
Lack of Benefits
Great for starting your career and retiring
Manager (Current Employee) –  New Brunswick, NJOctober 10, 2018
Little challenging to navigate through in middle of career, great company with great people and benefits. Learned a lot at J&J however the workplace culture is hierarchical and sometimes leads to micromanagement, finger-pointing, title-chasing, etc.
Overall a positive work environment
Category Manager, Technology & Digital Services (Former Employee) –  Skillman, NJJanuary 9, 2019
J&J is an excellent company to work for and offers competitive salaries and benefits. Job demands are significant, but the company does support a balanced family/work ethic.
Pros
Ability to work remote, benefits, salary
Cons
Job demands
Unsupportive management
Clinical Accounts Specialist (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, FLJanuary 7, 2019
Management does not give the mid level positions the time of day and many do not let employees have career advancement.

Benefits are great - company car, 401k match, pension plan, long maternity/paternity leave
Depends on what division you work for.....
Hospital Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Somerville, NJOctober 2, 2018
Some divisions are better to work for than others. Just be picky. Ask a lot of questions. They don't train their managers very well. The people that work there that ARE NOT in management are wonderful, but the management team that I worked with were very cocky and passive aggressive.
Pros
Wonderful co-workers
Cons
management, low base salary
Senior Oncology Product Specialist (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MODecember 15, 2018
Tremendous opportunity to grow and learn product management. Because the products compete in highly competitive markets, the business greatly shifted to contracting.,
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
low in entry-level collaboration
World Class Organization with certain flaws
Engineering Technician (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 29, 2018
Place to build core competencies and continue education. Salary was comparable to the area's cost of living. Vacation time was very adequate. Pension and 401K added value to overall compensation package.
Pros
Benefits package
Cons
Advancement Opportunities

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Johnson & Johnson. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3
51.8K
41.2K

Ratings from women

4.0InHerSight Score

3.9Personal Development

4.0Career Opportunities

4.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight