Johnson & Johnson

United States3,953 reviews

Found 3,953 reviews matching the searchSee all 7,401 reviews
credojnjjanssenpharmaceuticalculturevistakonbalanceproduct

Excellent company

Excellent company to work with. Great benefit and nice work environment. I have learned a lot of technical skills. I enjoyed working with Jonson and Johnson.

helping Society within a big company

Great to advance healthcare and some amazing talent and opportunities to grow and learn. Lots of meetings is the big negative, some people get rewarded for going to the most meetings while others do the work.

Pros

Great benefits including free daily contacts and a pension

Cons

Too many meetings/ politics

Johnson & Johnson insights

Based on 1,182 survey responses
What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Ability to meet personal goals

Good opportunity

Great opportunity to get into the medical device field. Sink or swim type of learning environment. Long hours, constantly changing schedule, little support, but a good opportunity to learn the ins and outs of med device industry.

Fun

Great place to work Amazing atmosphere and great team of people work with Well organized and productive environment Love the location as well and great place to grow

It’s a great job. Too bad we are closing

The work is easy. Employees are great. We hit all our numbers but we are closing. I’m going to miss working with the great people that are working there.

You are a number, that is all.

Management is ill-equipped for the job, generally. It is a transient environment where your contribution is neither acknowledged or appreciated unless an error is made. Punitive workplace and turnover rate is high. Not working for any J&J company again.

Fun productive

A typical day at work is fun an intertaing, outgoing subjected to yhe inner most being in the song I sang with you yesterday gone and it may e true but you know

Great culture

Pros: people are very kind and generally respect of each other. Cons: it can be very hierarchical when it comes to decision making and information sharing.

No work life balance

Management is threatened by good talent and not supportive of developing you. Culture is overworked and people complain a lot. Access to company store, food, and parties is a plus.

Bad work place

This place is all about who u know they only train the people they like to move up and the management are racist it’s been people that have use racist words and then move up in the company just said wouldn’t recommend any to this job

Bad company Culture

People were not treated equally bad company culture. NO ability to advance yourself. Certain employees were able to do things others could not do. Would not reccomend

Contractors Beware

I was recently hired as a contractor and didn’t have anything set up from day one. There was no formal training and I was let go. Contractors beware it may be enticing to get a foot in the door this way but, the planning team is in disarray.

Not much growth

If you are happy with working in the middle of nowhere, this site definitely is good for you. Family oriented company, but there is not a lot of room for growth.

Contract CAPA Engineer- Ethicon Cornelia

MES project was going good, but when pandemic started, they decided to take the entire MES team out. The remote days we worked, was actually more work than on premises. Every day we had to provide an objective evidence of the work performed by the end of the day through emails. Their policy was not to bring in any contract engineer on premises during pandemic 😷 days; when I submitted CAPA work files to the Director of Quality, then and only I was called in.Overall, a very “short tenure” project ended abruptly, finances diminished. It was quite a disappointing experience. MES principal engineer was strict, but the manager was nice.

Work can be a little bit tedious

A typical day would involve preparing documents for R&D/medical devices samples to be processed in a sterilization equipments, track each project from start to end to ensure it properly dispositioned. I learned a lot about types of sterilization methods required for certain materials and the stages required for the samples to be fully sterilized. The management was neither good or bad.The hardest part of the job was finding things to do.The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to go off on your own after you are fully trained.

Good place to find work and balance

They have defined process and schedules, as long as we do what we need to do we are good. Career growth depends on our work style, relationship with manager and initiatives we take.

It is a good company to work for because of good benefit and plenty of opportunity for advancement through internal hiring!!!

Johnson & Johnson is a great company to work for !!!! It is a friendly working environment. Management always open to suggestions from employee. I was there for almost 20 years for a reason. The benefits are great. The yearly bonus are great. The work there are always fun an I am always motivated to work there. People there are very friendly.

Fun place

Great job to work. Fun place awesome environment. Great people that helps you along the way. Cool break room. Salary was really good as well. Not many benefits I guess.

Horrible leadership at Milpitas

Training consists of reading procedures. No actual training. Lack of engagement and support from management. Hands off management with no clear objectives. Poor leadership.

Pros

Cafeteria on-site

Cons

Bad management, no training, no support, no team work

Overall a good place to work, nice to rotate to new roles every few years, you come for the work life balance. Pay and benefits are okay, def. Not the best. Some managers are great some are terrible.

Good Income and Experience -- Micromanagement Instead of Leadership

Typical day entails 8 to 10 physician office calls per day. This includes presenting product information to physicians, talking with nurses, MA's about products, patient information, product access. Most enjoyable part of job is the relationships established. Least enjoyable part of job is the culture of the company and what has to be endured to simply work there. The hardest part of the job is working for the poor local management, which uses micromanagement instead of leadership to accomplish their objectives.

Pros

Income, benefits, company car

Cons

poor local leadership, micromanagement, unethical

Common questions about Johnson & Johnson

Answered by current and former employees at Johnson & Johnson

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Johnson & Johnson. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.1 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Women's ratings

4.4Fairygodboss Score

73%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

91%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by  Fairygodboss