Johnson Brothers Liquor Co
63Average
2.7

Johnson Brothers Liquor Co Employee Reviews

United States166 reviews
The office in Woodridge closed but it was not a nice place to work I worked both Christmas days and always eve and day after. My boss was inexperienced and did not know how to
Pros
Office space was nice
Cons
No matter how much work no overtime
One architect practically held all work hostage and nothing was getting done except lip service. When challenging this behavior to move activities forward, I was meet with much resistance.
I really enjoyed working for this company. It felt good to be part of a great team. I always felt respected and needed. Being out on the road was very refreshing.
Stay away from this company brach if you're a female sales representative. The Milwaukee culture is disgraceful towards women. I was hit on by upper management more than one time. HR didn't make any adjustments to my route. Besides that, expect to do a lot of heavy lifting of cheap spirits and wine.
This distributor works with high volume product with low comission. Don't expect to have high end products either. You'll be selling wine in the $5-$9 range and you'll be selling lots of it which takes a toll on your body. There is a lot of turnover because of that. There's not much advancement either. You'll be stuck in sales for 10 years before you can move into management. But that is only if you're built like a body builder which I am not. Also forget about your personal life and celebrating Holidays. You'll be working. You're not allowed to take a day off from Halloween till New Years.

On a good note, taste testing new products was fun and exciting during meetings. The company match 401k is also very good. You also get 2 weeks of vacation when you start. But trust me, you'll need it.
Typical day at work starts with replenishing certain areas within the warehouse until our demand comes out for orders at 10:00a.m and 2:00p.m. Also able to unload trucks and revive orders to pick and send out. Smaller warehouse setting with about 6 people. Physically demanding labor with lifting cases often 40 pounds plus.
Pros
Flexible work hours, good staff, relaxed environment
Cons
Tiring sometimes, busy almost all times of the year
Leave a review. Help people like you.
They offer benefits, pto, ppto and much more. It’s a consistent job and it’s about dedication and repetition. Vacation time is also available. It’s ware house but when you’re as good as I am and ready for work it’s fun and most can tolerate.
Steady work environment. You must come prepared to work every day. The job requirements where easy but required you to do some heavy lifting on a day to day basis.
A typical day consists of creating signs and menus. You get an order and work on it and submit it for feedback then wait until a rep can get back to you with any critiques. Then repeat multiple times a day, every day.

The graphics department was full of great people and the manager was super nice. But there isn't really a way to improve as a designer or move up, every day is pretty similar and can be really slow or you can get really behind depending on the season.
Very poor work life balance and management does not care about you. They talk about promoting from within but your opportunities are limited and they will promote who they want not the most qualified.
Pros
No comment
Cons
No comment
Daily work varied on work load. Learned to adjust to every changing situation, and personality. Management some were good others did not work well with employees, making moral low in some areas. The hardest part of my job was the many different personalities, but this would also be the best part. Could be challenging, but worth all the work to make every day work out to the best.
Horrible place to work None of the managers care about any of the employees especially the office people they overwork you and underpay you dude they do not practice safe lifting it stretching they do not have the right equipment do you not have enough employees and since they don’t have enough employees they push the employees that are working way too hard
Johnson Brothers as a whole is a great company to be experienced with. However management is terrible, no actually training happens or accountability with management. Everything falls on the commission Sales Consultant's and you have no personal life with no compensation as they resently stopped paying incentives which are part of the commission base.
First line leaders are great. Upper management lacks vision to support and motivate employees. First lines have to often work hard to gain support of employees with out support from upper management. Feel like company is willing to take on most employees but should pay better to remain competitive with others in area as pay is below minimum compensation of other warehouses. staffing can be a struggle but seemed to be improving before I left. Your first lines will do their best to help and look out for you but sometimes are constrained by company or upper management.
Very hard to keep work/life balance. Working a lot around holidays and Saturdays. No to little contact with management. Initially had a fun team to work with, changes to management structure ruined the camaraderie of our group.
Job was not one of my favorites, 16 hours a night 4 nights a week , three day weekend was nice but still not worth it. I really have nothing positive to say about this company
I enjoyed everyone I came in contact during my time at Johnson Brothers Liquor. It is a very supportive group of sales reps, merchandisers, and managers.
Very competitive but rewarding workplace. Family feel but corporate professionalism and resources. They have many branches across the country and they always take care of their own.
Overall, my experience while employed with Johnson Brothers of Florida (Orlando Region).. I only achieved personal success meaning at the end of the day I was only doing what was best for me as a Sales Consultant rather than giving my best to the company and team. It is sad to think this is the absolute truth and after giving my efforts and energy for a year and half I don't remember many good traits. The management in Orlando lacks team qualities, spirit, good energy and overall leadership. I was stuck, feeling stagnant, un motivated and ultimately discouraged. This is NOT a career- but simply a job.
Pros
Freedom, lots of wine/spirit knowledge and tests self discipline
Cons
Pay, routes are not divided equally, terrible leadership, and work is never appreciated
The people are good just the new Management sucks eggs... because they dont trust you if you work more then 13 yrs.they will try to get you out and Laugh about it afterwards...
If you like being over worked and talk to like your just a nobody also not appreciate as person this is the place for you. The will lie and to get you in there and then everything will change we had to leave to put our kid's on the school bus they told us whoever didn't stay 2 hour's of over time was getting written up.
This is great job, part time or full time, weekends off. Very supportive staff, unionized, great location, overtime hours all the time. Discount on products. Great benefits
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Johnson Brothers Liquor Co. Our community is ready to answer.
2.7