Johnson Brothers Liquor Co Employee Reviews

Awful management, no raises, no advancement, work somewhere else!!!
Route Driver (Current Employee) –  Johnston, IAJanuary 31, 2019
Not a family friendly company! Can’t take pto hours, no raises or advancement opportunity as promised upon hiring.
Work your butt off while others slack off and call in sick. Absolutely no recognition for doing a good job or working hard. No employee perks, they just constantly ask more of you!
Heathcare cost is outrageous!
I’m burnt out after busting my butt for this company for nothing in return except lousy pay!
Don’t Recommend For Sales
Territory Manager (Current Employee) –  North CarolinaJanuary 22, 2019
Benefits only start after you are employed for 90day. I have never worked at a company that makes you do this.

401k sounds great but it’s only a 4.5 % and they only give you the company match in one lump sum around March of each year.

Getting promoted is only for Gallo Managemet program and not for anyone else. They will tell you that they promote from within and that’s true if they have a Gallo person to promote other wise they will find a Gallo trainee from a another company and give you a list of reasons why you aren’t qualified.

Pay- In my Market we are the lowest compassionate. No matter how much you do it never enough for a commission increase. I have worked hear 3 years and haven’t made a dime more than when I started. You are 100% commission.

We are the only company that works with Gallo that doesn’t allow you to buy Wine at cost.

We are routinely encouraged to worked on company Holliday’s while our managers take family vacation during the same time.

Management- you will work for people that know nothing about management and have never managed anyone before that’s because they are all 22ys old.

I routinely come in the top 10% in sales so don’t think anything will make you shine.
Pros
Introduction to the Wine business
Cons
What I have listed.
It was a job to work
Delivery driver. (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNJanuary 10, 2019
Delivered liquor to liquor stores and restaurants. I learned a lot about different liquor and wine. It was ok to know them but it seems like they didn't care about you. It was a good group of people to work with. Knowing where your next delivery was. Driving all over the state of Minnesota.
Pros
Meet new people thought out the state.
Cons
Try to find what you need to deliver in the back of the truck.
This Company Will Give You All The Experience You'll Ever Need.
Senior Network Engineer (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNDecember 27, 2018
Excellent balance between professional culture and personal recognition. Outstanding IT infrastructure that will challenge and educate you while also being a lot of fun.
Pros
The People
Cons
Influx of Beauracracy
Good company for young, aspiring individuals
Fleet Supervisor (Former Employee) –  St. Paul, MNNovember 28, 2018
As a young professional looking to get a career, or experience, this company is great to get started with. There are many avenues that a person can go, such as, sale or operatio
Friendly work environment
Graphic Designer (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNNovember 26, 2018
Johnson Brothers has a friendly work environment. Employees here often tend to develop and maintain relationships with others throughout various departments.
No training, poor workplace
Drone (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WINovember 3, 2018
The people running the place treated you like an idiot if you didn't catch on fast enough. Having never handled liquor before and being new to the company rules, where was the learning curve? How are you supposed to teach yourself how to do everything? It was hard to know who to please because one lady would yell at you for something, then another guy would for the opposite. Never felt like i was actually heard.
Pros
4 day work week, pay wasnt terrible
Cons
lots
stay away
Driver/Operator (Former Employee) –  St. Paul, MNOctober 3, 2018
this company has gone to heck stay away don't even interview with this company. the word is out that this company is not for their works and does not care.
Office
Office (Former Employee) –  St. Paul, MNSeptember 28, 2018
They will tell you everything you want to hear to get you hired. Most of it is lies. Zero training for office people theyre only interested in sales people. Sales people bring in the money so they own the place. Everybody is unhappy and over worked. Its a depressing place. Executives make the big big bucks and aren't in touch with the employees. The company keeps growing, but the teams doing the work are getting smaller. People get fired for any mistake randomly. Good 401(k), average benefits, they have a PTO policy so sick and vacation is only two weeks, raises are only cost of living, merit doesn't matter, not flexible even if they say, old school mentality, not friendly for women. Work anyplace else but here.
Pros
Some nice people
Cons
Over worked, Low PTO, no recognition, don't care about employees, terrible culture
Drive for someone else
Milwaukee,WI (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WISeptember 27, 2018
Was expected to know all of the company rules after a few days and be able to handle the job yourself without much training. Preached about safety and positivity in the work place but in reality didn't care what drivers are going through. Management was often rude and was often heard saying negative things about the work force. They know how to make everything seem ok when its not and act like just because they can handle certain parts of our job once in a while they know what its like to live that way every day. Sales reps think they are better than everybody else, some are helpful, but a lot of them are not. The load itself every day was very hard on the body. Long days of heavy product down and up lots of steps, rarely had help and there are always a few accounts every day where you should have help if you care at all about safety. There are way better driving jobs out there in trucks that actually run.

Want to know more about Johnson Brothers Liquor Co?

Ask a question
Nice place to work
driver (Former Employee) –  North Kingstown, RISeptember 12, 2018
Johnson Brothers was nice and close to home so I did not have a long commute. It was a relaxed place to work until the busy season came in then we would have to load up the trucks twice in one day but you take the good with the bad.
Fun place to work
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNSeptember 12, 2018
It was not a bad place to work. As they gave us food every Thursday. Though I believe the pay was very small considering the amount of work. I like this place.
Great Job
Driver/Operator (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WISeptember 6, 2018
Johnson Brothers was a really great good to have worked for . Its sad that I have to go . The people are great and the job itself is not hard at all .
Flexible Hours
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNSeptember 6, 2018
You really can make your own schedule as long as your get the job done on a day to day basis. Flexible hours based on your territory. Fun, entertaining job based on the liquor industry.
Don't work here unless you're a man
Office (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNAugust 15, 2018
Only men can grow in this company. I have seen a handful of women promoted. They have a lot of people at the top that have been here for so long and should not be anymore. So many of the departments are falling apart because of poor management and nobody else matters but the family.
Pros
Fun environment
Cons
PTO isn't good, only people that get raises are men or are in sales, only men get promoted, poor management
Always Changing, fast paced industry
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  St. Paul, MNJuly 15, 2018
Good introduction into the world of sales. Started as a merchandiser and worked my way to a Sales Rep. Responsibilities increase as you gain experience.
Pros
Benefits, Compensation
Cons
Job Culture, Job Work/Life Balance
Good place to work,
Sales (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 12, 2018
Constant sales environment with moving goals. Direction is given but is up tot he individual to figure out how to accomplish the goals.

Thank you.
Very limited training was provided
File Clerk/Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 5, 2018
I was hired to work as an administrative position at the Indianapolis location. I was provided little to no training to learn software that I was not familiar with. I was the only admin. in the office and had little to no help.
I thought I was learning at a good pace and was starting to feel like I was getting the hang of things.
After being employed for only 4 weeks I was let go! I was told it wasn't anything I was doing wrong but it was a "corporate decision"
Please take caution if you are thinking about working here. You will have little to no training and the expectations will be high!
Pros
Warehouse workers were super nice to me
Cons
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MN 55102June 27, 2018
This is a worker friendly atmosphere. You manage your earned time off with Personal Time Off for vacation or sick days. They have an on-sight Health Clinic for you and your family to use. This was one of the best places I've worked and I hated to leave!
Pros
Pto, 401K, Vision, Dental and Health Benefits
Horribly run company
Driver (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMay 28, 2018
Where to begin. First off, let me say that I did quit 3 times. But they did hire me back each time, also. I only came back the last time because the pay that was told promised to me by the other job i quit Johnson Brothers for didn't pan out. JB paid me okay, but not enough for what the job entails.
First off, liquor is extremely heavy, so it takes a toll on you. It would help if they gave you a helper everyday, but they don't. I worked out of the Milwaukee division but the routers OUT OF MINNESOTA make the decision if you get help or not for the day! So I have people that have NEVER done any kind of delivery in their lives decide what is good for me and the other drivers and what they feel is best for us. Even though they don't know the city or state of Wisconsin and the details of each drivers' stops. This company doesn't care about any of their workers, all they care about is numbers. They beat you down day in and day out.
And don't you dare do a good job because they will pile more cases and stops on you. The better and more competent of a drone you are the more they punish you with more work. So if you ever get with this company, make sure you're slow and incompetent because the less cases and stops you will get.
And they make sure never to give you a somewhat light day.
The routing is horrendous. You could be on the same route for weeks, have the same stops on but NEVER routed the same.
Inconsistency is a great word to describe this joke of a company.
The routing is all over the place.
Like I said the pay is good, but not good enough for everything they want
  more... you to do for the customer. The company wants you to bend over backwards for them and the customer. And don't make any plans after work, because they want you to give up whatever life you hope to achieve outside of work. Heck, I got denied to get a shorter route so I could make it to my son's fifth grade graduation. Sure it's just fifth grade, but it's a big deal to an 11-year old. But did they care? NO! Because NOTHING is more important than their company and numbers. Want to know why I was denied having a day to get off a little early? BECAUSE THEY DON.T HAVE ENOUGH STAFF!!! THEY CAN'T KEEP PEOPLE!! There's a reason for that, It's horrible!
And don't you dare speak up about any issues you may have about the routing or loading of the truck, they'll just say you're being negative. Can you believe that? NEGATIVE?! Anytime you voice your opinion or suggestions to make things run better and more efficient for yourself and the other drivers they come down on you hard!
I actually got a write-up for being "negative".
And our operations lady is a joke. She never wants to hear any problems and thinks we're all crybabies. Working under her is like how it must be like how the people living in North Korea must feel like, never speak out against your company. THERE WILL BE STRICT PUNISHMENT! Just put on the facade of happiness and that it is the greatest company to work for.
It's Fascism at it's best. And when you think there's a glimmer of hope when one of your own gets promoted and feels your pain and who used to complain about the sames issues and you and your co-workers.......WOW!!!
That changes quickly! It's like the Manchurian Candidate. Brainwashing at it's finest. Towing that company line or else.
As much as the company keeps their head in the clouds, oblivious to the amount of negativity that's coming from drivers, warehouse AND sales, it's out there. They couldn't even keep a seasoned transportation manager six months because he said he'd never worked for a more mismanaged, strange company in his life!
Little Miss Napoleon, who never leaves her office, basically called him a "wimp" for leaving. No, he just had to much common sense for this place.
The managers here are not professional at all.
But the sad thing is that they are always going to think that nothing is broken here.
As long as they can keep hiring managers that they can control and have little dictators running operations it's always going to blow!!
Pros
4 day work week, maybe
Cons
Management, routing, pay for what they want you to do.Llack of staff

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Johnson Brothers Liquor Co. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9