Johnson City Medical Center Employee Reviews

Not a good place to work.
RN (Former Employee) –  Johnson City, TNAugust 14, 2018
Was hoping things may change with Ballad, but looks doubtful. They would prefer to hire agency nurses to work for nearly $50 an hour than pay in-house employees more than $18.13 base pay. Very disappointing and doesn't make a lot of sense from a business standpoint. Manager was also very unapproachable and cause a lot of anxiety/stress at work. Surprised she is still there.
Great work environment
ER Patient Access Representative (Current Employee) –  Johnson City, TNJuly 25, 2018
It is a great work environment and you have so many opportunities to learn about the medical field and if desire they will help you go back to school to pursue education in the medical field. I have no complaints at all other than the low pay.
Management cares more for yes people than doing job correctly.
ICU Bedside Registered Nurse (RN) (Former Employee) –  Johnson City, TNJuly 13, 2018
Management was not easy to work with and personally I felt it was a hostile work environment. While I learned a lot in the facility (it made me a stronger nurse), I felt like every day was going to be the day that I lost my license.
Pros
good team members
Cons
poor management
Fast Paced Environment
NURSE INTERN I (Former Employee) –  Johnson City, TNMay 9, 2018
Typical day as a CNA/Nurse Intern 1 was fast paced, on my floor, generally overloaded with patients. Management was good and helpful when they could be. Self time management was vital to this job.
nice place to work
MEDICAL RECORDS CLERK (Former Employee) –  Johnson City, TNMay 2, 2018
Worked in area that was ran 365 24 hours a day. Not enough employees to keep up work load. but you were able to get as much overtime you wanted. Never saw management.
Pros
overtime
Cons
not enough help
Rn
Staff Nurse on Labor and Delivery (Former Employee) –  Johnson City, TNApril 30, 2018
Patients were wonderful to work with and staff helpful for new nurses in this field. Some MDs were short-tempered and intimidating to staff. The manager on the unit was wonderful.
Pros
patients
Cons
Mds
Wonderful Co-Workers admit a Stressful Environment
Patient Care Partner (Former Employee) –  Johnson City, TNApril 16, 2018
Absolutely lovely people to work with in an environment that can cause the worst to come out in people at times. Through all the stress and exhaustion in a sense of pride and generosity that is unmatched.
workplace
Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Johnson City, TNMarch 19, 2018
Worked in the Emergency room getting patients registered, being accurate and punctiual, providing customer service in a fast paced enviroment, being flexible
it has been a long time since I worked there
RN (Former Employee) –  Johnson City, TNMarch 12, 2018
I worked there as a nurse extern and then as an RN, had may great experiences and the information learned I have carried with me and applied to other situations.
productive work place
PCP (Former Employee) –  johnson cityMarch 8, 2018
a very good work place! fast pace, laid back. good people to work with! always learning new things and never have same patients! managenment is always willing to help and make surer that the floors are staff! i enjoy my job very much just need more hours
Pros
learning new things each day
Cons
short breaks
Great place to work!
Inpatient Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Johnson City, TNMarch 5, 2018
Very relaxed atmosphere and always moving around the hospital. Very flexible working hours with a caring staff that encourages new opportunities for learning and growing as a team. Followed a typical routine workflow everyday to ensure quality assurance within the pharmacy department. Learned procedures of compounding, inventory control, medication-delivery systems and much more. Most enjoyable part of the job is being physically active moving around the hospital communicating with healthcare personnel and always learning something new within the pharmacy department each day.
Pros
Break-room meals and great pharmacy staff
Cons
Really busy at times
Had the best coworkers on 5400.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Johnson City, TNFebruary 21, 2018
Although the job was physically demanding, it was rewarding. My coworkers worked together as a team to accomplish what was necessary. The patients were challenging at times.
Job security
Monitor Tech (Former Employee) –  Johnson City, TNFebruary 19, 2018
Typical hospital job, was not paid near enough for the job performed. Only perks were job security and made some good friends. The monitor station was a unique experience but I learned a lot.
Johnson City Medical Center
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Johnson City, TNJanuary 9, 2018
I loved working at JCMC. It was an awesome job! I checked in patients for different procedures. I also worked in Same Day Surgery. I loved meeting new people and I loved the staff I worked with.
Pros
Healthcare
Cons
Short breaks
Good schedule
Currently serves as Registered nurse shift leader (Current Employee) –  Johnson City, TN 37601November 30, 2017
great workplace if you have a lot of nursing experience. Managers do a great job! scheduling is great but you have to work a lot of overtime hours to have a great check at the end of each pay period.. clinical leaders are very caring and take good care of staff needs. team work is amazing depending on who your boss is.
Pros
self scheduling
Cons
low pay rates
Very stressful and poorly managed
Microbiologist (Current Employee) –  Johnson City, TN 37601November 8, 2017
The work atmosphere is very stressful and tense. Employees are disgruntled and very unsatisfied. Lots of backbiting, co-worker bashing, mostly from older techs dissatisfied with their positions and advancement. It's a very hard place to work, no team work.
Fast Paced Environment
HR Employment Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Johnson City, TNOctober 18, 2017
Johnson City Medical Center is a Good place to work if you have high energy! You can not be a lazy person and expect to do well at any job that is offered here.
Pros
Lunch on site
Cons
Work on Holidays
Each day is hardly ever the same.
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee) –  Johnson City, TNOctober 5, 2017
I enjoy my job and I love my coworkers. Management is truly wonderful. Depending on which department you work in depends on how busy it will be. Some are extremely busy while others are very slow. All in all, it is a good job.
Pros
Meet all kinds of different people.
Cons
It's impossible to move up without transferring to another location.
Workplace
Johnson City (Current Employee) –  Johnson City, TNSeptember 20, 2017
Wonderful people, poor staffing. If staffing would improve the morale would improve. Management needs to be competent enough to help on floor when short staffed.
It sucks
Linen Worker (Current Employee) –  Johnson City, TNSeptember 12, 2017
Not paid enough only get one break not treated fairly do not give you enough time Flexsteel when you have to take a little longer gets angry if you use the bathroom
Pros
Cons
Only one break