Johnson Controls Employee Reviews

Found 2,143 reviews matching the search
great job
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 23, 2017
management wonderful plenty of travel time, benefits outstanding co-workers awesome...Upper management awesome, office space and working conditions awesome, fellow workers in field knew their job really well making my job that much easier
Pros
none to mention
Cons
none to mention
loved working there
Credit & Collections Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WISeptember 23, 2017
Johnson Controls was a great place to work. I was with the company for over 5 years. there are several opportunities available to those who want to advance within.
the management was was very fair to the employees, they had nice incentives, company holiday events for all employees and their families, they had good health benefits. The workplace was just that, while your there your expected to perform, however they are not a super hard nose Co where you get in trouble if you have a quick conversation with another co-worker.
Relaxed but productive workplace.
Quality Inspecting Associate (Former Employee) –  West Point, GASeptember 22, 2017
A typical work day here was pretty relaxed. I was a Quality Inspecting Associate, so I learned how to observe merchandise for flaws. My manager was tolerable as long as I was completing the tasks I needed to while on the job. The hardest part of the job was keeping up with the line. The most enjoyable part of the job was the interactions with co-workers.
Pros
Relaxed, Good Pay & Benefits.
Cons
Workday on night shift went by slow.
Unorganized management team
Manufacturing Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCSeptember 21, 2017
What I dislike is the mandatory overtime. We live at work literally. It's seems like someone is always out on vacation or on medical leave. If not that, then we have to cover open positions. We work continuous 12 hour shifts (14 hours for supervisors) meaning 4 days one and 3 days the next with every other weekend off. Pretty much whenever someone goes on vacation that's 7 days straight of work (I'm on my 11th day of working). I really dislike working in lead. We have to wear respirators when on the production floor. Your clothes stay at work. Blood drawn once a month to check lead levels. Very lean company when it comes to spending. Very old fashioned when it comes to process, which most are outdated. The environment is really rough.
Benefits
Cons
Job Work/Life Balance, Management
Poor Company Management
Systems Technician (ST) (Former Employee) –  Windsor, CTSeptember 21, 2017
This company could be great if it was not so cut throat and if the Project Managers would teach the technicians better on how the system works. If there was a negative issue with product installation the PM's would point the finger at us the technicians when what really was happening is that they did not train us properly.
Shut down my dept due to acid had ate through the machines
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Florence, SCSeptember 21, 2017
Not really a bad place to work but you do not know from day to day if you are going to run production when you go in. They will sent us home with no pay if we do not run.
Pros
2 1hour breaks
Cons
Never give you a raise when we meet our production quote
Good corporate culture
Director, Engineering Academy (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, MISeptember 20, 2017
Johnson Controls, Inc. Is a good company to work for. They have a very competitive culture but one that values their employees. Many opportunities to explore different roles
Very good team to work along with
SD Lead (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WISeptember 20, 2017
Good career growth can be expected to all team members , supportive higher management . Good pay and good learning curve which is beneficial to all employees
Tumultuous - hard to feel secure
Senior Manager - Global Process Excellence (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WISeptember 20, 2017
Lots of change over the last few years. Broad parts of the business have been divested, added or changed substantially. Leadership seems to change more often than at other, similar companies.
Pros
Opportunities for advancement, good salary and benefits
Cons
Instability, frequent management changes
Fire Alarm Technician I (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 19, 2017
Company was great to work for. Excellent benefits including low cost insurance and PTO but management at the Tampa office left a lot to be desired. Worked as a Fire/security Tech 1 but manager wanted to micro-manage but had only HVAC experience.
Pros
Insurance, other techs, Pto, and best pay in Florida
Cons

Want to know more about Johnson Controls?

Ask a question
busy work place
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSSeptember 19, 2017
show up to work 15 mins early, have your station set up and ready to go. Every morning, there is a meeting. with two 15 min breaks and 30 min lunch. Besides that stay busy all day and work hard
benefits
Cons
Cant spend much time with family during peak season
Unorganized. Go go go
Production worker on line for F 150 (Current Employee) –  Riverside, MOSeptember 19, 2017
Poorly managed from the top down. Production numbers over employee safety. Alway cutting jobs giving more work to already overloaded workers. No sick time. Not family oriented.
Pros
Union
Cons
overall this was a good job
Production Member (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOSeptember 18, 2017
This job was a really fast paced assembly job. Every hour we rotated to limit injuries of workers on the harder and more physically demanding jobs. Each year the company grew.
Pros
great job advancement opportunities
Cons
the work was very physically demanding
Painter/Assembly (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, INSeptember 18, 2017
Worked there for almost a year training and management was terrible. No incentive to work there, was harassed and talked to like a dog. Work load was super slow.
Lots of training to stay on the cutting edge of changing technology.
System Representative IV (Former Employee) –  Glencoe, MD 21152September 17, 2017
While working for Johnson Controls training on new products made this company an excellent place to work. The salary was my biggest issue as they did not match the salary to the qualification of the service representatives. The only way to get a significant increase was to leave then come back which in my opinion was not fair to the system representative like myself who remained loyal to the organization. Benefits were good. They provided you a vehicle and all the tools and safety equipment so the service rep is able to perform their duties.
Pros
Training, Provide all safety equipment and tools.
Cons
salary was not sufficient. Bonuses were scarce for field personnel.
Competitive and fast paced work enviornment
Service Agent (Former Employee) –  HoustonSeptember 15, 2017
Johnson Controls is a large corporation with their hands in multiple industries and services. Expectations and routine are never clearly defined and it is hard to cut through corporate red tape to accomplish goals with little support from management. You make great friends however, and your co-workers are some of the hardest working out there.
Pros
Large Company Benifits
Cons
Poor support from management
Hostile work environment, poor management no one willing to train new employees
Assembler II (Former Employee) –  Marinette, WISeptember 15, 2017
My supervisor quit, was never replaced. The lead was terrible, lazy and discriminatory. Advertised 4 days at 10 hours, remained on ot for half a year.
Pros
Absolutely nothing
Cons
Lack of management, hostile work environment, worked over 13 hours with just 2 breaks and one lunch, old broke down machines, no team work, no responsive HR department, disgusting.
Very growing company.
Technical Writer (Current Employee) –  Florence, SCSeptember 15, 2017
A typical day at johnson controls is very challenging. I worked in a very complex plant that make changes daily. Never a bored day on the job. Always improvements to be made.
Pros
Great benefits.
Great place to work, terrible middle management.
Controls Technician (Former Employee) –  South Bend, INSeptember 14, 2017
There is a lot of freedom with this company for those that are self motivated. This was a great place to be, but middle management can't seem to get out of their own way.
manager was horrible
Solutions Project Manger (Former Employee) –  Windsor, CTSeptember 14, 2017
manager was horrible. this survey isn't necessary. Who really cares, who in the world will actually read the jibber age that I'm writing for no reason at all.
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Johnson Controls. Our community is ready to answer.