Play YouTube video button

Johnson Controls Employee Reviews

United States3,932 reviews
Found 3,932 reviews matching the search
Featured review
Johnson Controls selected this as a representative review
Great opportunity for advancement
Excellent learning opportunity for anyone considering a career in HVAC sales. Management was supportive, and the learning environment was open and welcome.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
Disconnect with operational side of business from sales
Set up to fail
Apparently my full review is too long. So, I'll just say this, my year at Johnson Controls was by far, the WORST year of my 20 year bid in the fire protection industry. The company has zero organization, direction, or support. Upper Management is demeaning and chauvinistic towards women.
Poor management but good work force
I am just trying to find a place that I can actually get to advance and I don’t think I was going to get a fair shot. They are more of company you need to kiss butt rather than just with your skill
nothing
I really have nothing to say.. Been there a little over a year. Not the best experience but also not the worst. But I am still looking so that should say something
office personnel are a joke
upper management always talks about how important safety is, but they have done very little for the safety and well-being of all workers during covid-19. Human resources manager is an alcoholic that gets away with anything she wants. They don't care about you,the employee, all they care about is money. There is no recognition given for any ideas that you come with. If they didn't come up with the idea, it won't work.
Leave a review. Help people like you.
good old boy culture. Incompetent management.
Management are control freaks. Management has Zero people skills. Non employee supportive. Poorly organized. Promote incompetent employees. Not flexible or accommodating.
Johnson Controls
I am currently a subcontractor on a Johnson Controls project. This is the worse Prime contractor I have ever had to work with. They are horrible people and have horrible attitudes.
Pros
Project
Cons
Project
Large opportunity to grow professionally
Large company with many factions. There is a lot of opportunity to move around and grow professionally within the company. You can start as a clerk and work your way into a management roll.
If you have kids and bills this is a not a job for you
I went in through I temporarily service they where nice to get you in the door an after that come to work on time everyday or be fired what you day doesn’t matter it was the supervisor or the employees in any situation
Management Training is advised
My direct co-workers were great. Benefits were okay. However the management team is very unsupportive of their entire team and the communication greats F for Failure.
Pros
Flexibility, Benefits, great learning opportunities
Its a easy job
Its a easy job you just got to learn to deal with the people and just mind your business and do your job and go home. Its not something I think that would make you stay.
The management are sneaky and deceptive
if you work there just know that the management are sneaky and deceptive. They will smile in your face and give you a hug just to find the soft spot before they stab you in the back. You can't trust them, they will have you thinking you're doing a great job then fire you for no reason thw next day. It was not only me I saw plenty of turn over at that company while I was there. One gut almost had a heart attack
Productive company
i love working here. best place i have worked at. i will work here forever. look forward to being here for a long time. a very long time. a very long time.
Pros
free lunches
nice place
pay was very good I enjoyed the work u was doing there. It was very close to where I live so that was a bonus. The bosses were nowledgable in what to do
Productive and fun place
Productive and fun place. I enjoyed my time there. Management was supportive. Whenever resources were required they were always provided in a timely manner.
This Company seems to really care about their employees!
I would certainly recommend JCI as a good company to work with, they provide you the tools and equipment needed to preform your job duties. I'm happy that I'm working with JCI!
Poor leadership from top causes poor management throughout
Business leaders steering the ship operate in a purely reactionary mode with little vision beyond the current quarter's results. There is zero investment in the development of frontline associates let alone an effort to develop the sense of inclusion necessary for a productive team that operates in a mostly virtual environment.
Pros
Flexibiltiy in working hours
Cons
short sighted and reactionary demands of business leaders
productive
I liked there because there was help always avilable from my Senior person. Friendly environment. No demanding attitude of management. Cooperative nature of emplyoyees.
Pros
People appreciate work done.
Cons
Location was far for me.
Work day
Worked on controls and interact with customers. Safety is always top priority. Troubleshoot field devices. Check control databases. Identify problems after interaction with customers.
Pros
Safety first.
Johnson controls
The job at johnson controls was a decent job at one time but lack of management has made the plant go downhill when I first started it was an ok place to work but over the years it has gotten worse
Worst company I’ve ever worked for
Incompetent, self serving, paranoid executive management creates a culture where no one can be trusted, backstabbing is rampant, and the only clear objective is cost reduction. Pressure to create unrealistically optimistic budget targets leads to frequent layoffs and other draconian measures when the targets are inevitably missed. Miserable, stressful, frustrating place to work.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Johnson Controls. Our community is ready to answer.
2K
2K
1.4K
Women's ratings

3.2Fairygodboss Score

27%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

45%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.