Johnson Controls

Johnson Controls Employee Reviews

United States4,394 reviews

Found 4,394 reviews matching the searchSee all 6,981 reviews

Challenging, technical, and rewarding

A typical day at work was fast paced, technically challenging and people oriented. I learned how to support my customers needs while maintaining the physical building apparatuses. I was tasked to working both with my supervisors, customers, my customers' supervisors and at times without any supervision. I received much support from my coworkers as needed and like wise in return which made it pleasurable to accomplish daily tasks demanded of me. I found it challenging as well as frustrating at times to complete requests due to a lack of funds for supplies needed but with support from coworkers' parts stock I was still able to overcome adversity of most requests. I found that the most enjoyable part of my job was when I could close a ticket because the assignment was completed and the customer was completely satisfied.

It’s a good job not great, just good

Pay was pretty good, I advanced quickly. Within a year I was making about $19hr. You’ll work more than you want to. Always have mandatory overtime. I was a group leader so I NEVER got a day off it seemed

Pros

Pay, paid lunch

Cons

No work life balance

Johnson Controls insights

Based on 1,818 survey responses
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Overall satisfaction

Good place to work but could be a Great place to work

High turnover as with any call center environment, and this makes the workload overwhelming for the long term employees. Because of staffing issues you are often forced to backup other departments ,which could mean learning an entirely different computer program. Talking vacation days are a hit or miss depending on staffing, but you do get a decent amount of time to use. If you are willing to stick it out there's room for growth and advancement,as they do believe in promoting from within. The company will have customer service appreciation week for employees, snack carts, holiday dinners and cookouts. Ironically building safety and security has been an issue lately with car thefts/vandalism and random people getting into a "secured" building.

Okay

Good place to start your career. Good benefits and company car. Company is very large and many processes are out of date. Spreadsheet heavy company. Don’t always complete things before having reps start using them

Management very good

The current manager on the warehouse side of things cares more about his bonus, than the well being of his employees. Other than that, it a great place to work with weekends off if that's what you're looking for

Poor Management

Management is self centered and for themselves, immature and unprofessional. Not a team environment. Good old boys group. Trump like culture. Not very progressive for minority hiring or promotion. Not many minority leaders.

Pros

Technology

Cons

Healthcare insurance, Management

Mucho que hacer y los pagos no son muy buenos

En este trabajo vas a hacer muchísimas cosas siempre vas a estar ocupado incluso en trabajos que no te pertenecen y se te pagará exactamente lo mismo

Always changing hours and never keeping their word. Hard to trust while getting over worked. Point system very tacky and mismanaged.

Management and scheduling very inconsistent. Accounting is very mishandled as well. Wish they would have more appreciation and respect for the quality workers.

Opportunity

Advancement is very limited,,, growth and change is collectively challenged,,,disorganized,,, discriminatory environment,,, primarily Spanish-speaking

Large company hard to have a family life.

Upper management knows their roles and expectations from production floor. Local management is lacking in some areas. High turnover rate and training leaves something to be desired.

Pros

Pay and Benefits

Cons

Turnover rate and Training

You will be micromanaged

Micromanaged, unorganized and rude environment. Management pretends like they listen to your complaints but does not actually fix anything. Employees are not put first which is why their retention rate is so low. The only people that stay there have been there for years so they don't want to lose their vacation time.

Pros

Holiday meals, benefits

Cons

Management, strict rules, low pay

Very Productive but the turn over can get rough at times

Overall Johnson Control is a vibrant upbeat place to work. Of course that is if u actually want to work. When I'm at work I love to laugh and have a good time with my coworkers while I work at. I'm very good at doing both. If more would try that then just maybe they wouldn't have time to worry about all the other onsite job activities that they aren't actually getting a check for. Try minding the business that pays you!!!

Pros

Overtime

Cons

The crowded parking lot when coming into work, Also the long walk to get to the building u work in so u can make the everyday meeting.

Good pay and benefits. Work schedule can be chaotic at times but that's to be expected in the service industry. It's a huge company with lots of opportunities.

Lots of opportunity to learn but lack of investment in current talent

Like most large companies its easy to get lost in the background here, but there is opportunity to grow if you are willing to put in the hard work. They have not kept up with market demands in terms of pay increases and thus risk losing lots of their current talent as they market their skills elsewhere.

Pros

Good communication between management and employees, many opportunities to network, learn new skills

Cons

pay not equal to work load and does not keep up with inflation, understaffed and overworked

Job security

You have to make your worth. Prove yourself as soon as you can.Overall Nice place to work. Good benefits Including pto, tuition reimbursement, 401k match High deductible insurance plan isn’t good

No safety

They preach safety, but that is the last thing on their mind. It's all about production.... Production, production, peoduction!.production!.. safety issue at the start of the shift?? ( can it wait until shift change. (In 12 hrs)But " you have the right to stop the line for safety"

Hectic Schedule

Conveyors in the supply line will break down quite often. Too much is expected from the employees. Limited career advancement. Overall not the ideal place to work

Great

Good job overall great pay with the occasional overlap of business hours extending into the day. Phenomenal management board members that will handle all of your needs.

Pros

Free coffee

Cons

Save money for new back and feet

Could do better in maintaining and repairing their machines

It's a normal job. The only thing that drives me nuts is they don't fix or maintain any of their machines. They do just enough to get it working and then expect us to babysit the machines while doing our job.

Relaxed place to work not enough pay.

Good place to work, need to know Spanish 98% Spanish staff, pay can definitely be better they decide for it not to be, over worked and when there is no work they wonder why people complain, good place to work if you want to make less than 400 dollars a week.

Dumpster fire

Top level mismanagement Frequent product changes no training to go with the product changes.They micromanaged truck stock - as if the ties up top know what my customers needed.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Johnson Controls. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.7 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

2.6
InHerSight Score
2.4Personal Development
2.6Career Opportunities
2.9Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight