Johnson Controls Employee Reviews

Found 2,787 reviews matching the search See all 4,448 reviews
Featured review
Johnson Controls selected this as a representative review
Great opportunity for advancement
Sales Representative Drove business growth (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNApril 3, 2018
Excellent learning opportunity for anyone considering a career in HVAC sales. Management was supportive, and the learning environment was open and welcome.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
Disconnect with operational side of business from sales
Jci
Intern/Product Management (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSJune 19, 2018
Johnson Controls was my first job in industry and I learned a ton from my manager. He was very supportive of me wanting to advance my career in the manufacturing world.
Freedom to work alone
System Technician (Current Employee) –  Urbandale, IAJune 19, 2018
Johnson Controls Provided you with the ability to work everyday without supervision. They provided you with a company vehicle and you were allowed to head directly to your job without going to the office each morning. Laid back management department that allowed you the freedom to balance your work life and personal life.
great place to work, good work life balance
North America Operations Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 18, 2018
Johnson Controls is a great place to work. Good work life balance; many opportunities to grow if you know what you want to do. The company has been around a long time and has made quite a few acquisitions which provide more opportunities.
A good place to work
Inspector/Assembler (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, KYJune 18, 2018
I liked working there. The pay was good. They appreciate you and the work you do for them. They have a good work place to be at. It's just a good place to work at.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
I don't know
It was a temporary job
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJune 18, 2018
I wasn't there long enough to get the feel of the job. I worked in the accounts payable department for a short period of time. The job was only for a couple of weeks.
Pros
Na
Cons
Na
job was fast paced
Six Sigma Blackbelt: (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 15, 2018
Working for Johnson Controls manufacturing is Fast paced, High Demand requirements. Duties would often change frequently based on the needs at the time. Local Management is supportive but the corporate support is not. The corporate management lacks communication with their manufacturing facilities, pushes changes and initiatives with communication or feedback, does not have good systems for suggestions, and often does not want to put the resources into significant improvements.
Good if you need money
Assembly Line Operator (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSJune 15, 2018
Management is so so, it has its up and downs like most places but getting good pay there isnt worth the stress from that place. Not always a guaranteed 40 hours cause they cant make enough of their own parts.
good to get by in life
MATERIAL HANDLER II (Current Employee) –  Lithia Springs, GAJune 14, 2018
Stressful with lots of hours.. The most enjoyable part of the job is getting to go home. Management is always complaining about something even after procedures are followed
Great Company and Fantastic Earnings Potential
Preventative Maintenance Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Lenexa, KSJune 13, 2018
I have been a sales rep for JCI for about a year and a half now and I love it. The work life balance is great. The company perks and benefits are great. There is tons of room to grow and develop. Endless learning materials available. I really enjoy the laid back, but professional and driven atmosphere in our office. I am not sure what it's like in every other district, but most of those I have met from other districts seem to love their job too. It's a sales job, so there will always be those who don't last long if they aren't cut out for it, but many of our sales reps have been with the company for 10+ years. Once you get in a establish yourself you can make great money. Like any sales job, it's a roller coaster. JCI is a huge corporation and there is always a big push for more and more sales. You have to make your stock holders happy, but you're going to have that anywhere. If you are hitting your sales numbers you are left alone. Want to work from 11am to 2pm? No one cares as long as you are hitting your numbers, answering emails (company phone provided), taking care of issues that pop up throughout the day. Having the ability to work from home and set my schedule everyday is awesome. My only real complaint is that company is SO big that there is a lot of corporate red tape. There are many hard to work with redundant programs you have to use and it can take a long time to get answers back and problems solved when there are issues you can't solve immediately. That just comes with being a large business. All in all I love what I do and hope to stay and grow with JCI long term.  more... It is a great company to work for if you know how to manage yourself and your sales pipeline, and can keep a positive attitude during sales droughts.  less
Pros
Non decaled company car can be used as your daily driver. Company pays for all of your gas, oil changes, tires, insurance, taxes, and other other fees associated with maintaining it.
Cons
Corporate red tap, a lot of company meetings, pressure from upper management stresses out middle level management and it shows quite a bit.
Some departments better than others
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Holland, MIJune 12, 2018
Worked with great coworkers, good teamwork, would work overtime on short notice, good health benefits, boss's would help out when we were busy, for the most part was a great place to work.
Pros
Good pay, good teamwork, good health benefits
Cons
Na
Corporate presence was always around
Administrator/Finance/Space Planner (Former Employee) –  Redwood City, CAJune 12, 2018
Corporate presence was always around, and they didn't forget about our team. Always send a department representative to provide information about changes, updates, etc.
Great Company!! With Great Benefits!!
Electrical Quality Technician (Former Employee) –  Suwanee, GAJune 12, 2018
Best Company that I have ever worked for. I would have never left if they didn't close down.I would recommend that company to anyone looking for a great company to work for.
Pros
Money and Benefits!
Cons
Long Hours
Very productive and fast past.
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Olive Branch, MSJune 11, 2018
I was very pleased with my job at Johnson Control. Really good benefits, and vacation time. Got plenetly of over time and was able to manage my bills very well. Got a raise every 3 months.
Overtime
Automation Technician Team Leader Grade IIII (Current Employee) –  Lubbock, TXJune 11, 2018
There is no end to the amount of overtime available. Most of the time overtime is voluntary and many will sign up for it, but on special weeks the overtime is mandatory. If you like to work and want to make a lot of money with an honest day's work, come here. Last year instead of a standard 40 hour week (2080 hours/year) I worked over 3400 hours. I did it because I actually enjoy working here and Johnson Controls provides the opportunity to do so. I wasn't forced to work these hours, but allowed to.
Pros
overtime available regularly.
Cons
short lead times on production. We do not normally know what we need to output until the week of.
JCI Meadowbrook Facility - Lithium Ion cell and battery manufacturing
Quality Lab Manager (Former Employee) –  Holland, MIJune 11, 2018
JCI's Lithium Ion plant was an amazing place to work. The collaborative spirit and collective ability to overcome nearly anything was palpable. I thoroughly enjoyed physically designing and developing the Quality Lab as well as the internal Systems that helped achieve ISO 17025 conformance. The team has been amazing and have positioned themselves well for the long term future.
Pros
Excellent home and life balance, true collaboration amongst peers
Cons
low Health benefits, corporate communication is lacking
Big Company
TEAM MANAGER (Current Employee) –  ColoradoJune 11, 2018
Very large company with many moving components. Ideas may bounce around for quite sometime before getting put into action. Not enough focus put on employee retention.
Pros
Great location
Cons
Very large company
I relocated to Campbell and worked at Apple campus
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Campbell, CAJune 11, 2018
I was the project manager for the implantation of a new idea of using existing HVAC equipment to create a new type of sustainability. The idea was to link all of the existing buildings HVAC chillers to create one large cooling plant.
Stressful and constant critizism
Forklift Operator/Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Norman, OKJune 10, 2018
Good people but didn't like some people and didn't like the stress the company put on me the higher ups did not like answering question or fixing any that was wrong
working for johnson controls
building maitenance (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXJune 9, 2018
was a very good company to work for at the JC Penney store a typical work day was opening store getting work orders and completing task working with venders
Good place
Good communication
Appreciation shown
Very well organized
Opportunities were good

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Johnson Controls. Our community is ready to answer.

51.5K
41.5K

Women's ratings

3.3Fairygodboss Score

33%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

67%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss