Play YouTube video button

Johnson Controls Employee Reviews

Found 3,298 reviews matching the search See all 5,242 reviews
Featured review
Johnson Controls selected this as a representative review
Great opportunity for advancement
Sales Representative Drove business growth (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNApril 3, 2018
Excellent learning opportunity for anyone considering a career in HVAC sales. Management was supportive, and the learning environment was open and welcome.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
Disconnect with operational side of business from sales
Safety Culture Lacking
EHS Manager (Current Employee) –  MississippiApril 23, 2019
This company is 10+ years behind other major companies in regards to safety culture. The focus on PR is so great that is overshadows any concern for safety. Johnson Controls could take some learnings from the oil exploration industry about the "control of work process". I am thankful for the job in order to provide for my family, but I would appreciate if the company considered safety a priority.
Highly automated work environment
Robotics Technician (Former Employee) –  West Union, SCApril 23, 2019
This was my first experience working in an automated environment. Plenty of professional growth potential. Mediocre leadership. Good benefits. Strong Team orientation.
Very dangerous working conditions.
Furnace operator (Former Employee) –  Florence, SCApril 22, 2019
Very dangerous working conditions, working around molten hot lead all day. Very hot and stressful conditions. Have to wear full face respirator and jump suit during the entire shift.
Works well with school schedule
Finance Intern (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSApril 22, 2019
They're very flexible with the hours and days that I worked to accommodate my school schedule, especially with finals. Also had the option to work from home.
Culture that drives safety and success
TOTAL SERVICE MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Dulles, VAApril 21, 2019
Johnson Controls provides a working atmosphere that promotes safety of their employees above all else. Every employee has equal right and opportunity for growth, success and healthy working environment.
Good company from what I could see..
Quality Inspection / Lead 2 Sorter (Former Employee) –  Highland Park, MIApril 20, 2019
I didnt work for Hohnson Controls. I worked for a third party company assisting the quality team. My job was to OK, or Not OK the Quality of the material that they produced.From what I could see the culture was nice there.
good benefits low pay tons of overtime
Machine Operator/Assembler (Current Employee) –  Norman, OKApril 19, 2019
Huge company to big for their own good. Benefits of working for such a large corporation are the benefits great insurance and matching 401k lots of room to grow. Downside very incompetent middle management dehumanization of employees.
Great place to work and learn.
Supply Management Analyst (Current Employee) –  Lithia Springs, GAApril 18, 2019
Being a legacy Tyco employee, I can not accurately review "Johnson Controls". Our facility is currently transitioning and each day there are new discoveries. Overall my tenor with the company has been well spent. I have learned a great deal about the supply chain industry. Management at the local level is where there is the greatest opportunity.
Pros
Stability
Cons
Local Team Building, Employee Engagement, Communication
Ok Place to work -Poor Management
Manufacturing Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Holland, OHApril 16, 2019
JCI is pretty good but the management in Holland Ohio in 2015-2017 left a lot to be desired. Work is consistent and the turnover rate is low, which actually impresses me=job security for hourly
Rather not
Power Frame Operator, Relief Operator (Former Employee) –  Holland, OHApril 16, 2019
A lot of childish people.they pay attention to other's rather then themselves. H.R is a joke! Upper management looks to put blame on anyone, but not fixing the problems.
Pros
Nice, stocked break room.good $.
Cons
Very poor H.R., micro manegement.
Difficult work environment
ANALYTICAL CHEMIST (Current Employee) –  Glendale, WIApril 16, 2019
No chance for advancement. Good work goes unrewarded. Very little opportunity for advanced training. Good work environment - clean, AC in summer, heat in winter. Clean labs for the most part. Cafeteria and parking structure are perks
Pros
Cafeteria
Great Place to Learn
Software Developer (Former Employee) –  Shrewsbury, PAApril 15, 2019
Very stimulating work environment. If you do not like the project you are on you can often switch to something that interests you more. Sometimes the days are long but the pay is good for being an intern.
good place to work overall
Inventory Clerk (Current Employee) –  Turners Falls, MAApril 15, 2019
not a hard Job. during the busy season ( summer to Christmas) it is very stressful. during the slow season, it is very relaxed by comparison. the management is good and they are fair if you show up and work you will have no problems if you call in sick constantly and don't follow the rule you will have issues. the hardest part for me was the drive. I live 40 minutes away otherwise I would probably stay.
Busy and challenging. Never dull
Regional Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 15, 2019
Great place to work; through merges I need to supplement my income. I will remain employed and would like to work part time outside of the industry I am in to avoid and conflict of interest.
long hours good pay
Assembly - master builder (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHApril 15, 2019
easy jobs, management is poor, good benefits, Union UAW is horrible hours are long and rough. they do not care about employees there are some good people that make the job alright for the most part this is just a job and a pay check.
Pros
good pay
Cons
bad management no communication
Your family will have a good life, but you wont be there for it.
Enveolpe stacker operator (Former Employee) –  Geneva, ILApril 14, 2019
6 days a week. Respirator wear required. Monthly blood test to see how much you are being poisoned by lead. Mandatory overtime. Can't make incentive pay because machines are 50+ years old and constantly break. Bad union. Pay sounds good until you do the job.
Pros
$1000+ a week if you work over 60 hours
Cons
You will have no life regardless of what shift you work. Also, you will get lead in your blood even when you take every precaution.
Productive Team
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Lubbock, TXApril 13, 2019
JCI has a very productive team in West Texas. JCI is a customer focused team. They offer a lot of opportunities for training and advancement. Overall a very good company.
Pros
Training
Cons
Lack of support for West Texas market
Best part is my local team
Fire & Security System Representative (Current Employee) –  Flyover CountryApril 12, 2019
Most days are spent with customers at their workplaces instead of my own. I prefer it that way - helping customers make their workplace better, more productive whenever/however possible. Corporate management has their own world - they sometimes leave it to come visit us. I don't know most of them.

Don't put too much weight on "Rate the CEO" question - I don't know who it is at this time.
Pros
Wonderful people at the local level
Cons
You will be a small cog unless you're attracted to the corporate life.
Challenging work
Dispute Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Westminster, MAApril 12, 2019
Working account discrepancies is a very challenging, but make the day go by first. for myself, it was a perfect job besides the compensation. I was able to work with customers that could have over a 1,000,000 of recurring revenue with multiple locations, and multiple local offices completing the work.
Good place for Techs who wish to work as an entry level HVAC tech.
Systems Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 10, 2019
Good company to work for and great management can be overwhelming at times when it comes to the stress and timeliness of completing tasks and calibrations. They train for their Metasys system and I received great counsel from some honest people in which I learned to value time, think, plan and then execute it.
Pros
Nice company to work in.
Cons
Could provide more opportunities for newer HVAC technicians.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Johnson Controls. Our community is ready to answer.

51.7K
41.8K
31.1K

Women's ratings

3.2Fairygodboss Score

25%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

83%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss