Johnson County Community College Employee Reviews

Johnson County Community College Child Development Center
Substitute Childcare Aide (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSOctober 23, 2018
Great place to work, great people to work with, but management needs to be worked on. That is really all I have to say about this job. This is all I'm going to type.
Pros
Free lunches, discounts on meals and free gym
Cons
Horrible manager
CDL Instructor (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSOctober 17, 2018
A typical day consists of working with adult students who want to obtain their CDL-A License. Working with adult students is challenging, but very rewarding.
My supervisor is very good to work with. The culture is that of a typical educational institution.
The hardest part of the job is standing for multiple hours.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
Lack of full time employment
Incredible workplace, very understanding managers
Receiving/Returns Specialist (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSSeptember 17, 2018
This is the best place I have ever worked, they are incredibly understanding about any personal issues at home and work your hours around that. A typical work day is running a register and working closely with customers and colleagues in order to achieve maximum customer satisfaction.
Jccc
Sous Chef (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSAugust 22, 2018
In all you leave JCCC with a family. You get a free class. helpful for a student. paid snow days were nice as well. could expect at least one a year. upper management was annoying but didn't come around that much.
Pros
cool people, annual raise
Cons
upper managemet
Engaging and Simple
Warehouse and Mail Clerk (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KSAugust 13, 2018
My experience was overall pretty good nothing too serious and it was a relaxed and well paced job. I would recommend this job to other college students who want to work on campus.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Not enough hours
environment
Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSAugust 13, 2018
Taught as an adjunct math instructor two nights a week. It was a great environment and students were great. It was hard to really understand what was being asked of an adjunct teacher outside of the curriculum. We were told what to teach but needed more training on other work related things
Pros
Great classrooms
Cons
Not enough contact with other teachers
Jccc
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSAugust 8, 2018
I love working at JCCC. The staff is friendly as well as co-workers. A requirement to attend meetings for adjuncts is minimal. Learning opportunities is vast for full and part-time staff and faculty.
Pros
Book and software discounts
Cons
No healthcare or KPERS for Adjunct
Wonderful work place.
Involvement Ambassador (Current Employee) –  KansasAugust 7, 2018
Great atmosphere, always learning on the job. Always meeting new people and making connections with students and staff members. Wonderful resources to utilize too!
Director of National Acadmy of Railroad Sciences
Director Railroad Training Program (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSJuly 19, 2018
Program trained personnel for specific careers in railroad industry including locomotive engineers, locomotive conductors, welding, maintenance, signals and management.
Worked well!
Information Services Technician (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSJuly 16, 2018
I worked in IS for a Work Study position while I finished my degree. Everyone was really nice and I learned a lot about technology. The environment was friendly and accommodating.
Pros
Great employees
Cons
No weekend hours
collabrative & enjoyable place to work
Adjunct Assistant Professor (Current Employee) –  Olathe, KSJune 20, 2018
I am an online and face to face adjunct professor. I enjoy working with all of the staff and management at Johnson County Community College. It has high standards and requires excellent work. I am proud to be a part of this educational institution.
Pros
Great management
Positive
Adjunct Certification Training (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSJune 11, 2018
Everyday is enjoyable and .productive.
I learned to work with other professionals.
The management team is always ready to help.
The workplace culture is accepting and welcoming.
The hardest part of the job is waiting to find out if classes will open.
The most enjoyable part of the job is working with others wanting to learn.
Pros
Learning environment
Cons
Waiting to find out if classes will open
A great beginning to a career
Graphic Design Intern (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSJune 11, 2018
I worked as an Intern at JCCC, and it has been the best job I've had. I was able to work with design industry professionals that have been doing design for decades. It gave me a chance to expand my job prospects with different ways of designing that would strengthen my overall skills.
Pros
Flexible Hours, Great managment, amazing setting.
Cons
None. (seriously)
Great place to intern!
Counseling Intern (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSJune 4, 2018
Great place to learn counseling skills from master counselors. Difficult to get full time employment as all positions are highly coveted. Great place to work!
Productive and fun workplace with ping pong table
Student Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSMay 22, 2018
Every day is different with new events and varies between fast and slow-paced work days. Friendly environment, very nice place to work for college student.
Pros
free 3 credit hour class
Cons
short breaks, healthcare
Interesting and challenging
Data Entry/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSApril 12, 2018
Always busy in our department as we are customer service driven. Always something new and challenging. But as part time (25 hours), no benefits except for 4 hours a month of leave.
Pros
great offers at JCCC events
Cons
healthcare, time off
great GREAT place to work
Jccc Bookstore clerk (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSApril 4, 2018
i love working here. its just that you get hired on as a temp so theres multiple times a year when you will be out of work if you dont have a second job and it gets hard because the hours arent ever the same. big plus however is that they are very flexible and its such a great environment to work in . i love it. i dont want to leave but might have to because its part time temporary and i dont really make enough living pay to pay because in the slow months of the year if you get hours at all you wont get many for sure. ive been here for almost 2 year sand im still struggling to move up here in the store so its def a good job to have in the beginning of ones college career. ps. there isnt any benefits. no paid time off for anything.
Work Study Program
Full Time Student (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSMarch 19, 2018
The work study program was a part-time work opportunity convenient with my class schedule while attending campus for credit courses.
Typical day was a few hours of clerical duties, data entry, and filing.
Management left me lists of basic office tasks to complete while mostly unsupervised.
The workplace culture was independent, but purposeful.
The hardest part of the job was communicating with management, who was usually out in field, absent from availability.
The most enjoyable part of the job was assisting high school student prospects apply their college now credits toward their degree programs upon enrollment.
Pros
convenient flexible schedule
Cons
Communication with management was difficult, seldom available.
Relaxed and helpful staff
Continuing Education Instructor (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSFebruary 20, 2018
I love working at JCCC. The campus is close to home and well-maintained. The RC building is especially nice with artwork in the halls and a modern design. The staff in my department is very helpful and kind. They're always willing to assist me whenever I have a question.
Great Place to Work
Microbiology Lab technician (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSFebruary 15, 2018
The Microbiology Lab at Johnson County Community College is a great place to work.
When I took that job, I had knowledge of bacteria and diseases and I learned even more from very good teachers there.I know now how make the media for bacterial growth, how stain bacteria and how to recognize bacteria under microscope.
Working environment was very good, everybody was friendly and helpful .
The hardest part of the job was a leaving my position, position was eliminated because finanton situation at JCCC.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Johnson County Community College. Our community is ready to answer.

4.6

Ratings from women

3.7InHerSight Score

4.0Personal Development

4.1Career Opportunities

3.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight