Johnson Electric Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Don't have the words to explain this place
Production Operator (Current Employee) –  Vandalia, OHJune 17, 2018
Don't care discuss..Stressful..Don't really care for the worker...Nothing is enjoyable about this place...Management plays games to get what he or she wants..
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Too short
Poor management
Electrician Helper (Former Employee) –  Beaufort, SCApril 5, 2018
Poor direction from owner deadlines that couldn’t be met in time and long hours the pay was ok but tempers would flare from not accomplishing tasks with the speed of a cheetah
Good please to work and gain experience in the automotive industry.
Sr. Manufacturing Quality Engineer (Current Employee) –  Springfield, TNMarch 18, 2018
I was able to gain experience through challenges and goals related to Warranty, day to day activities in the Quality area.

Reaching goals and exceeding expectations which allow to grow within the organization as:

Customer Quality Engineer / Supplier Quality Engineer
Sr. Quality Engineer

The company gave me the opportunity to manage and launch new program in the power train cooling area. and also was able to support and coordinate several product launches and the had the opportunity to work directly with several OEM's.

The company values are multicultural that allow me to work in different teams worldwide (China, Europe, Mexico).
Too many hours worked with no positive feedback
Quality/Process Engineering (Current Employee) –  Vandalia, OHMarch 16, 2018
worked many hours solving every day problems. Management brutal on employees. Too much networking with owners. lack of consistency with direction and priority. Upper management very insensitive to workers hours and stress. Verbal abuse common and no respect for private discussions.
Pros
close to home and wore confortible cloths
Cons
Management brutal to employees and bad attitudes
Great co workers, poor management, very poor H.R.
Management did'nt appoint me a title (Former Employee) –  Vandalia, OHMarch 15, 2018
Johnson Electric is a great company with terrible management and H.R. If management was restructured, than it would be a wonderful place to work. The employees named H.R. The Grim Reaper cause anytime she walked away with a perfectly good employee, we never saw them again. This happened daily. The supervisors are highly inappropriate and favor certain employees. My coworker's health was ignored by our Supervisor (juan). Due to lack of concerns, she was stretched out by E.M.T.s There is no handbook or MSDS book. This place is probably a great money maker for OSHA and attorneys. (Just to name a few). The vacation time, coworkers, and insurance are great.
Pros
Great people to work with, and benefits.
Cons
Management, supervisors, and H.R. are unorganized, never know whats going on, and have no concern for employees
7 day work week no end in sight.
Operator (Current Employee) –  Vandalia, OHMarch 14, 2018
If you want to work 7 days a week for more three months with no forecasted end in sight then this is the place for you. They have a bad habit of promising the customers more parts than can be made in a good week only for our machines to break down.
Pros
30 minute lunchs
Cons
no life other than work
Good people to work with
Medical Cell Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Methuen, MAFebruary 8, 2018
Working for Johnson electric was good for me. I worked there for 24yrs. learned alot of different positions. Most managers were fair and understanding. I would not be looking for work if they did not relocate to Ohio.
Pros
Free lunches or free morning breakfast.
Cons
short 10 min break in morning then in afternoon. bettter to have one 20 min in morning.
Once was a great place to work
Tool and Die (Current Employee) –  Vandalia, OHJanuary 14, 2018
A great group of people to work with. Has been through multiple HR groups and supervisors/managers in the past 5-6 years with the most current seemingly interested in their own agenda and not the agenda of the core company. Company policy changes like Ohio weather and a company handbook/policies is only available from talking directly with HR. Haven't had a printed copy since 2012. However, there is bias shown for how policies/rules are followed.
Pros
Vacation time, 401k, health insurance, good coworkers
Cons
HR disorganization, derailment of core company values, poor problem solving skills
Unorganized buisness
Material Handler .. Lacer printer (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHDecember 3, 2017
Wasn't a steady work place because there was no machines up.. So there was nothing for the worker to do so therfor we Had to ask every hour for work..
Stressful
Senior Accounts Receivable Administrator (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, MIOctober 30, 2017
Johnson Electric will not hire enough people to properly do the job causing burned-out, stressed employees. It is difficult to take time off due to work schedules.
Great place to work.
Guest Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Crestwood, ILOctober 4, 2017
It's a small office to work from but that created a family like atmosphere that I loved. I had a lot of time to myself to do my work, which I love. I ultimately left because I felt I didn't quite fit in there. It wasn't my long-term goal.
Appreciate your employees and give them regocgnition
Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Vandalia, OHSeptember 21, 2017
Please give more training to your employees. Have a better work life balance and 401K benefits should be better. Hew hires only receive 2 weeks vacation. Profit sharing is non existent
High turnover but a decent place if you perform well.
Manufacturing Engineer (Former Employee) –  Springfield, TNSeptember 19, 2017
Johnson Electric has pretty high turnover and not a great reputation. However, my experience was that it has a culture of high performance. If you perform, you are fine. If you don't your life will be so stressful that you will leave. It is a pretty small company so the advancement is limited.
Oh well, it's a job!
ASSY ASSOCIATE, LEAD, PRODUCTION SCHEDULER (Former Employee) –  Springfield, TNAugust 21, 2017
Typical day @ work is ... wanting to go home as soon as I got there. I did however learn how to be a leader. I was given the chance to brush up on my computer skills. Management was questionable but I had no problems with them. The most enjoyable part of the job was the people. They became your family because you saw them more than you did your own.
Pros
The co-workers made the job enjoyable. Good benefits though.
Cons
Too hot, Senority means NOTHING
Hit or miss on quality management
Assembly Technician (Current Employee) –  Springfield, TNJuly 31, 2017
Average company to work for, but needs more consistency between management. The point system is ok, seems to be fair enough. Shoe truck is definitely a plus.
It is a productive place to work climate controlled and clean.
Lead Technician (Former Employee) –  Springfield, TNJuly 14, 2017
You take care of breakdowns and planned projected everyday. I learned great deal about fixing people and equipment in order to see better results. Management is always coming and going to bring new ideas to the table. The hardest part of the job is learning all of the equipment that has to be maintained and repaired. The most enjoyable part of the job is thanks you receive when you make a change that makes ones job easier. .
Pros
401k and good healthcare plan
Cons
operate very lean
Family business with all good and bad features of that model.
Senior Design Engineer, R&D Group (Former Employee) –  Vandalia, OHMay 24, 2017
Local facility (Vandalia) is an excellent work environment. No better direct management support.
Overall excellent growth in several industries for Vandalia products. Good prospects for future growth,
Pros
Good direct management
Cons
Remote headquarters
Very Unstable Company
Cost Analyst (Former Employee) –  Springfield, TNMay 9, 2017
Owned by China and new plant built in Mexico and slowly then faster layoffs as Mexico came on board and manufacturing lines started moving. Skeleton staff and 2 lines left. Headquarters moved from Tennessee to Ohio and new lab got moved to Michigan.
Pros
Very diverse
Cons
Movement to Mexico; management
Very diverse/multi-cultural company.
Tool Room Manager/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Vandalia, OHApril 30, 2017
JE is a company on the move. They operate in some 25 countries across the world. It is broken up into two business units: IPG and APG. The opportunities at JE range from operator level, very basic, up to VP dependent on personal career choices. Employees have the opportunity to collaborate with various diverse cultures and languages. Along with that, the challenging aspects can be clear/concise communication with these other regions. It's very easy to misunderstand each other and go the wrong direction. The greatest part of the job is exercising your strengths and abilities to assist in company growth. Participation in continuous improvement is highly encouraged and expected.
Pros
Working hours are very manageable.
Cons
Employee turnover. Getting familiar with new folks continually.
Operations Director (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MIMarch 26, 2017
I do not desire to provide input for confidentiality reasons. I appreciate to be contacted if more input is needed. For confidentiality I wish to not provide.