Johnson Matthey
59Below average

Johnson Matthey Employee Reviews

United States153 reviews
Johnson Matthey is a okay company.
What I mean by that is JM needs to clean house in upper management, because they are stuck in the past. They need new blood that will be fair and have compassion for us. We produce washcoat that goes into catalist there is no way that we should have bad batches so often. Also QC personnel need to be put back on the lines so that we can have continuous quality.
im doing this because i have too
I have been told if you have nothing nice too say. Then say nothing. So that is the statment I'm choosing too make.i refuse too say Nothing. Its better this way.
JM is good company
It's a good experience to work in JM who has many branches worldwide. There are many opportunities to work with different background of people around the world. I learned lots of hand-on experience.
Great Supervisors
It could be better in many other changes...On it way to to be better not there yet. The growth chance in the company is slim. If you want to have a job temporarily. THIS IS THE COMPANY.
Great Internship
I interned at Johnson Matthey, I was given a lot of responsibility and opportunity to grow. The work environment is very inclusive and fun. The management is very supportive and tries to listen to the employees.
Would you rate your company five stars?
Rate your employer to help people make better career decisions.
Great
I’m pleased with the opportunities!!! I like the environment! The workers are great and they love innovative improvements! I’m thrilled to see where the future goes!
Good Productive place to work
Busy most of the time due to the nature of the business. Learned a lot about my type of work working here. Management does a good job dividing work among employees. benefits are 2nd to none and good pay. Schedule is hard to balance a personal life due to if being shift work.
Special environment with special people
Johnson Matthey has been great to me. I have grown so much over the past 9 plus years, not only in my career but as a person as well. JM has guided me in the right path. The company culture is very unique and will always carry that with me. The most enjoyable part of JM is the people I worked closely with day after day. I felt I could reach out to people and at the same time felt people reached out to me for help.
Feast or famine was nature of job.. Either too busy or a lull .
The division I worked at had multiple turn over of managers. Vacations were not scheduled properly, and too much work was dumped on one person due to too many being out at same time. Had zero room for advance. Salary was not good,but there was no hope to be bumped up to a proper level.
this is pathetic
If your not part of management or a foreman try an look for another job dont waste your time. Pay is horrible an communication is at a all time low. We as workers have no say so for what we run for the knowledge that we get payed for in our solution.
Not a bad place to work
Starting pay isnt so great but its in range with other Pharmaceutical companies. The progression is nice though and after a year or two top rate is around 29-31 per hour but that goes up if you work shifts as well.
Pros
Benefits, schedule, location, co workers are good
Cons
Air quality depending on the area, prison like environment
Johnson Joke!!!!
Supervisors cant speak english then get mad when you asked them to repeat themselves. The machines are always breaking down. The toxic "Green Soap" powder chemical is bad to breathe but everyone is exposed. Saftey Cordinator is a joke on coke and it smells like noodles in the break room.
Great Place!
Great environment to work in. Very safe atmosphere. Great coworkers. Management is very caring. Wages are okay. Benefits are excellent. Easy to take time off.
it's ok
it's ok as long as your part of the favorite click everything is a big secret can't tell anyone what they do there a lot of setting up and accusing no one is honest in their eyes
Poor management
People make random racist remarks to other staff members. Staff at this company feel threatened by new staff members and try to give you all the bad points of the job to encourage new staff to quit. Lead and production manager can care less about new staff members coming into their company.
A nightmare
It was my first job out of college and absolutely nothing was organized. Power-tripping supervisors on second and third shift, a high engineer turnover that kept incoming engineers from being properly trained, constant automations issues, scapegoating, etc.
Be aware, be careful
Theres been many disasterous situations where people could have died. I cant believe this place doesnt get fined from OSHA more. Chemicals department is always out of compliance in terms of pollution and no one in management takes it serious. Big disconnect between workers and managers. I've seen superintendents in flip flops and shorts in a chemical office/floor. Poorly ran, union is keeping this place going.
Pros
Comradeship, learn by doing, vast array of chemical synthesis happening
Cons
Low pay, overtime expected, clicky (you fit in or your out), HR is bias
Horrible
Place the wrong people in Managment. Pay is little for what physical labor and paper work you have to follow. 12 hour shifts with out enough breaks. A lot of walking because there 5S program lacks employee friendly layout.
Pros
Benfits
Cons
A lot
Competitive to work.
Too much drama and jealousy. If your bf or gf is your boss even if you don’t have experience they’ll offer you a high position, sounds unfair. If you want to work in a company where they give you a goal you need to reach to pay you good then this company is for you. Sucks company, they Pay higher the lazy one than the one who works there very hard.
Pros
Free coffee, free 7 uniforms and free lunch bag
Cons
Goals to finish per hour.
Bad Management
Bad Management especially in Human Resources! Gives UK People a better chance to succeed. Treats employees badly. No reviews or feedback then told to leave with NO NOTICE. COLD PLACE NO PEOPLE SKILKS
Pros
good benefits
Cons
New Management no people skills
Poor Management
Extremely unprofessional environment. Managers and HR regularly violate EEOC, ADA, and privacy laws. Inconsistent management/discipline. Confidentiality is non-existent.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Johnson Matthey. Our community is ready to answer.
2.8
Women's ratings

2.5Fairygodboss Score

0%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

0%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.