Johnson Memorial Health Employee Reviews

Terrible management
Staff nurse (Former Employee) –  Franklin, IN 46131August 7, 2018
Nurse has no voice. Manager only interested in promoting himself, and does not know the nurses job. Manger was absent most weeks, only stopping in to check on the physicians in the department. Supervisor was not honest and did not stand up for the staff.
overall good place to work
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Franklin, INJune 18, 2018
learned a lot about labor and delivery, post partum and newborns. became NRP certified to perform resuscitation on infants. Overall,great learning experience.
Great work culture
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Stafford Springs, CTJune 8, 2018
Good work flow and team work. I learned a lot about prioritization in a fast paced environment. The most enjoyable part of the job was the ability to learn, while working along side the doctors and other team members.
Pros
Caring facility
Cons
would like more continuation education
productive, great for first job
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Stafford Springs, CTMay 22, 2018
JMH was my first job and one of the best I ever had. Only left because I had a hard time commuting to college. The managers I had were great, and they truly cared for their employees. If you had any concerns, they would listen and do their best to at least compromise with you. The job could be fast - paced at times, depending on how many patients were admitted to the hospital, but an enjoyable atmosphere nonetheless.
Pros
Enjoyable atmosphere, friendly managers
maintenace
Floor Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Stafford Springs, CTMay 12, 2018
Direct management difficult to work with on a day to day basis. Hardest part of the job was never sure what you would be dealing with in regards to his day to day dealing with staff.
volunteer
Patient Account Payable (Volunteer) (Former Employee) –  Stafford, CTApril 18, 2018
I volunteer for this position after i finish Billing and coding class. Everyone was friendly and welcoming. I did 2 days a week and food was free for volunteer. They were willing to teach me and i learn a lot in those couple of months.
Pros
friendly
Cons
I wish they had a opening
Overall review of a cashiers daily role
Payment Applicationn specialist (Current Employee) –  Franklin, INApril 9, 2018
JMH 's goal is customer service and providing excellent service to the community. Over the years I have learned how to multi task, and how to work in a team environment. Hardest part of the job is sometimes it can be stressful, knowing you have deadlines to meet .
Benefits
Cons
Could use more staffing for department needs
Nice place to work but not enought consistency in work hours.
Float Pool RN (Current Employee) –  Franklin, INApril 9, 2018
JMH is a great hospital to work for. However, at this time it is difficult to get hours need to support my family. Our unit is currently overstaffed and there are not enough patients to keep all the staff working.
Haven't worked there in several years
RN and LPN (Former Employee) –  Franklin, INApril 4, 2018
Not a very challenging hospital as they do not tend to have complex patients. Most complex patients are stabilized and sent to Indy hospitals. It is a very small hospital with lots of cliques.
Decent
PAYMENT APPLICATION SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Johnson County, INMarch 28, 2018
Good place to work as far as overall employer. Learned a little about creating spreadsheets in Excel.
Management overwhelmed with new Computer system, so attitude flows downhill....
Great Co-workers.
Excellent
Diagnostic Radiologic Technologist (Current Employee) –  Stafford Springs, CTMarch 8, 2018
Excellent communication with all departments makes working here very comfortable as a third shift x-ray , cat-scan technologist, I highly recommend this hospital for both fellow techs and patients that have to be treated!
great staff willing to help
Physician Assistant-Certified (Former Employee) –  Stafford Springs, CTFebruary 25, 2018
working in the ER can be very stressful as the condition of the patient can change from one to another
great providers as well as nurses and ancillary staff
I learned alot on caring for different patients
Difficultly was knowing some of the patients died despite effort
Pros
great staff and working conditions
Cons
no benefits
Community Atmosphere
Patient Ambassador/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Franklin, INFebruary 21, 2018
JMH is like a large family that is supportive of its employees and their growth. Working in the kitchen provides a great first job for a younger individual.
People are nice
Charge Nurse - Emergency Room, House Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Franklin, INJanuary 10, 2018
Nice place to work, lower pay than Indianapolis. Pretty nice small hospital. Expanding services which will help provide to the local residents. I like it.
Enlightening
Manager Clinival Engineering Dept (Former Employee) –  Franklin, INDecember 28, 2017
Small hospital with a big hospital Administration
Employees are all friendly and helpful
I was able to learn how to negotiate for my department needs in budget times. I was able to mentor a friend and my only department member.
A great place to work
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Franklin, INDecember 7, 2017
It was a great place to work, good management. Very Cheap Healthcare and good benefits. My day would consists of cleaning a specific area of the hospital. Long lunch breaks and good coworkers. would recommend working there.
Pros
Long lunch, good benefits
Cons
Smoking not allowed on location, sometimes people from jail next door would come into the lobby and loiter
Lack of tools to do your job
Medical Billing Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Franklin, INSeptember 28, 2017
The expectations of the job completed are higher routinely than the tools given to accomplish the job - staffing issues continue and attempting to gain the help you need is virually impossible.
Pros
Excellent paid time off policy
Cons
lack of staffing
johnson memorial hospital
Certified Phlebotomy Technician (Current Employee) –  Franklin, INAugust 11, 2017
Its a good hospital to work at, small hospital feel, plenty of time with patients. Most everyone is kind willing to help. Patients can be difficult, new computer system is difficult.
Stressful and outdated environment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  franklin inAugust 6, 2017
The department i am in is a very difficult area. There is no modern means to do your job in a timely manner. I have been there over a year and a half and have not to this day had training. Director is extremely hateful at times, when asking questions you are asked if you have read the policy regarding the question, the policy gets changed and no one is aware of it until the director gets angry. This is the hardest part of the job. There is absolutely no communication on situations that arise. Since I have started i have been told repeatedly to babysit accounts when management is supposed to be handling them at this point. I have never worked anywhere that expected so much but refuses to give you 40 hours to complete the work, nor have i ever had management/director talk to me in such a hateful manner. Extremely rude and makes the work environment extremely negative.
Pros
descent benefits
Cons
very negative work environment and stressful
Great coworkers
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Franklin, INJune 11, 2017
I worked with amazing people but unfortunately the office manager only cared about money...Patient's health is the purpose of working in the medical field
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Un caring management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Johnson Memorial Health. Our community is ready to answer.

Johnson Memorial Health Reviews by Location