Johnson Memorial Medical Center Employee Reviews

Productive Workplace
Director of Corporate Business Development (Former Employee) –  Stafford Springs, CTAugust 24, 2017
Allowed me the ability to develop operational opportunities which led to growth in market share for a complete continuum of care within a health care system.
A great place too work
Office Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Enfield, CTJanuary 19, 2017
I started work at 7:00 Am setting up the rooms for incoming patients.This was helpful to the patients as well as the nurses. I worked as the front desk receptionist greeting patients and setting up their charts for the day.I was also responsible for code entering for billing and medical records.I then had to schedule patients for appointments and various testing such as blood work and ct scans or any other testing ordered by the doctors. the coding was the most difficult part of the job because you had to make sure the coding was correct. also this coding needed to be entered into two different systems. i had to review and make sure this was done with accuracy. I assisted the program director as needed with making phone calls and reviewing coding. The culture was friendly and inviting to the patients we worked as a team helping each other.I had learned coding and three different computer systems. I also learned about wound care and the procedures that were beneficial to the patients.We had celebrated holidays and birthdays with lunch and everyone would bring a dish too share. everyone there was supportive.
No job
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTMarch 20, 2016
I've applied so many times, I have a 4.0gpa and excellent customer service and phlebotomy skills. It's a shame they won't give me a chance.
Not that great
RN Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Enfield, CTJanuary 7, 2016
I've been with them for about 6 months and they have lost 4 RNs, a supervisor, front desk attendant, hospice/social work scheduler, and, to top it off, the administrator. Management and leadership seem to be a huge issue with this company. It worked for a minute. Now the demands that are placed on the remaining nurses have become unbearable. I keep hearing "Just give it time" or "Things will be the same at any home care agency". I would hope and pray that the entire home care community is not run in the same manner this place is.
Pros
It's a job for those who love what they do (too bad about the politics of the company)
Cons
Poor work-life balance, poor management and leadership
Work per diem due to current atmosphere
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Stafford Springs, CTFebruary 7, 2015
Work on Med/Surg Floor where there is no leadership. Constantly understaffed with mandation frequently. Typically on days assignment of 6, on nights assignment of 8-9 with 1 CNA/patient care tech. Paper documentation and med administration.
Pros
non
Cons
poor management
Community hospital striving to maintain fiscal viability.
VP Patient Care Services (Former Employee) –  Stafford Springs, CTJune 20, 2014
A portion of the role of VP Patient Care Services was fiscal in nature : participation in bringing the hospital into, out of bankruptcy and ready for affiliation/purchase. The major responsibility was to ensure excellence in patient care practice. The Senior Leadership team worked well together to meet the challangs of hospital reimbursement never loosing focus of best practice and customer service to the community.
Daily activities included problem solving, providing an environment that strives for excellence in patient care and keeps fiscal necessity in mind.
The executive leadership team worked well together, learned from each others strengths and never lost focus of the goal.
The most rewarding part of the job was assisting the Directors in developing their leadership skills, striving for excellence and maintaining balance between work and family.
The most challanging part of the job was finding the financial means to support the increase cost of proving care.
Pros
Autonomy
Great Conpay
Nutrition Aide (Current Employee) –  Stafford Springs, CTAugust 16, 2013
They are a great company to work for. They are a small town hospital with big dreams.
Fast paced environment while gaining experience with co-workers
Physical Therapist Assistant (Current Employee) –  Enfield,CT in outpatient clinicJune 19, 2013
I enjoy the business of the outpatient setting. I especially enjoy my interactions with all my patients. I find the routines in my daily schedule rewarding. Such as, opening the clinic, organizing my patients thru the day and of course all the therapy I provide to the people I treat.
Pros
pleasant work environment, flexibility with my schedule