Johnsonville Sausage Employee Reviews

Fun place
Sanitation Worker (Former Employee) –  Sheboygan, WIOctober 27, 2018
Easy work place great people to work with out there working with them is great people allways careing when you come to work you all ways have help mostly no working alone
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Far drive
An ok place to work
Stacker (Former Employee) –  Johnsonville, WIAugust 25, 2018
Damp working conditions, very fast line speeds, bring your bed cause you will living there. If you can deal with all these things then you will get the same pay as all the other factories in the area !
Great Culture!
Accountant (Current Employee) –  Sheboygan Falls, WIAugust 20, 2018
Johnsonville provides a culture that promotes personal growth, challenging opportunities, and great amenities! Leadership is open and positive, and members share in the profits of the organization. On-site fitness center, coffee shop, and café are great amenities.
Johnsonville-Using the Business to Build the People
Finance Team Member (Current Employee) –  Sheboygan Falls, WIAugust 20, 2018
Image working for a company where you are a member and your boss is a coach...not just figuratively but literally! At Johnsonville members are encouraged to actively participate beyond their direct roles and the #1 priority of a coach is to mentor and develop. With this type of culture the opportunity for personal and professional growth is without limits. Come be a part of the Johnsonville Way today!
Pros
Monthly bonus program for all employees, generous time off and benefits packages, overall work/life flexibility, on-site RCS cafe, company sponsored volunteer opportunities, career movement
Cons
We run lean but there's plenty of flexibility to offset the fast pace
The best company I have worked for.
Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Sheboygan FallsAugust 20, 2018
Johnsonville is a privately held and employee development focused organization that provides very competitive compensation and benefits. It is a small enough company that an employee gets to experience a broad perspective of the business, but large and growing fast enough to provide ample developmental opportunities. I would strongly recommend Johnsonville to anyone who likes to be collaborative, innovative, and continue to learn and grow in their career.
Pros
Focus on career development, culture, compensation, benefits
Cons
Location, work/life balance during busy times
I Really Enjoyed Johnsonville
Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Sheboygan, WIJuly 27, 2018
Johnsonville pays great love the hours loved the overtime you just have to have a strong back and strong legs to work there they teach you stretches when you start so your body won't hurt though
Fun fast paced environment
Raw sanitation team leader (Current Employee) –  Sheboygan Falls, WIJuly 17, 2018
It’s easy going and I like it. I am just looking for more time with life not that I have to work 11-12 days in a 2 week period. I am able to accomplish my work load and more
Pros
Benefits and discounts
Cons
Work life balances
Ok
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Sheboygan, WIJuly 3, 2018
A good place to work. Nice compensation plan. Great benefits. Members are able to receive discounts on products. The physical work is very strenuous.
Pros
Bonuses
Cons
Hard physical work
Awesome
General laborer (Former Employee) –  Johnsonville, WIJuly 2, 2018
Fast paced, but fun. You feel the need to accomplish deadlines, for stores, in a non stressful way. A lot of benefits, and a lot of awesome people to work with!
bad communication
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Sheboygan Falls, WIJune 18, 2018
Lack of comm between workers relye on email to much. Look only at what pounds are out not the quality. Managment is never around,and will not help you out .
Pros
pay
Cons
pay

Want to know more about Johnsonville Sausage?

Ask a question
Jvl
Member Services Business Partner Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Momence, ILMay 21, 2018
People that work at JVL great people a lot classes to get better coaching
a lot opportunity to grow
hardest part of job is filling out position but JVL good company it was great working learn alot!!!
Least agonizing job
Packaging (Former Employee) –  Sheboygan Falls, WIMarch 27, 2018
Worked through Staff Management as a "temporary" full time associate. Was paid a lower wage than the Johnsonville members even though we did the same physical work. A $4 or more difference at that time.

Most days were a fun, fast paced working environment. Some days there would be a whole lot of unnecessary drama that even the supervisors would be drawn into.

Working as a temp gave us the benefit of leaving early if someone showed up that was extra, especially if you were there for the second part of their first shift. A nice surprise for us on some days.

Would be treated like we didn't know anything by the main supervisor, even if we were there for years.

I hope they have changed since I have worked there, because they could be better toward the temporary associates!
Pros
two breaks, sometimes got to leave early
Team players and fun co-employess
Employee (Current Employee) –  Momence, ILMarch 17, 2018
I am leaning about the food processing and packaging in this company
I enjoy the environment with my partners and supervisors
Frequently the technical issues of the robots in the production line stop the work
Pros
workplace culture
Cons
2nd shift
Great people, Great place to be working at
Temp to Hire (Former Employee) –  Sheboygan Falls, WIMarch 5, 2018
Great people to work with, there are some bad apples, but there are even more awesome workers filled compassion. The management is fair. It's fast pace, but it's a good fast pace job that keeps you busy and makes time fly by. I loved working at Meadow-side plant on 2nd shift, because we had a great team and a great management. I would go back to work there asap, only if I was guarantee a full time job. I left the place because of competition among the temp. workers competing for a full time job and they required a GED or HSED, which I don't have. I have the necessity skills and experience required to get a full time job there, but no diploma which was a bugger. I would recommend this to whoever is looking for a job.
Pros
Great people, great management
Cons
Competitive, long waiting line, GED or HSED Requirment, random/unstable job hours
Official response from Johnsonville Sausage
March 15, 2018

Thank you for the great feedback! We have several full-time direct-hire production positions available right now that do not require a GED/HSED! Check them out and apply online at www.jobs.johnsonville.com/careers.

Have a great day!

It's true that you leave a bad manager and not a company
Technician (Former Employee) –  Sheboygan Falls, WIFebruary 7, 2018
It's true that you leave a bad manager and not a company. While it's a great company in theory not many of the managers follow the vision and so it rots from within.
First real job
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Sheboygan Falls, WIFebruary 5, 2018
Had a blast there! Got to have fun back then but still took pride in our work and we learned a lot. There weren't so many rules when I worked there in High School.
Positive place to work
Office Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Watertown, WIJanuary 23, 2018
Diverse in culture and employment, with emphasis on being a team player. At Johnsonville, employees are known as members because they are part of a team.

You are treated like part of the winning crowd and they do a lot for theri members with showing appreciation and providing everyone with excellent benefits.
Not fhat great
Harvest processing (Former Employee) –  Watertown, WIJanuary 17, 2018
I hated it. Its an interesting job but thr physical toll it took on my hands was enough to make me leave. I couldn't open my hands after a week working. The pain i had kept me from doing normal daily activities and interacting with my child. They're super strict on missing days of work. You DO NOT get to listen to music there is no stopping the line if you need to do something. Corporatly its a good company. But this is not a place id want to stay at long
Pros
Discount
Cons
Everything else
Great, safe place to work.
Sanitation Technician (Former Employee) –  Sheboygan Falls, WIDecember 31, 2017
Johnsonville was a safe place to work. We always did stretches before we started work to help loosen muscles to avoid tears, strains, and injuries. Then we would get suited up and grab a hose and other equipment we needed to for work and get started. I learned
a lot about different types of chemicals such as Neutrals, acids, and alkaline. Management at Johnsonville were called coach's, they are easy going and made time if you needed to talk or had an issue to handle. The workplace was an upbeat, fun, fast-paced work place. until the breaks and after the shift you are always moving and doing something to pass the time. There really wasn't anything that was to hard working as a team made the work experience easier. The most enjoyable part about the job was the workplace I had music to work with, a great team and our coach worked with us.
Pros
cash bonus, healthcare
Poor management
Packager/Assember (Former Employee) –  Watertown, WIDecember 26, 2017
Hardest part of the job was working with poor management and working in cold conditions. I learned safety skills and also about OSHA and USDA regulations and guidelines.
Benefits
Cons
Management, work temperatures

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Johnsonville Sausage. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about