Johnston Health Employee Reviews

Very good
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Smithfield, NCJuly 17, 2019
Great staff and management, the shift goes by very quickly and it is fast paced work. Human Resources are very good with making sure you stay up to date with everything going on and management holds meetings about once a month
Poor management
Registrar (Former Employee) –  Smithfield, NCJune 9, 2019
Too many chiefs. Management allows minor level employees free run over registration employees. Complaints and suggestions are futile, not recognized by management. Duties unfairly assigned. Hostile and punitive work environment.
Great experience working at Johnston Health!
Decision Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Smithfield, NCMay 17, 2019
I hate to leave, but I have to relocate to Kansas for my wife’s Family Medicine residency. Johnston Health’s Finance department has a great culture, the work is challenging, and there is plenty of opportunity for advancement.
Rn
CLINICAL NURSE (Former Employee) –  smithfield, ncApril 16, 2019
Worked as an RN. The nurse/patient ratios were not great. I moved jobs to be closer to home and have lower nurse/patient ratios. I felt like I could have had a longer orientation.
workplace
Certified Nursing Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Smithfield, NCApril 4, 2019
Working on the 3rd floor of Johnston Health was extremely beneficial to the continuing of my education and work history. The nurses were so friendly and educational as well as helpful. We all worked together as a team and got the job done. Uplifting spirits and conversations.
Pros
teamwork
Cons
management changeover
Productive and collaborative
Patient Advocate (Former Employee) –  Smithfield, NCMarch 23, 2019
Good culture, only worked part time. Manager was supportive, flexible schedule. Information system is easy to learn and navigate. Pay has improved recently to compete with other area hospitals.
Very high energy
GYM CHILDCARE ATTENDANT (Current Employee) –  Smithfield, NCJanuary 24, 2019
You have to have great energy to keep up with the children and very organized and structure. Environment very clean and safe for Children of all ages.
Pros
very fun
Cons
No Benefits
The people are nice but the pay stinks.
Patient Financial Counselor (Former Employee) –  Smithfield, NCJanuary 22, 2019
Its a stressful place to work. Everyone is overworked and underpaid. The pay increases are terrible and they can do better. There is high turnover and instead of fixing the problem they would rather loose good people.
Benefits
Cons
Low pay
Never have I
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Smithfield, NCJanuary 12, 2019
Never have I met a bunch of people who would stab you in the back as I have at Johnston Hospital. I had orientation on November 19th. Started working on training modulars and how the hospital pharmacy does things. I have never worked in a hospital setting as per my resume states and let the managers know. I have at least ten years of experience in pharmacy, but not at the hospital and thought this would be something different to try. I was right and I loved the job. So different from working where I work now. I was asking the person that was training me how was I doing and she told me good and that I should have plenty of time to learn everything. I wasn't so confident. These people and several pharmacist would talk about this other staff member that she wasn't good and she called out and had lots of things going on and made so many mistakes. They were very negative towards others and gossipy. After listening to that and trying to learn everything I didn't feel as though I would ever be good enough to work there. Well, at 50 days in I felt like I knew everything except for the Iv's. We really didn't work that much on Iv's and I told the person that was training me that I needed more work on that and she agreed. I found out a few weeks ago that I was pregnant and didn't want to tell anyone, but stuff came up and had to. Now 50 days in I got asked to go into the managers office and we discussed my progress. He was already prepared to fire me. He looked at the reviews of what others were saying and said "I don't see why we need to prolong this". I was so stunned. This was the  more... first feed back that I heard was negative. I thoughtI was doing great. I learned everything, but how to do the Iv's. I really believe this had more to do with me being pregnant, but I can't prove that. I will never ever recommend going to this hospital as an employee or a person. People are so nice to your face and will talk about you behind your back. I have never been fired from a job and I am a hard worker. I have worked for my current employer 16 years. I was so stunned and sad and mad that they knew what was on my resume and knew that I had NO hospital experience, but still wanted me to work there. Yet, I got fired in the first 50 days. WOW! The pay $16.01 totally not worth it either.  less
Don't work there
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  Smithfield, NCJanuary 10, 2019
Don't work there if you don't have to especially in the 90 days I'll fire you for anything and they don't train you. Make sure you go over your resume with them.
Hometown feel
Registered Nurse Intensive Care Unit (Former Employee) –  Smithfield, NCDecember 17, 2018
The staff and my manager are exceptional. Teamwork is awesome. I met some really great people. The pay was comparable to TN. A lot of time spent on paperwork that I wasn't used to at other hospitals.
I enjoy working there. The staff works well together.
CT Technologist (Current Employee) –  Smithfield, NCNovember 13, 2018
My experience has been a positive one working at Johnston Health. I have support of my coworkers in my own department as well as those I interact with on a daily basis.
Pros
Great coworkers
Cons
Not much room for advancement
Patient Access Management
PATIENT ACCESS SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Clayton, NCOctober 19, 2018
Patient Access management creates an environment of distrust, hostility and confusion. Manager and director are out of touch, over worked and choose not to inform, support or assist their staff. Management makes decisions based on personal preferences rather than standard management and hospital practices which causes conflict within the department.
Pros
Great Benefits, very nice great staff, nice facilities
Cons
Poor management within patient access
great place to work
Monitor Technician/Unit Secretary (Current Employee) –  Smithfield, NCOctober 1, 2018
I enjoy working with great people. The staff work together as a team. The rewards are great as for the gifts given by the administration of the hospital.
great place to work
Department Secretary (Current Employee) –  Smithfield, NCSeptember 22, 2018
Very fun and relaxed place to work. Really like my job and people I work with. It is a stable job security. Company is wonderful and people are friendly and professional.
Fast Paced Environment for Respiratory Therapists
Respiratory Care Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Smithfield, NCSeptember 17, 2018
I did not enjoy my time at this hospital. Although I usually love respiratory care, my time at this hospital was spent being a neb jockey. Night therapists hit the floor running due to the very full assignments at Johnston healthcare. I often did between 25 and 40 neb treatments per evening. Working in the ICU department with vent patients was not much improvement. There were no protocols that a therapist can use to make decisions about patient care. Even the most minimal changes had to be authorized by a doctor. There did not seem to be much respect for the individual therapist and job performance was based primarily on quantity. There are those that may enjoy and thrive in this type of atmosphere but I did not.
Pros
decent meal options for overnight staff
Cons
lact of protocols for respiratory staff; department culture
n\a
Assist in patient ADLs (Former Employee) –  Smithfield, NCAugust 30, 2018
Work hard. Do your job. Let your manager know if there is something going on that you do not like because they are always usually the last to know. A lot of good staff.
security
Security Officer (Full-time) (Current Employee) –  Smithfield, NCAugust 10, 2018
I work with security here and they want to get you in trouble or write tickets after they told you to park some where. if I could redo my pick my site to work at it wouldn't be JMH Smithfield they are jokes
Pros
Cons
be walked over
Emergency Department, Clayton
Staff RN (Former Employee) –  Clayton, NCJuly 5, 2018
Most staff members are hard working and enjoyable to work with. Management of the department is awful and mostly non-existent, especially for night shift. Management places no value on people, you are simply a heartbeat with a license and a dollar amount on the budget.
Pros
Staff, differentials
Cons
Management, hourly pay, staffing
Johnston Health is very biased and they do not follow their own policies.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Smithfield, NCJune 7, 2018
The management team interprets the policy as they see fit and to meet their need. The department had been restructured 3 times in the last 2 years. Our hours were changed, we went from being a M-F department to being expected to work holidays and weekends without compensation.
Pros
fellow employees
Cons
management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Johnston Health. Our community is ready to answer.

Johnston Health Reviews by Location