Joie Employee Reviews

Save Yourself
Sales Supervisor (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 2, 2018
This company is performing poorly ever since new management stepped in. There is lack of corporate communication and no room for growth in the company, not that you would want to because they can't even afford to pay their employees a respectable wage. Although you are allotted a certain amount of clothing allowance per month,which is part of your pay, don't expect to receive any because no one has in months. They are incredibly disorganized, no one knows what they're doing, the quality of the fabric is cheap and ugly but the blame is placed on store employees for not being able to sell it when in reality they should maybe hire a new designer and trend forecasting crew.
Great work environment
Associate Account Executive (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 6, 2018
There was a great work-life balance, my coworkers were more than coworkers, they became family. We loved coming into work and working hard as a team to achieve our goals.
Pros
Coworkers and benefits
Cons
No advancement
Difficult working environment
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 27, 2018
Nice product and compensation for store leadership. Many nice head office employees too, unfortunately some practices make for a toxic experience in many of the stores. You and your team will be remotely observed on camera and given feedback from that. Sales team has somewhat unrealistic exceptions and low competitive compensation, resulting in high turn. Communication and direction is often a miss.
Challenging work
Textile Artist - Freelance, onsite (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 12, 2018
The work was challenging. Pay was good but temporary. Pay was 1099 so I had to pay my taxes later. Work was challenging but there was no real supervisor.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
temporary
Workplace
Stylist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 29, 2017
I would never work here again the staff at meatpackinh is very fake and they all talk about customers who never buy anything oh and they talk about each other too.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Everything else
typical day typical times
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 16, 2017
. i learned how to sell.

. I learned how to clientele

. typical day involves greeting clients and doing paper work

.management is just ok

.team environment encouraged

.hardest part of job is a lot of down time

.best part of job cultivating relationships
Pros
clothing allowance
Cons
down time. low growth potential
Leadership constantly changing
Product Development (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 16, 2017
Have been at the company for 5 years. Opportunity to grow from Customer Service Rep to Product Development, but there has been a new executive team every year which has made it a new start every year with new leadership with new processes and procedures.
Pros
hard working people
Cons
not getting paid what I should be
Not professional
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Newport Beach, CAAugust 7, 2017
not an amazing place to work. no break area. management is very unprofessional. theres a lot of sitting around and upper anagement is very disorganized.
Not very flexible
Sales Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Cabazon, CAJuly 27, 2016
I was the first team to open up the first outlet. Corporate management was very strict. Commission structure wasn't reasonable or fair. I'm a full time student and scheduling was very difficult. It was not very flexible and eventually I grew to know that there was no where for me to grow anymore.
Pros
clothing allowance
Cons
Poor corporate management and commission structure
Good
Former Design Intern (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaMay 27, 2015
I learned how a corporation company works compare to a small company. My supervisor taught me things like how design team and development team working together, I was very appreciated as I was only an intern. They are always looking for new talent and are willing to give students who works hard a chance.