Joliet Junior College Employee Reviews

n/a
Achievement as Medical Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Joliet, ILFebruary 8, 2019
Joliet Junior College is a great school for learning. I went for Medical Billing & Coding. It was hard work learning all the terminology and coding but I made it! Received my certificate of Achievement as Medical Billing Specialist.
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
No cons.. awesome experience
No benefits, No advancement, No growth
Lead Teacher (Current Employee) –  Joliet, ILJanuary 23, 2019
The workplace culture is diverse in other departments. The most enjoyable part of my job is connecting with the families of my young students. I am a part time employee with no opportunity of advancement nor benefits.
Pros
Plenty of professionals to relate to.
Cons
No benefits.
Nepetism at its finest.
Professor (Former Employee) –  JolietJanuary 21, 2019
This school only cares about enrollment and money coming in. I never met an administrator that could actually teach something. They will not support you and say they care about the student, but don’t. The college president has never taught a class and leads educators? Pathetic
Pros
Looking back, no pros of working here
Friendly and helpful environment
3D Tutoring Services / Teacher's Assistant (Former Employee) –  Joliet, ILNovember 30, 2018
I worked as a media tutor for Joliet Junior College's Disability Services. I was genuinely impressed with how much availability for learning they give to those who seek or need it. Compensation was fair and the amount of praise I was given always gave me the satisfaction that I was making a difference.
Pros
Friendly, hardworking, helpful
Educaational Institute
Student (Current Employee) –  Joliet, IllinoisOctober 6, 2018
Excellently managed, Friendly atmosphere. Fair treatment. Good culture. They have a great library, brand new cafeteria with excellent food. As employees, you can get you get your car worked on while you work..
Develop Leadership Skills
New Student Orientation Leader (Former Employee) –  Joliet, ILSeptember 16, 2018
A great place for a student to work, as they are very accommodating to your class schedule. The mentorship and leadership you receive and develop are great. I would look at this as a paid intenrship, since it is a student job, the wage is low.
Pros
Works around your student schedule, friendly atmosphere
Cons
Low wage
Stable and able to adapt to the workplace in great steady fun acts of job title.
Grounds keeper in grounds division (Former Employee) –  Joliet, ILSeptember 2, 2018
In regards of temp job. It was best so far to earn money for survival in living life. Adapted rightouesly in comfort. Pay is great to keep moving and be responsive to any responsibilities on the work site. Flex hours to greaten the time worked
Pros
Placed lunch
Cons
Overtime pay and months work to get raise
Great
assistant (Former Employee) –  Joliet, ILJuly 17, 2018
Great place to work with great coworkers and mentors. Great hours and decent pay. Always ways to learn new responsibilities. Not great for career advancement.
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Joliet, ILJune 13, 2018
My department is a great place to work, but I can't speak to all areas. Most upper level promotions seem to go to outside candidates rather than internal.
Joliet Junior College
Groundskeeper/Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Joliet, ILJune 1, 2018
At Joliet Junior College I worked as assistant groundskeeper. Where I learn to work as team-player,grit,and being punctual.Also, I learned how operate different types of grounds-keeping machinery.
Pros
The pros are the Job was eating lunch as team and the camaraderie.
Cons
N/a
Different
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Joliet, ILMay 31, 2018
I was hired through JJC but worked at an elementary school for America Reads. I definitely did everything but tutor though. Nothing i did was on my job description.
Pros
Raise after a year
Cons
only 20 hrs
Productive and very helpful place
Intern (Current Employee) –  Morris, ILMay 29, 2018
I am currently interning at the Morris Campus Workforce Development and I also am a recent graduate with my GED and going to Joliet Junior College was amazing. Staff helped me very thoroughly and I was very pleased with the greetings and how friendly they were. I love JJC!
Pros
wonderful environment
Cons
no cons
I would not work there
Dean of Enrollment Management (Former Employee) –  Joliet, ILMay 25, 2018
Work life balance is not good. Management micromanages. Knowledge of college laws and regulations limited. Communication does not flow between upper and middle management.
Assistant Secretary (Current Employee) –  Joliet, ILMay 18, 2018
I have work to do but I need to keep busy and need a challenge in my job. I have been trying to get full-time for some time and when I get to the interview, I think I do ok but I never get any feedback on what I should be doing to improve myself. I want to stay here but if I cannot get anything full-time at JJC in the near future, I will be forced to look elsewhere for a full-time position.
Pros
Love the people that I work with
Cons
No benefits
summary
Cross Country Assistant Coach (Current Employee) –  Joliet, ILApril 26, 2018
I love coming in and being apart of a culture that promotes excellence for its students. Management is easy to work with. The hardest part is the flexibility
Probably one of my favorite jobs to date
Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Joliet, ILApril 20, 2018
I worker at the JJC farmers Market and the Fitness Center when i went there. Both Jobs were pleasant and did not ask for to much. They worked around my schedule and the management was probably the most pleasant people to be around.
Pros
Kind management, nice atmosphere
Cons
Most of it was temporary work
Excellent junior college with high expectations for all students.
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Joliet, ILMarch 29, 2018
As an adjunct English instructor, I was not on campus usually more than 3 days a week for about 4-5 hours a day. Faculty members were generally quite helpful in sharing teaching tools and ideas for in-class work. I had a very good relationship with my students, and they seemed to respond well to me. JJC offered much to its students, i.e. numerous clubs, tutoring centers, academic counseling, etc. While I loved teaching and working with my students, the only part of the job that could get frustrating was all the essays to grade because I wanted to be sure the students knew exactly what mistakes they were making.
Decent coworkers made the time go by
Groundskeeper (Former Employee) –  Joliet, ILMarch 19, 2018
Good student job that was flexible around my schedule when I needed them to change it due to being active within the school in various clubs. Overall, a good job.
Grounds
Groundskeeper (Former Employee) –  Joliet, ILFebruary 10, 2018
If you like to work with a bunch of drama queens this place is for you. Alot of Back stadding under the buss thorwing. Work for little pay and low weekly hours. No room to move up. When you think you can a" janitor" will come and jump your spot bc they have more years in
Good Lab Experience
Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Joliet, ILFebruary 1, 2018
If you're looking to pick up some extra time working in labs then this is a good place to look. Supervisors tend to be fair and will work around your schedule (to a certain degree). Doesn't pay very well.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Joliet Junior College. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.7InHerSight Score

3.4Personal Development

4.2Career Opportunities

3.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight