Jon M. Hall Company logo

Work-Life Balance

Jon M. Hall Company insights

What people like
  • Fair pay for job
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Inclusive work environment

pipe layer

a typical work day would be getting 300 feet or better in the ground I enjoy my job when everyone is on the same page the hardest thing about my job is waking up

Cold Environment and Training is nearly non-existent

Not a good office environment. You can feel the tension and fear of job loss within the office. The amount of work they pile on you without any training is absurd. If you ask a question you will be told to go to your "how to" handbook. No explanation of the "why" things are done. The "handbook" is not regularly updated and there are constant changes on how to do things. This is the worst place I have ever seen when it comes to teamwork.

I loved working at Jon M Hall..I’ve learned to work as a team & make the job fun..Be great at what you are doing..

Jon M Hall is full with lots of nice ppl willing to help out or help you if there’s any problem on the field..When operating an equipment,you would have to check out the machine your operating before starting just to make sure the machine has everything it need before heading out in the field..

A typical day at work

Water pipes, heavy machinery, paint, garbage cleaning, maintenance of electric and gas pipes, concrete, dirty water pipes, work at heights, etc. were put on.

Dinamico responsable

Muy bien en el trabajo de la mudanza y responsable de todo

Job seekers rely on your experience.

Great Employer

Great Opportunities and advancement opportunities. Flexible supervisors and overtime opportunities available. Great benefits and starting pay. Will teach

Site development

With this company you will do manual labor for a site development company. Whether it's operating heavy equipment to digging holes for piping. It's a normal site development company.

Very productive my foreman was very fast pace

I'm a very hard worker it's nothing asked that i wouldn't do i work on a crew that was short staff so you have to make up for the lost staff my boss was ok he also helped out when needed unfortunately i had to take a leave of absence for personal reason and didn't qualify for FMLA because my time employed at the company so my position wasn't held

Awesome

Team oriented environment, foreman and superintendents are fair and willing to train dedicated employees. Opportunity for advancement, positive work environment

Pros

Great place

Cons

I know how to us a roller i know how to us any hand tools . I learn quick I get a long with people I can do anything

I like the Job it just was not euff work in I don't like doing nothing .I love the job but need more money an days . The break times was ok but they rust u

Jobs at Jon M. Hall Company

See more jobs

A nice company but not for me

The management was not consistent with their rules and regulations and not clear. Otherwise the employees were very friendly. management needed to put rules and regulations in print.

Pros

friendly employees

Cons

poor management

Great company!

Excellent pay and management! If I only lived closer to Orlando I would still be with the company! Management always reponded, gave us the tools we needed, and honestly, they we're flat out cool to work with!

Pros

Everything! LOVED waking up every Friday morning seeing my direct deposit!

Cons

Tint the work truck windows lol, it will save you money in the long run! Oh yeah, HR ladies need to work on their English, very frustrating!

not particually a fun place to work. poor management, poor communication

didn't really like working here. communication was not one of their strong points, but that could have been me. I think i was on the way out right from the get go.

Pros

they do leave you alone to do your job

Cons

paying for health benefits without receiving health card for a month, very expensive health benenfits, micromanagement, poor communicatin

Good place to work were I was taught how to use tools and work with my hands.

A typical day consisted of getting all the tools an material that we needed for the run of pipe we were going to lay together. After that we would start laying the pipe in the ground, either storm pipes, sewer, reuse, ect. The job was a good job to learn an gain experience from.
  • Jon M. Hall Company