Jonathan's Place

Jonathan's Place Employee Reviews

please don't work here if you truly care about the whole child and want to make a difference. you will be frustrated. mentally drained and underpaid..
Don’t work here
From the CEO to Assistant Director of residential facilities, it SUCKS! They don’t care about their employees and the work environment is messy in every aspect. If it wasn’t for those kids, a lot of RCPs would leave immediately.
Pros
The impact you can have on the kids
Cons
Management, poor pay, gossip, etc
Not that great
not that great, a lot of stress for little pay. management was incompetent. the benefits were decent but didn't compensate for the stressful situations that occurred. management offered no support.
Positive Experience
Being on the foster care and adoption team was a great experience that I will remember forever. My manager and coworkers made work feel like a home away from home. Though the job required many extra hours on the job and at home, there was flexibility and support when needed, such as when I got sick or had personal appointments. The learning experiences were outstanding, as I had a very patient and supportive manager. I was given countless opportunities to obtain extra training and apply new knowledge. It was difficult having to be on call outside normal office hours, but worth it to be a part of such a great cause.
Productive and caring environment.
Service orientated company serving families in the greater Dallas and surrounding cities. Very supportive work atmosphere, and a enjoyable organization.
Pros
Free meals
Cons
No official breaks.
Not a good place to work
Managers feel like they can talk to you anyway. They are very rude towards their employees. It's a lot of work for very little pay. I did not enjoy my time while I was working there.
Hard job, but great people
I worked as a foster care/adoption case manager. I loved what I was able to do but the time I put in the job was too much for me. There were days I would work 12 hours, and that was normal. There was a lot weekend trainings I had to attend or lead. Compensation is what is it for a non-profit working in foster care. The best part of this job were the foster families, the kids, and the people I worked with. I felt everyone in my department put the children first and did an amazing job.
typical day as a tissue/teacher to aged 4 and under
Typically my day would start at 6am and end around 2 or 230.
I learned how to deal with children and parents in every situation imaginable. The management wasn't bad, it did lack in proper compensation for workers.

Co-workers ranged from super helpful to down-right undermining.

The hardest part of the job was when you couldn't achieve the things you really wanted to achieve in the time frame and in the budget given. The best part of the job was definitely the children. They were so much fun and worth most of the things we had to do to get the job done.
Has a game room an library for the kids .
A typical day would be everyday was a different day that's what I loved about my job . The hardest part was the long hours away from my family on the weekends . I loved working with both shelter an cottage ladies . The most enjoyable part of my job was the kids .
Pros
Being able to make a child smile or hold them when the cryed .
Cons
Upper mangent did`nt care about the little people .
Kids were always put first.
Working with kids 2-18 years old. Helping and encouraging them in daily routines, school work, life skills, hygiene and one on one therapeutic talk. Acting as a role model to all children at the work place and helping them plan and achieve goals. Taking each girl to school, doctor’s appointments and fun outings.
Pros
working with the girls
Cons
lack of irganizational skills in the company
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Jonathan's Place. Our community is ready to answer.
2.8