Jones Memorial Hospital Employee Reviews

day a jones
LSS Physician Medical Billing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Wellsville, NYMarch 19, 2019
I'm a medical billing representative.
Very busy pace, but like the work and volume
workplace is a clean and pleasant office, professional
management is easy to work with
benefits
Cons
short staff
Workplace Culture
Director of ICU and Cardiopulmonary Services (Former Employee) –  Wellsville, NYJuly 12, 2018
Jones Memorial is always looking at ways to improve patient care and improve employee morale and the retention of their staff. This is a great small town community hospital.
Hostile Environment
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Wellsville, NYJanuary 27, 2018
Providers bully and intimidate other staff members, making work very stressful. New drama and gossip daily. Definitely favoritism going on. Poor management. No benefits and lower pay scale than other hospitals in the area. I tried to give this place the benefit of the doubt and stuck it out far too long. It didn’t get any better. While I met many friendly and helpful nurses, the negatives always outweighed the positives for me. The workload itself wasn’t terrible but understaffing was usually an issue. In summary, definitely not my idea of a healthy work environment.
Pros
Some helpful staff
Cons
Workplace bullying
Small Hospital
Hospital supervisor, charge nurse obstetrical unit (Former Employee) –  Wellsville, NYJanuary 23, 2018
For a small hospital, it provided the utmost top rated care and provided staff and patients a very good place to come. It was a great place to work and to be a patient.
poor
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Wellsville, NYJanuary 2, 2018
you try to do your job but in the end there's always people trying to ruin it for you. its hard to work at a place like that. favortism is all around this place.
“Girls Club” hostile work environment
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Wellsville, NY 14895November 27, 2017
As other reviews already said it’s full of petty gossip and back stabbing and management is well aware but makes exceptions for “senior staff” so they don’t want to leave. The favoritism almost ensures that only hand picked employee have a chance of advancement.
Pros
Cafeteria
Cons
Very little benefit for part time (earning time off, sick, no healthcare)
Jones is a nice place to work with nice people.
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Wellsville, NYSeptember 6, 2017
Jones is a nice place to work with nice people. No benefits as I was part-time. Cafeteria has pretty decent food most of the time. Parking isn't the best.
admissions and switchboard operator
PBX OPERATOR/ADMISSIONS CLERK (Former Employee) –  Wellsville, NYAugust 29, 2017
admit and discharge patients, file paperwork, fax and copy reports, answer switchboard transfer calls to appropriate departments, take payments sort and deliver mail.
Work
Central Supply Technician (Former Employee) –  Wellsville, NYJuly 6, 2017
A typical day at work would be going in and changing into scrubs that were provided by the hospital. then reporting for report so you knew if cases were added for the day and what needed to be back up again for the day.
No one here is actually happy to be here
Registration Clerk (Current Employee) –  Wellsville, NYMay 12, 2017
This place is just like high school. We have every click imaginable. Full of bullies and back stabbers. Don't be fooled by the smiling faces. The directors don't care for their employees. It's every man for them selves. If you're thinking about applying for something other than dietary or house keeping and have no experience, even if you have that education I wouldn't bother applying, they don't like training newbies.
Pros
Food is good
Cons
Pay sucks, the people suck
Jones Memorial
Unit Secretary (Current Employee) –  Wellsville, NY 14895June 2, 2016
Jones Memorial is a small rural hospital, which allows its employees to become not only coworkers but friends. Friendly welcoming atmosphere.
Always rewarded for jobs well done.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Wellsville, NYApril 11, 2016
Wonderful team players, extremely competent in providing a wide range of nursing care.
Our manager was always there for our every need, an "Open Door Policy".
The hardest part of the job in the ER was when we were filled, and would receive multiple trauma victims.
Our ER team was awesome, in which I will miss tremendously.
Pros
Always rewarded for job well done
Cons
We could've utilized a triage Nurse.
Transparent
Director of Surgical Services (Current Employee) –  Wellsville, NYApril 8, 2015
I like that the organization is transparent with most information. They engage their staff. The CEO is involved in keeping staff informed of the organizational changes.
Pros
transparent
Friendly, kind caring environment
Coder (Current Employee) –  Wellsville, NYMarch 25, 2015
Enjoy working with the JMH team. Everyone is caring and compassonate. I enjoyed the flexibility in my job. I have been able to grow and learn from continuining education.
Gossip, Back Stabbing, No "Team Players"
Radiology (Former Employee) –  Wellsville, NYNovember 19, 2014
Managers of "Departments" do not treat employees equally!! All your hard work and dedication will go unnoticed, only get told about what you haven't done. Take your expertise to a hospital that cares about it's employees.
Pros
Compensation is in the median or above average for a small hospital.
Cons
Peyton Place, gossip, etc, etc.
Small hospital with big heart.
Controller (Former Employee) –  Wellsville, NYSeptember 24, 2014
Healthcare is in a state of flux and small hospitals are being forced to align with larger ones. That leaves a lot of uncertainty for the employees of the smaller hospitals.
Great Pay and benefits.
Groundskeeper (Former Employee) –  Wellsville, NYAugust 21, 2014
Always keeps you busy. Never a dull day. The hardest part of working here is the hours.
Pros
Free Lunches.
Cons
Long shifts, 10-15 hours long.
favortism, gossip mill
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Wellsville, NYJanuary 20, 2014
some people here were nice, others not. you can tell who worked hard and who didn't. my co-workers were nice and helpful to an excent. you can easily get fired because of all the gossip and false accusations people say about you. in the end all your hard work means nothing to them. your just another body.
Pros
pay is ok
Cons
gossiping is rampant, other people not working up to they're ability
Too far to drive; employees not treated equally.
Patient Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Wellsville, NYSeptember 5, 2013
This facility is in Wellsville and I felt it was too far to drive, especially in the winter. Not all employees were treated equally.
Pros
Nice co-workers
Cons
Unfair treatment of employees
Wide variety of experience in a small town
Staff Sonographer (Current Employee) –  Wellsville, NYMay 7, 2012
At Jones Memorial Hospital there are two locations to have an ultrasound performed. One is at the hospital itself where out-patients are scheduled daily and there are add-on in-patients and ER patients. The other location is at the OB/GYN office down the road where mainly scheduled OB and GYN exams are performed. There are three sonographers and we work on a rotating schedule so there can be a call person for the evening and weekend times.
Our radiologist group comes into the hospital from out of town and they are all very knowledgeable in different modalities and specialties. They are willing to work with the staff so we can perform the best exam possible for them to read and for the patient's care.
Jones Memorial is placed in a small town but is the largest hospital in the county. Everyone in the department is very close and those relationships do extend into other departments also. Sometimes that can be a good and bad thing as having personal topics come into the work place can cause unnecessary problems. Some days can be tough because it seems as though almost everyone knows everything. However, being an outsider like myself, it does not seem to get in the way of anything since I don't know anyone personally in that respect.
The hospital is constantly striving to achieve great survey scores and patient care trends. I am always willing to play any part in that role and help the patients see that they are number one when in our care.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Jones Memorial Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

Jones Memorial Hospital Reviews by Location