Jordan's Furniture Employee Reviews

Not great but not bad
Overnight Picker (Current Employee) –  East Taunton, MAOctober 1, 2018
This company is run well overall but not as much on the distribution level. The pay and benefits are pretty good but the management is just mediocre. The staffing is a bit confusing as far as workers to workload, both too much and too little depending on the department.
Pros
good pay, good company
Cons
unorganized, mismanagement of staffing
What s retail job should be!
Sleep Technician (Current Employee) –  New havenAugust 13, 2018
Simply the best retail job I've ever had. I will retire from this position. Having 3 days off to dsee my kids is absolutely priceless. My co workers are professional and highly motivated people whom are excellent representatives for our industry.
Pros
Benefits, pay, work life
Great company
Sleep Technician (Former Employee) –  MassachusettsJune 7, 2018
Great team.. training is impeccable.. must be committed to weekends and Holliday’s indefinitely. Great income however no raises straight commission...
Pros
Great money
Cons
Lack of personal life
Wasnt the best working environment ive been in
Cashier (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTNovember 6, 2018
My experience working at Jordan's Furniture wasn't what i imagined. The general manager had her favorites, fired those i felt she didnt like,and kept the ones she did. Overall, the team members were really fun to work with. They kept the job interesting.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Short breaks
Great company!
Sleep Lab Technician (Current Employee) –  Natick, MASeptember 28, 2018
Jordan's Furniture is a great place to work. The people are very nice and supportive. The job was commission only and paid very well. The managers help everyone and listen to your needs as well. I cannot say enough good things about Jordan's. I would recommend them for anyone thinking of working in the furniture retail industry.
Pros
great people and a very good income.
Cons
the weekend schedule is tough on young families.
Jordan's Furniture does Retail the Right Way
Sales Consultant/ Sleep Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Reading, MAOctober 9, 2018
Jordan's Furniture is where I truly learned what it means to be a sales professional. The company treats their employees as family and truly understands what it is like to work in the retail industry. It is a fun place to work and a great place to make a considerable amount of money!
Cons
Weekend and Holiday Work
It was a friendly work environment with hard working employees that cared about what they did
Warehouse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Avon, MAAugust 2, 2018
I came into work, got dressed and assisted with any customers that needed help at the front desk. I picked up furniture with a pallet jack and loaded the furniture in a truck or car. Everyone there was real helpful and if you needed a question to be answered anyone would answer it he best way they can. The best part of that job was getting to know the people there and building good relationships.
Good job very competitive
Universal Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Nashua, NHOctober 14, 2017
Learned everything needed from excellent trainers about furniture.
Very competitive work environment. I have nothing negative to say about this company.
Pros
Great compensation for hours worked
Cons
Family Oriented, and very fun to work for!
SALES CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Natick, MADecember 2, 2014
Jordan's Furniture is an amazing family grown company that really shows appreciation for their employees! They offer the best benefits, great training, social settings with contests for the employees, and a tight family vibe!

Jordan's Furniture really felt like my second family and home. I worked there for about 10 years and loved every aspect of the job. I worked in different departments through my time at Jordan's Furniture.

They also do a lot for the community which I feel makes the company more worth working for!
Great company to work with.
Universal Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTMarch 20, 2017
This is a great company to work for, there is a sense that they really do care about their customers and employees. As with any new location, New Haven is still finding its legs, which can mean your sales potential is inconsistent.
Pros
Good benefits, annual bonus, positive workplace culture, four day work week.
Cons
Long shifts standing/walking for 12 hours, inconsistent traffic.
It’s a great place to work
Janitor (Current Employee) –  Natick, MAAugust 12, 2018
I have been working there many years and I fell so good working there I like the job and I love the people
Productive fun work environment
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Nashua, NHJuly 7, 2018
Jordan’s is an amazing company to work for everyone Treats you like family. You are welcomed with open arms. It’s very productive and fun place to work
Jordans Furniture
Merchandise Processor (Former Employee) –  Taunton, MAFebruary 11, 2017
Quality pay and benefits, solid business plan, large growth from year to year. Reasonable expectations and flexibility for employees and customers.
Pros
Paid holidays, good benefits.
Cons
short breaks, small raises
Fun place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Warwick, RIApril 24, 2017
Jordans is a great place to work with many opportunities to work directly with customers. Great benefits and many ways to feel part of a team. Company cares for its employees
Pros
relaxed, fun
Cons
limited opportunities if not in sales
Great company, Very physical job
Merchandise Handler (Current Employee) –  Taunton, MAJanuary 16, 2014
On a typical day, we work hard unloading trucks and putting furniture away. Everyone works together and gets along. The days fly by.
Pros
Great benefits and other perks
Cons
Insufficient wages
The job was hard but I liked it.
SENIOR DELIVERY DRIVER (Former Employee) –  Taunton, MAAugust 15, 2012
Even though the job was hard and was always on the move, I liked what I did.
Pros
money was good.the benefits were also good.
Cons
hardly any breaks. deliveries had to be made on time.
great work place
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Avon, MAMarch 10, 2015
very good and fun, great set of hours. te tam work was amazing my boss was very fair person.
and the store very close to my house, great benefits.
Pros
great people
Ambiente de trabajo divertido
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  ConnecticutMarch 4, 2018
Puedo manejar mi tiempo, excelente trato al empleado y excelente compañerismo.
Excellent management all around!
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Avon, MAFebruary 16, 2016
Passionate management that have the skills to keep the store running successfully at all times. Always trying to improve the quality along with the quantity. No wasteful spending either. Management works with employees to improve. Great job security there. The company continues to grow and shows no sign of slowing down. Many opportunities for advancement.
Pros
Friendly atmosphere, bonuses, supportive, very clean store
Fun workplace
GUEST SERVICES REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Reading, MAMay 2, 2012
A typical day at work involves interacting with guests, answering telephone calls, upselling, answering product and service questions and working as a team.

The management staff is a great team to work with. They are helpful, caring, and they know how to be productive along with making us be productive.

My co-workers are all great people and I love working with them. We all work so well as a team, especially in high traffic situations.

The hardest part of the job is managing my time. The hours don't accomodate my personal schedual.

The most enjoyable part of my job is working with people. I feel as though this job has made me gain a lot of experience in customer service which is always great long term asset.
Pros
working as a team, working in customer service
Cons
the pay, the hours