Jordan's Furniture Employee Reviews

Well... its Ok if you like that environment
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Natick, MAMay 24, 2019
It's retail.. Cut throat. everyone is always on edge and every week feels like its your last...
Could be better but its all about Sales..
Some People are Ok but everyone is alway on watch of what everyone else is doing.. Very competitive sometimes not worth it.
May 30, 2019

Thank you for sharing your review of Jordan’s Furniture. We apologize that you did not have a positive experience. We always look for opportunities to improve as we continue to grow. Again, thank you for your feedback and best of luck with your future endeavors.

Go work somewhere else !!
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTMay 10, 2019
Extremely high pressure environment with the highest level of micromanagement from the writers . Jordan's has fired all of their top writers and they are proud of that . They do not want you to make too much money there. They advertise longevity but do the opposite. Very high turn over with no chance to advance through the company . If you don't plan on making serious money , then this is the job for you . 12-15 miles per day or 30,000 steps it what you will be walking for this job . Extremely competitive environment with pressure and stress.
Pros
4 day work week
Cons
Micromanaging and low pay with high stress
May 30, 2019

Low moral, slow store location, very low pay, very long hours each shift and you have to work every weekend and 8th weekend off- horrible schedule
Furniture Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  NatickMay 10, 2019
Work life culture was, hostile, unethical and unprofessional, I learned that management blames sales staff for low foot traffic. No work/ life balance.
Pros
Some really great talented sales staff. Discount
Cons
Too many to list

Fun place to work
Sleep Technician (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTApril 12, 2019
It's a fun place to work and all the sales people are great to work with, there are two managers on the sales floor in the sleep lab. One is great to work with and the other not so much, she is more on the rude side and doesn't care what anyone has to say. The work life balance is a 0. You'll be working all weekend every weekend with no wiggle room.
Pros
good pay
Cons
most sales people don't take any breaks, very slow on the week days to the point people watch tv on their phones
Great company
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Nashua, NHMarch 11, 2019
After having worked at Jordan's for over a year I have learned that it is an unbelievable company that really cares about its' employees. They should let senior employees be replaced if they cannot do their job.
Enchanted Village, Seasonal
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Avon, MANovember 29, 2018
Fast-paced work environment, long hours standing on your feet without a break, lots of managers always watching you, easy to move up opportunity wise, made great friends
Pros
Free meals
Cons
Multiple managers always watching you
Wasnt the best working environment ive been in
Cashier (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTNovember 6, 2018
My experience working at Jordan's Furniture wasn't what i imagined. The general manager had her favorites, fired those i felt she didnt like,and kept the ones she did. Overall, the team members were really fun to work with. They kept the job interesting.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Short breaks
Jordan's Furniture does Retail the Right Way
Sales Consultant/ Sleep Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Reading, MAOctober 9, 2018
Jordan's Furniture is where I truly learned what it means to be a sales professional. The company treats their employees as family and truly understands what it is like to work in the retail industry. It is a fun place to work and a great place to make a considerable amount of money!
Cons
Weekend and Holiday Work
Not great but not bad
Overnight Picker (Current Employee) –  East Taunton, MAOctober 1, 2018
This company is run well overall but not as much on the distribution level. The pay and benefits are pretty good but the management is just mediocre. The staffing is a bit confusing as far as workers to workload, both too much and too little depending on the department.
Pros
good pay, good company
Cons
unorganized, mismanagement of staffing
Great company!
Sleep Lab Technician (Current Employee) –  Natick, MASeptember 28, 2018
Jordan's Furniture is a great place to work. The people are very nice and supportive. The job was commission only and paid very well. The managers help everyone and listen to your needs as well. I cannot say enough good things about Jordan's. I would recommend them for anyone thinking of working in the furniture retail industry.
Pros
great people and a very good income.
Cons
the weekend schedule is tough on young families.
What s retail job should be!
Sleep Technician (Current Employee) –  New havenAugust 13, 2018
Simply the best retail job I've ever had. I will retire from this position. Having 3 days off to dsee my kids is absolutely priceless. My co workers are professional and highly motivated people whom are excellent representatives for our industry.
Pros
Benefits, pay, work life
It’s a great place to work
Janitor (Current Employee) –  Natick, MAAugust 12, 2018
I have been working there many years and I fell so good working there I like the job and I love the people
It was a friendly work environment with hard working employees that cared about what they did
Warehouse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Avon, MAAugust 2, 2018
I came into work, got dressed and assisted with any customers that needed help at the front desk. I picked up furniture with a pallet jack and loaded the furniture in a truck or car. Everyone there was real helpful and if you needed a question to be answered anyone would answer it he best way they can. The best part of that job was getting to know the people there and building good relationships.
Productive fun work environment
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Nashua, NHJuly 7, 2018
Jordan’s is an amazing company to work for everyone Treats you like family. You are welcomed with open arms. It’s very productive and fun place to work
Great company
Sleep Technician (Former Employee) –  MassachusettsJune 7, 2018
Great team.. training is impeccable.. must be committed to weekends and Holliday’s indefinitely. Great income however no raises straight commission...
Pros
Great money
Cons
Lack of personal life
Ambiente de trabajo divertido
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  ConnecticutMarch 4, 2018
Puedo manejar mi tiempo, excelente trato al empleado y excelente compañerismo.
Regional Facilities Electrician
Regional Facilities Electrician (Former Employee) –  Reading, MAOctober 17, 2017
Working in the Reading facility was not only a store but an experience. Being the regional facilities electrician and maintaining all of the electrical needs in four different locations became a everyday adventure and I did get the job done no matter what the issue of concern was.
Pros
Free popcorn and soda
Cons
low pay
Good job very competitive
Universal Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Nashua, NHOctober 14, 2017
Learned everything needed from excellent trainers about furniture.
Very competitive work environment. I have nothing negative to say about this company.
Pros
Great compensation for hours worked
Cons
Hard and tiring but if you need the money...
Extra Help (Former Employee) –  Manchester, CTSeptember 25, 2017
A typical day of work is getting up and driving to the warehouse it's hard and the people are equally hard workers hardest part is customers easiest is delivering the actual furniture.
Pros
Pays well
Cons
Short breaks, Hard work, Hard to plan vacation days
Good Company but not for young growing families
DESIGN CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTAugust 1, 2017
Good place to work, but if you are considering raising or have a young family, find a more flexible place to work. Weekends and Hoildays are a must!!!!
Pros
Discounts
Cons
LongHours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Jordan's Furniture. Our community is ready to answer.