Jos A. Bank Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Worst place to work
Sales (Former Employee) –  Fishkill, NYApril 12, 2018
Bad place to work for, they promote bad behavior and treat good employees horrible, pay is lousy , no raises no room to grow. They don't care about hard working employees, don't believe anything they say.
Pros
Commission
Cons
Hourly rate
Clean, workable environment. Great customers and emplyees.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Corona, CAApril 11, 2018
i enjoyed working at Jo's A Bank. Friendly atmosphere. Comission and opportunities to move up with in the company. Good hours and good discounts. Thank you Jo's A Bank.
Dont ever work there
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCFebruary 21, 2018
Walk into chaos and be the only responsible person there trying to help the store instead of looking at cellphone all day. Its very stressful working somewhere for so long and still not getting a raise.
Reward for Sales Improvement
Store Sales Manager/Turn-Around Manager (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAFebruary 13, 2018
Working at 2 locations I found that my efforts were rewarded often with promotional gifts and money.

I found the work cultural open to improving employee knowledge and skills to be successful.

Meeting and exceeding the customers need was the most rewarding and the returning customers with recommendations to others.
Pros
sample of the product
Cons
short breaks fast pace
I don’t recommend to anyone this company
Tailor (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJanuary 30, 2018
The worst company I worked in my life , they treat employees and customer with no respect ,they promote mediocre people and push out the high quality and highly skilled people. The leaders are very corrupt and take advantage of the company.they are running the stores in a mob stiles like,it seams that they are not accountable to no body.i am thankful I’m out !
ok place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 4, 2018
The company is very impersonal with its employees. They pay minimum wage plus commission but the commission wages are not always easy to make and changed a few times while i was there. The company had a bit of a change when they were purchased by Mens Wearhouse and seemed to be struggling to find a new identity.
Used to be great
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Tukwila, WADecember 28, 2017
Was an awesome place to work with lots of advancement and commission opportunity...Until Men's Wearhouse took over. Destroyed the pay rates right through store management created a hostile cutthroat work environment. Won't work or shop there again.
Pros
none anymore
Cons
impossible to get time off even when not in blackout dates, no advancement oppertunity anymore, minimum or below minimum wage depending on where you work.
Friendly Environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MODecember 6, 2017
Focus on making above my dollar amount quota for the day. We worked as a team to ensure that the store was successful in generating large profits. When it came to our customers their needs came first above ours with a personal touch! I always showed my clients how to match their clothing for business or casual wear with very detailed guidance.
Pros
My discount
Cons
Constant standing
Great!!!! Loved the People
Training Store Manager (Former Employee) –  New JerseyJuly 13, 2017
great company to work for....I did receive quite a bit of experience while employed for this company. I would recommend this company to someone. I met a lot of great people.
Commission Sales Are Driving Force
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 7, 2017
Open store, Check on Order status and stock product for the day

I learned to trust my instincts, promote product, and how to tend to customers needs
Fun place if you love fashion and putting looks together
Department Manager (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAJune 6, 2017
relaxing and balanced work day
management skills and customer service are key to success
excellent management
goal oriented and driven
pushed myself to be a better employee and manager
Pros
discounts and flexible hrs for students
Cons
unpredicable busy hrs
Nice place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 22, 2017
The location in which I was conveniently next to a Marta Station. The managers were lazy and encouraged the Sales Associates to perform their duties. I did not enjoy working here.
Pay is horrible but it will pay (some) bills
Sales Executive/ Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 3, 2017
I think commission could be a little better considering the prices of the suits. They always have great sales and that could be great for your commission.
Pros
Co-worker's and management are cool
Cons
Pay
Wonderful job.
Assistant Store Manger (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAApril 2, 2017
Very good company to work for.Great workplace culture and very good customers .A very enjoyable working environment and excellant salary.Breaks ,lunches .Vacations .The company provided free lunches and dinners during high sales times like christmas.
Pros
Many
Cons
Franchise
A job I was proud to have
Sales & Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Westlake, OHFebruary 27, 2017
Between a strong manager and a well built crew Jos. A Bank was for me a well oiled machine. Though most days were calm when it got busy we would pull together to become the most profitable location in our area.
Pros
a strong work ethic from all involved
Cons
customers with unreasonable expectations
My Jos A. Bank experience
SALES EXCUETIVE (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 10, 2017
The most important part of my time at Jos A. Bank would be the excitement of meeting new people, showing them are products. Displaying our merchandise in front of customers to paint a vivid visualization on how our clothing can benefit each customer I intended to sale to.
Pros
Building product knowledge, Learning the Autonomy of Suits
Cons
Commission Structure
Nice job but no advancement.
Assistant Store Mgr (Current Employee) –  Winnetka, ILNovember 14, 2016
I needed more money and advancement to move up in the company. Corporate was nice and the bosses were nice to work for. I need more money and a stronger income to take care of my family and I could not advance anymore.
Pros
Great customer service
Cons
No advancement
Good place for amature sales associates in retail to begin
Store Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 18, 2016
Good place for amature sales associates in retail to begin and gain daily change experiences without much learnings. Its good to fill resumes for another job. There is nothing or minor promotions and advancements. The fun is meeting your co-workers and chatting with clients. The hardest part of the job is when there is no traffic so you feel you are wasting your time.
productive professional work place
SALES EXECUTIVE (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 23, 2016
· Operated cash register while processing customer sales transactions, Assisted customers with sales and finding merchandise
· Stocked shelves with inventory, Answered telephones and addressed customer concerns
· Fitted customers with suits and tuxedos
Pros
great working enviornment, great staff
Cons
N/a
Productive but not well managed
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Loveland, COJanuary 28, 2016
The training was not the best, the store manager was hardy ever there, the assistant manager wasn't qualified to train. They didn't give enough hours, and due to that, your stats weren't that great. Also coworkers were not qualified to train and were very inappropriate on the floor and off the floor in the break room.