JoS. A Bank Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
My review
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Hanover, MDAugust 13, 2018
I was not impressed by management or upper management of the company. They would say one thing but do another. They played favorites. I worked hard as an employee and received no raise in the time frame I worked there, only because I wasnt a full time employee which they told me there were no positions for. However, soon after leaving there were new people hired and full time positions staffed.
good company
Manual Laborer (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GAAugust 11, 2018
excellent company
packing , shipping, receiving, scanning garments
I learned how to work in a fast paced environment.
the manager and supervisor were very kind to me.
Fast paced on wknds and slow on regular day.
Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXAugust 8, 2018
Be prepared for slow days and then overworked days during big sales. Turnover is high usually based on new mgt within the store. Upper mgt didn't visit enough to know what was going on...
Pros
Good commision during sale days.
Cons
Slow days during week and complete turnover in store mgt in a short period of time.
was slow at times. busness was elite clientele
lead sales person (Former Employee) –  Exton, PAAugust 7, 2018
Was a great place to work for awile was an easy pace learded to use UPS world ship to send out garments a few of my former coworkers are still friends
Pros
discounts 1st mangner was great
Cons
new mangner was arrogant person, and would sell out anyone .
I would recommend Jos. A. Bank to anyone as a good place to work with all the bells and whistles!
Master Tailor (Former Employee) –  Lees Summit, MOAugust 6, 2018
I spent my last 5 years of full time employment at Jos A. Bank. It was fasted paced, exciting and we never had a dull moment. The job gave me a very good quality of life. I received several raises and always had good reviews. I loved all of my customers and they loved me back. Everyone said I was the best tailor they ever had! Jos A. Bank afforded me the luxury to buy a home, take several cruises and purchase my dream car!
Pros
Benefits, clean new facility, work in teams, paid on time bi-weekly, and paid a competitive wage.
Cons
1 person operation sometimes needed help!
Helped the associate to be successful
Regional Director (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNAugust 3, 2018
Assocites don't leave the company because of the company they leave because of the management.
Associates should understand why they are asked to do something.
Language at work should be simple and free of politic.
Everyone should have a chance for advancement if they try .
Situational leadership is the key ( everyone is different and should approach differently).
We have to sell the ideas not tell them.
Follow KISS ( Keep it simple and stupid) approach.
Not a reflection of Tailored Brands
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Cumming, GAAugust 1, 2018
I can not give an accurate opinion about the company as a whole. I'm used to world-class customer service being the goal, not just for customers but also included employees.
Work Life
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Leesburg, VAJuly 24, 2018
It was a great experience to work at this location. I learned a lot and was a happy employee. I was given the opportunity to train with other employees and felt they treated us all fairly.
It was a fun environment and highly recommend working there.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLJuly 23, 2018
A typical work day was very easy for a sales associate. it was either putting away stock, or taking measurements for weddings or prom. I learned how to take measurements and a good sense of style for men's clothing.
The manager there was very cool. Great personality and if you needed anything, she would help you.
I don't think there was a hard part of a job, all my duties and responsibilities were fairly easy. The most enjoyable part of the job was the fact that my friend worked there, so we would work and hang out at the same time.
Good products but poor corporate support
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJuly 23, 2018
Really went down hill quickly after company was bought out by Men's Warehouse. My successor was paid a fraction of what I was paid so my superior was not able to find an adequate person for the job. I was able to lead employees to success before buyout. Commissions cut and always an emphasis for management to be top in sales because their commission is much less than sales staff.
Pros
Excellent products to sell
Cons
Commissions cut over the last several years.
Jos A Bank
Department Manager & Tuxedo Manager (Former Employee) –  Sicklerville, NJ 08081July 20, 2018
This is a good job however since the merger the company is keeping things tight espeically how much they pay. The customers are great and come back always. the wedding business is great too.
Pros
Great people to work with
Cons
low pay
this job was quick paced and very refined
Retail sales associate (Former Employee) –  Coral Gables, FL 33134July 20, 2018
a typical day at work consisted of cleaning the store, folding clothes, restocking, being a stylist for customers, fitting people, and taking measurements for the tailor to adjust the suit or customize the shirt. i learned how to fold clothes, how to fit people, and how to style. the work place culture was very collaborative and team oriented to work together to make a sale. the hardest part of the job was fitting people and sizing them due to the various body shapes and sizes it was always difficult to find the perfect fitting shirt and suit for a person and making the necessary marks for the tailor to do so. the most enjoyable part of the job was creating all these new connections with the customers to see them happy and content with what they're getting within in their budget.
Work environment is stressful & compeditive
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  The Villages, FLJuly 17, 2018
After years as an employee I have discovered favoritism & competition that is not needed. We are taught to be team players but......

Often times the hours are long & list of jobs to be completed in one day are to much. Most stores are shorthanded. There are wonderful days when things go smoothly and there is no cut-throat but usually needs to be brought to others in the store.

Customers are great!!!
Good job, poorly managed
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Hendersonville, TNJuly 3, 2018
Working at JoS. A. Bank was great for the most part, however, the manager of the store was lazy and not very bright, which made working there much less enjoyable. She has since been replaced, so I'm sure it is a great place to work now!
Pros
Fun, easy job
Cons
Poor Management
Good Experience
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Snellville, GAJuly 2, 2018
Employees get along and work together well to get the job done. I have strengthened my people skills since I've worked here and learned how to promote quality customer service.
good discount
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 30, 2018
long standing company good upper management greaat location good discount for you if you are a male . various locations to work at , great on line selling
Pros
good discount]
good place to work, enjoyed my time there
Asst. Manager (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJune 27, 2018
1. typical day> open or close store, open registers,take deposit to bank if needed, check alterations that are ready &call customers, help customers when they come in

2. learned> ways company wants things done

3.management>assign tasks to employee for the day

4.workplace culture> atmosphere very good

5.hardest> implementing new company ideas, policies & objectives

6.enjoyable> helping customers with advice,guidance & help with their clothing needs
Pros
good place to work, salary & commission very good
Cons
long hours, working nights & weekends
fun
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Woodstock, GAJune 26, 2018
The best company to work for. Cares for customers and the services provided to them. Most importantly cares for their employee and their well-being, it's driven to succeed. Always enjoy going in at work
Disappointed!!!
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 24, 2018
After working for a period of 6 years, I wasn't appreciated enough for my consistent increase in volume and achieving bonuses. Their loss my learning experience.
Decent place to work.
3rd Key / Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Marlton, NJJune 17, 2018
Jos A Bank was a decent place to work when I was there. A good job for someone in school unless you are at least an Assistant Manager. Thought I will admit I have heard things have improved since their merger with Mens Wearhouse.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at JoS. A Bank. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

1.8InHerSight Score

1.4Personal Development

2.2Career Opportunities

1.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight