JoS. A Bank Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Productive sales Environment
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, COMay 23, 2018
 Selling High end quality Clothing by identifying new sales opportunities, continually building a clientele base, making appointments, prompt follow up and follow through and continuing product knowledge.
Pros
discounts
Cons
pay rate
real calm and friendly workspace
Customer Services Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYMay 23, 2018
i would usually start my day by welcoming customers and ask if i can help them find anything after that i will get their neck and sleeve size and point them in the right direction , the management was pretty good always there when i i needed help and answered all of my questions
good
Department Manager (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZMay 18, 2018
great job atmosphere, horrible pay. I never know what to say here so I am no rambling. this is aggravating that I have to do this. I think I am almost done
Most unprofessional job ever.
TUXEDO MANAGER / SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMay 17, 2018
When i started working at Jos A Bank it was an okay job , but as my time there i started to get treated unfairly. I was always at work on time and or filling in for other people who called in , the pay wasnt enough to even put gas in my car for the week. The staff would treat me as though i was a slave , i did everyone's work on top of my own. My last two years there was the absolute worst.
best job
Sale Support (Former Employee) –  Allen, TXMay 15, 2018
if u have the best customer service u will be the best sale person at this job . and the customers are really nice and respectful and I never had a bad customer.
productive
Sales executive, men's suits specialist (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYMay 14, 2018
i learned how to be a salesman working on commission.We re talking about a cut throat experience you share with your coworkers.Mix feelings,animosity,you name it.That was the hardest part of the job.
Management would only care about productivity.
Good Company to work for
Director of Inventory Control (Former Employee) –  Hampstead, MDMay 14, 2018
Jos A Bank was a very large company. They focused on the upper management for compensation benefits. We all did a LOT of work - most days putting in 10-12 hours. It was a fun environment in the Finance department. Was taken over by Men's Wearhouse.
Pros
pay
Cons
hours
Slow and out of touch
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 10, 2018
This company is managed poorly and there is no question as to why the business is failing, they are completely out of touch with customer base and treat employees poorly.
very bad place to work
Shipping Dock / Jockey (Former Employee) –  Hanover, MDMay 5, 2018
The supervisors lie to you on a daily basis. They have favorite workers and treat them special. If you are not in the proper circle of friends, you are treated poorly.
Pros
There are no pros to this job
Cons
overworked, and under appreciated
Slow paced and lack of upper management communication
Store Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  IllinoisApril 30, 2018
Tasking was the daily goal. On top of customer service. Lack of hours for employees. No open communication with upper management. No work/life balance. High turnover.
Pros
Horrible Managment
Cons
Discounts
glad to be elsewhere
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJApril 24, 2018
One of the most technologically backward companies I've ever worked for in the beginning. Would have to fax everything due to no email. Live your job mentality and ridiculous hours. Remained open during remodels with drywall dust everywhere. Mens Wearhouse acquisition began nicely then eroded into our stores mimicking there's, GM's being paid hourly, sales cannibalization, etc. Glad to have gotten out when I did.
Pros
Salary at one point average at best
Cons
Everything else
The quality of co-workers is fantastic
Regional Sales Director (Former Employee) –  MichiganApril 20, 2018
The team was a supportive and very knowledgable. The management team was open for suggestions and knowledge on how a policy would impact the co-waorkers and/or the customers.
Very fast paced and always busy
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Dawsonville, GAApril 20, 2018
Learned how to measure for dress shirts. Was always busy so made the time go by fairly quickly. Enjoyed the people I worked with. Everyone was always kidding around but also getting their jobs done too.
Part Time Work
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VAApril 17, 2018
Very demanding and cut throat. If you did not have the right "standards" the management would not look your way. Customers needed high attention which was ok.
Sales
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Marlton, NJApril 13, 2018
I worked for the company for a while. It was a good job to transition from the military. I always enjoyed the employees and management. I wish the pay was higher then received.
Jos A Bank
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAApril 6, 2018
In 2016 Jos A bank was purchased by mens wearhouse, a division of Tailored Brands inc. Regional mgmt was assigned to oversea the stores after the takeover, eliminating current regional/district mgmt. that was very good. Quality of product, supplies, equipment suffered greatly in the following year and beyond making the decision to leave the company.
Great company i been here for 10 years
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALApril 4, 2018
The company is growing great time to jump on board. At times during the Christmas times the hours are crazy. Working every weekend is hard when you have family.
Pros
Commission
Cons
Hours
Not as enjoyable as in the past
Department Manager (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYApril 3, 2018
Totally different culture after the Mens Wearhouse buyout. I may as well be working for Mens Wearhouse, now. The sales and customer service approach is too aggressive now.
fast paced as it was acall center before Christmas
Customer Service Representative (Holiday Temp) (Former Employee) –  Hampstead, MDApril 2, 2018
Face pace as it was a call center before Christmas.
Individual approaches to customer service but company very leinent on returns and refunds.
Everyone knew the center was closing in January and moving so morale was just to stick out for the time
Pros
small Christmas gifts
Cons
no real training
Great place
Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 29, 2018
a fast pace work environment on your feet its really exciting meeting new people and them trusting you to dress them. I loved working there. also location was Awesome

Ask a question about working or interviewing at JoS. A Bank. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

1.7InHerSight Score

1.4Personal Development

2.2Career Opportunities

1.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight