JoS. A Bank Employee Reviews

You develop a personal clientele
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Rockwall, TXMay 21, 2019
Very relaxed and straight forward. If you know how to talk to people and make yourself personable to your clients, its a breeze. And during prom season, wedding season, and the holiday season, the money makes itself.
Pros
Mellow work environment
Cons
Customer service
good company
Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Waterford, CTMay 20, 2019
good environment/ good people. can at times get stressful. clean environment with low impact physical demands. region meetings to help learn merchandise and selling .
Great environment
Cashier/Sales (Former Employee) –  Tupelo, MSMay 19, 2019
Overall this was a great job. However the up close and personal attention needed to assist customers with measurements was simply not my thing. I felt very uncomfortable with the process of getting measurements.
Pros
Great job
Cons
Requirements
job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Glastonbury, CTMay 18, 2019
This job was one of the worst jobs I had. The lack of customers,things are way over priced and the pay is below the wage in this country.
The Management is very unprofessional and lack the skills that they need to have to run a business . They are for the most part not good people to work with , they steal your commission sales, etc.etc
Not a great place to work period.
The customers on a good day ,you might get two,three but they might buy 30.00 pair of socks and leave you wondering how you are going to eat the next day.
What the store needs to do is get better management , lower their prices or they will go under in the next few years.
love coming to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Leawood, KSMay 15, 2019
love coming to work and helping people find stuff to make them look good and feel good in. this is a very fun environment to work in and I wouldn't change it for anything
It was fine
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Horseheads, NYMay 12, 2019
It was a good job. I showed up, did my job, and went home. I was a low level sales associate in a retail job. There was no nonsense, I got along well with everyone, and it was a healthy work environment.
Unorganized and outdated
Assistant Manager II (Current Employee) –  Prairie Village, KSApril 28, 2019
This company is stuck in its old outdated ways. They are more focused corporate making money and reaping all the rewards. Managers pressure their employees to overwork themselves so they can gain a bonus. They believe success is driven by over promising and under delivering. Their most valuable assets is the employees they choose to ignore.
Pros
Clothing discounts
Cons
The management
New ownership
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Burlington, MAApril 22, 2019
I cannot write a proper review. Since leaving Jos.A. Bank, the company was bought by Men's Warehouse. I do not know the practices within their company.
Worklife at Jos. A. Bank
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Vestavia Hills, ALApril 18, 2019
From my experience while working at Jos a Bank has a lot of pros and cons. It has the potential of being an awesome workplace for individuals who would like to work in customer service/ sales consultant jobs. However, it may easily be ruined by poor management and lack of benefits. So if you are planning to join this company, get to know the current staff at the location and ask questions about their store and company standards.
Pros
Great relationships with team and customers
Cons
Poor management, low commission, high turnover rate
Jos A Bank
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLApril 18, 2019
i enjoyed the work, i got to meet new people everyday, the pay and commission system could have been better. Over all i liked working here and would consider working for again.
Productive place to work.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Saint Louis Park, MNApril 8, 2019
Lots to learn about the job. Would recommend starting off as a paid sales assistant. You can advance into commission work after you have a good grip on the product knowledge.

You should probably be a people person to work this job. People will have a ton of questions and you will need to be able to easily communicate with your customers and co worker to be efficient.

Company does a great job of promoting from within. Put your nose down work harder and you'll be on the management team in no time.
Pros
60-70% on merchandise.
Cons
lower payer especially right off the bat. After while you can have some good months. S
a nice introduction to retail
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 5, 2019
This was my first ever retail job. the steady pace and helpful management team that taught me how to do the job in a safe and understanding environment.
Learning Experience
Visual Merchandising (Former Employee) –  Denver, COApril 2, 2019
It is fun to learn about being a Clothier. This was my very first job. The pay rate I believe was unfair. When I worked their it was $7.75 an hour or commission, whichever is more. This was a brand new store so commission was impossible as we were also at the edge of town.
Not a good organization to work for
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCMarch 27, 2019
Very long hours, very poor management support, There was no appreciation or recognition of a job well done. Sales goals and programs were not clear or attainable.
Enjoyed my years with the company.
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Salem, NHMarch 27, 2019
I moved up from key holder to store manager within just a few years. I loved my peers, customers and management team. The product was beautiful and fun to sell!
Pros
good teams, fun atmosphere, great product
Decent day to day job in a company still catching up
Manager-In-Training (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNMarch 18, 2019
I enjoyed the time spent on the sales floor. I didn't ever feel pressured to push people into sales. However, this company is in the process of catching up with the industry. Sadly it feels as if they are just slightly behind the current trends; almost as if they aim their merchandise towards an middle aged/elderly market that believes that the old way is the right/only way. Moving up in this company is also rather difficult unless you have outstanding sales numbers.
Pros
nice culture with good management
Cons
slightly behind in trends, company in transition
My favorite job
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Salem, NHMarch 14, 2019
I absolutely love working there. It's fun, I just wish it was busier. I love the customer base and my co workers. I love my schedule for my son in school.
Pros
Fun relaxed atmosphere
great place to work
STORE MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMarch 13, 2019
You get to make people look good and handle all their clothing needs. The company offers a great discount on clothing for yourself and always has great sales.
Great place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILMarch 9, 2019
Great place to work and the management and lower level workers were all fantastic. I would recommend the job and company to anyone interested. Thank you Jos A Bank!
Managment
STORE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Glendale, WIMarch 6, 2019
Difficult place to work after company was acquired by Mens Warehouse purchased company. Middle and top management position were filled with younger persons who lack the skills to run a better Men's Store.
Pros
work life balance
Cons
poor management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at JoS. A Bank. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.2InHerSight Score

1.9Personal Development

2.7Career Opportunities

2.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight