JoS. A Bank Employee Reviews in Atlanta, GA

culture shift
Selling Associate (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 19, 2018
I left the company shortly after their merger with Men's Warehouse. The merger shifted the culture to one that promoted only the revenue interests of the company and none for the individual. Everything that could be done to stifle the individuals ability to grow a book of business and keep clients was done. With that the ability to move upward was also limited. I could not remain with the company in good conscience.
Pros
great discounts
Cons
limited income potential
helped men find shirts, shoes, and suits.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 2, 2018
A typical day involved selling suits, shoes, and shirts. Measuring out cuffs for pants-helping customers choose business outfits. Offering advice and information about sales to help make customers make a decision clearly.
Disappointed!!!
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 24, 2018
After working for a period of 6 years, I wasn't appreciated enough for my consistent increase in volume and achieving bonuses. Their loss my learning experience.
Stressful environment with high turnover.
Assistant Manager / Training Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 12, 2018
Overall experience for me is not conducive to long term career. Irregular and sometimes long hours are disruptive to stable lifestyle. Upper Management leading company in negative direction that will hurt business long term and negatively impact rank & file employees. Management not concerned with employee morale.
Pros
Opportunity to make good wages.
Cons
Crazy hours, unrealistic expectations from upper management.
great
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 21, 2018
learned a lot about sales. I would recommend anyone looking for a first time experience in sales to join jos a banks to gather a beginners knowledge in sales.
Productive tine
Tailor (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 21, 2018
Nice work environment in high season we have overtime sew machines work fast free lunch in holidays sick days holiday paid annual review affordable health care insurance
Pros
Paid time off
Cons
Low pay rates
great experience workplace
Sells Associate (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 7, 2017
Jos A. Banks has given me great experience. Having a chance to work there, I've learned to come together with others as a team. Jos A. Banks improved many skills. I had such great experience working there.
Pros
Friendly people
Nice place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 22, 2017
The location in which I was conveniently next to a Marta Station. The managers were lazy and encouraged the Sales Associates to perform their duties. I did not enjoy working here.
Great place to work at for college student
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 10, 2017
The hours were always flexible and management always worked with you. It was quite hard to advance within the company however. I was there for 2 years and remained within the same position at the same pay rate, which led to my resign.
Pros
Company paid for lunch on weekends
Cons
Hard to move up within the company
My Jos A. Bank experience
SALES EXCUETIVE (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 10, 2017
The most important part of my time at Jos A. Bank would be the excitement of meeting new people, showing them are products. Displaying our merchandise in front of customers to paint a vivid visualization on how our clothing can benefit each customer I intended to sale to.
Pros
Building product knowledge, Learning the Autonomy of Suits
Cons
Commission Structure
Job was ok. Got benefits and profit sharing
Clothing Stores (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 1, 2016
Head shipping clerk. Goods came in, I check it out and gave this info to asst. manager. Called main office and checked with them as well regarding goods we rec'd.
Pros
Profit sharing was great.
its a good job
Sales Executive - Commissioned (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 27, 2016
book weddings keep store clean help build costumer's wardrobe great work environment dealing with difficult wedding parties is tough but seeing customers happy with a loo I put together is the best part
Pros
clothes
Cons
bridezilas
Great Experience - changing culture
Upscale Men Clothiers - GENERAL MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 9, 2015
The overall Brand of Jos. A Bank permitted an exchange of service and quality which was bar none. The level of client engagement was high yielding and the quality of goods were consistently complimentary. Yet, there was a great level of uncertainty though the transition and acquisition of the brand by Men's Wearhouse. The compensation was meager and unparalleled to the expected company standards. The recruitment of astutely qualified employees were difficult due to the lack of focus on a employee centric environment: leading to high turnovers and low moral.
Pros
Clothing discounts
Cons
compensation
not a great place
Assistant Manager, Lead Stylist (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 12, 2014
Comminsion based and was told it would be 8% of my daily sale but that was not the case it was on a draw base and part of managent I was working 45 - 50 hours week and most of that was tasking and due to hours worked it was challangeing to achive draw
Opportunity to learn skills and improve on people skills
Sales Support/ Visual & Sales (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 3, 2014
I've been her for the company a total of a year. As such, I have learned a lot about the retail industry and even more-so of myself.
Sales
Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta gaJanuary 16, 2014
A poorly run company with little room for advancement. A small pay scale makes this company non-competitive with the rest of the market
Pros
Good customers
Cons
low pay poor management
bad
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 29, 2013
Unreasonable expectations with little pay to compensate and always boasting about sales and profits while cutting pay and hours. horrible company to work for
Pros
none none none none none none
Cons
everything
Good place to work, challenging, exciting.
STORE MANAGER/ ASSISTANT MANGER (Former Employee) –  atlanta georgiaDecember 21, 2012
Opening the store and preparing for the day of business.
I learned a lot about running a business, the ups and downs. Management was good. Co-workers were great, we had fun during the day , never a dull moment. Tha hardest part was during very busy times trying to perform management duties and assist employees, customer service, the tailor shop, shipping and receiving, unsatisfied customers all at once. but at the end of the day you didi it all and the water is calm.
Pros
great customers from all walks of life.
Cons
short breaks.