Joseph P. Addabbo Family Health Center Employee Reviews

Productive, organized work place
Marketing Representative (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYSeptember 20, 2018
A typical day at work was helping medical assistants with taking patients vitals, blood sugar and glucose. Also taking EKG's, and inputting patient information into the medical computer system. I learned how to work in a serious office environment and how to deal with customers who were not very friendly because of the wait time for doctors. The most enjoyable part of the job was being there because I was always so engaged in the work.
Pros
Friendly environment, learning opportunities
Cons
45 minutes from my home
per diem vs full time
Maintenance Custodian, Per Diem (Current Employee) –  Arverne, NY 11692December 13, 2017
If you could somehow make a full time it would be great with benefits and steady work schedule other than that it becomes very difficult. And your work to life ratio is horrible called in to work late nights and then early morning.
Pros
You make a little money
Cons
Hope for a good manager.
productive work place
Medical Assistant/Phlebotomist/Registration Clerk (Former Employee) –  6200 Beach Channel Drive, Arverne, NYNovember 26, 2017
This facility is multifaceted and offered a variety of work experience. You are never really able to stay in one work area for long. The employees are constantly being transferred to another work location and having to learn those doctors and staff members. which is inconvenient in many ways but on the positive side you develop new relationships and learn new skills.
Pros
Benefits from 1199SEIU
Cons
Management sucks!
Internship
Internship,HR Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Arverne, NYOctober 21, 2017
During my internship, I learned a great deal about the company. Upon completion of my internship I was hired as a full-time employee.I worked in various departments before being hired permanently. This gave me an opportunity to enhance my skills to become a valued employee.
Joseph p addabbo family health center
Medical Biller (Former Employee) –  Arverne, NYSeptember 3, 2017
My hours were from 9-5, but I always was there between 7-7:30 am
I honed my billing skills there and my computer skills, learned or started learn the icd10
The last few months before I retired, we got a new supervisor and CEO, so I was just getting use to the way were changing things
Our billing group was like family, we had our disagreements but we worked well together. It was good group..
The hardest part of the job was being appreciated by management
The best part was exchanging information with each other on how to get things done and finishing our projects on time
Pros
hourly lunches, 12 paid holidays, paid sick days and vacation days
Cons
no advancement for union workers
High paying
Medical / Dental Clerk (Current Employee) –  Queens, NYMay 9, 2017
Company is ok hireing mostly done internaly or usually hire known employees besides that company is ok to work for union 1199 company has benifits like sick days for non union
Great place to work and learn.
Registrar Clerk (Current Employee) –  Arverne, NYDecember 16, 2016
Enjoy interacting with clients and employee/employers. Have the opportunity to independently advocate for the clients who are unable to speak the English language or have trouble understanding about their insurance coverage.
Pros
Community oriented
Cons
limited places to eat lunch
Good organization, well run
Assistant Director of Facilities (Former Employee) –  Far Rockaway, NYJanuary 8, 2016
Fun place to work, especially traveling to the different sites

Learn how a part of government health organization work.

I report to the director of facility as the the assistant, i basically run the operation.

Great people to work with, and i get to meet lot of interesting people.

Going to court, to represent the organization, if they get an violation.

Just being around the people and the vibration they emit.
Pros
Traveling
Cons
No health benefit _ work part time
It is a decent place to work
License Practical Nurse - Assisting Family (Current Employee) –  queens nyOctober 2, 2013
I enjoy working with the doctors and other medical staff. The hardest part of the job is patients already in bad mood. The most enjoyable part of the job is helping patients and watching the younger patients grow.
typical day at work
Securtiy Officer (Former Employee) –  Arverne NYSeptember 5, 2013
I did my job and was professional about it even when most employees were not
Pros
doing a job that i love
Cons
very unprofessional
Helth care facility for specific community
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Jamaica, NYJanuary 31, 2013
Joseph Addabbo FHC is my first nursing job. I've learned a lot and got great out-patient experience.
Pros
great personel
Cons
emploees health care coverage

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Joseph P. Addabbo Family Health Center. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about