Joshua M. Freeman Foundation

Working at Joshua M. Freeman Foundation: 5 Reviews

United States5 reviews

Professional, fulfilling and team-centered approach

This organization practices what it preaches, and the mission is fulfilling as it relates to impact on the local community. The flow of work is fairly steady as the varying projects require strong skills in prioritization and focus. Leadership provides consistent guidance and a balanced approach to achieving work goals, with opportunities to grow in one's role. At the end of the day, hearing about and physically witnessing the joy that the arts bring to people's lives is what excites me to bring complete dedication and devotion both to my role and to the organization.

Wonderful people; extremely well run organization

JMFF manages The Freeman Stage and in 2020, that was a challenge. But this organization has grit and a commitment to their mission that is second to none. As a small nonprofit, JMFF asks a lot of their employees. You wear many hats and pitch in where you are needed. But there is a lot of heart and a strong sense of comradery among team members. The fact that it was able to pull off a performing arts season this year, in the middle of a pandemic, is a testament to their leadership and tenacity as an organization. The commitment to supporting local schools with their Arts in Education program is strong, but again, it was made very difficult in 2020. Still they came up with some innovative programs to help keep the arts present in the lives of school kids on the Delmarva Peninsula. This is a hard-working, sustainable organization that will prevail through this pandemic and come out stronger on the other side.

Joshua M. Freeman Foundation insights

What people like
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager
  • Overall satisfaction

Great Place to Work and Enjoy Arts and Entertainment in the Summer Season

I joined the Freeman Foundation in February of 2020. I was looking for a retirement job close to where I live at the beach. I came across an opening here and am so very glad I applied. What a great group of people. The mission of this organization is very special, providing arts access to schools in Sussex County, DE and Worcester County, MD. It has been many years since I was the only HR person for a company, but it has been like riding a bike, it all comes back to you.

Pros

Summer outdoor concerts

Cons

Great on the outside, terrible on the inside

This organization was terrible. They present themselves in the public eye as caring but it is loaded with hypocrisy and micromanagement. I would not recommend working for this organization unless you are the type of person the thrives in a micromanagement atmosphere.

Official response from Joshua M. Freeman Foundation

December 8, 2020
This is not a true representation of the company. It is a great place to work that requires dedication, passion, organization and attention to details.

Great group of people to work with

The fellow employees were great and always ready to lend a helping hand, even if the job was not part of their job description.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Joshua M. Freeman Foundation. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.4 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits