Jostens, Inc. Employee Reviews

Life at Jostens
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, TNJuly 11, 2018
It's a pretty awesome place to work you can either dress buisnesss casual or relaxed it's up to you just don't come to work in jammies LoL.also the pay is decent and you get the opportunity to receive pay raise's after a few months even working as a temp the only downside is that Jostens makes yearbooks and yearbooks are seasonal so you may get layer off more than likely unless you really bust your tail it's possible you could get converted over to fill a particular open slot if you prove yourself competent of of the positions requirements.
Pros
Decent starting pay and Free 30 mins lunch and breaks every 2 hours
Cons
You may get layed off
Get back what you put in
Yearbook Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAJune 16, 2018
This is a sales position, so you will have to work hard at it. You get your own territory and travel a lot as you visit schools. You will need to be good with kids. And, thanks to cell phones, you're pretty much on call all the time.
Pros
Manage your own territory and summers off
Cons
I would go back but it’s only because I can’t find anything else right now
Packer (Former Employee) –  Laurens, SCJune 13, 2018
When I first worked at Jostens it was a good place but when I came back it was just a job.Management is based on favoritism. I was one of the top packers there.I really loved my job just not the management
Typical day
Quality Control Clerk (Current Employee) –  Clarksville, TNJune 11, 2018
My typical night at Jostens was very laid back. I worked by myself and time was at my own pace. The environment and people are very nice & respectful.
Pros
Work-friendly environment
Cons
Need a food court
Jostens is a company that services the high schools I work in the ring manufacturing part
Ring Inspector (Former Employee) –  Denton, TX 76208February 9, 2018
I work in the part of the company that make the jewelry it was a cool thing to do I inspected the jewelry before it went out to the customer
In November and December you worked long hours to make sure the customer had that ring in a timely manner
Stressful at times
PAINT AND REAM OPERATOR (Current Employee) –  Denton, TXJanuary 26, 2018
The department I work in needs 3 people to run smoothly but I am left to do a 3 person job by myself. I get help here and there but It makes the job very stressful and highly irritating. The management of my department is poor and if you are young you are basically looked at as a pest or a throw away so no one really takes the time to respect you.
Pros
Paid vacation and personal time
Cons
short breaks
Silk Screen Operator (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, TNJanuary 11, 2018
Repetitive work but it's easy work. Relaxed atmosphere. The Management in my department was very poor, but that happens with most businesses. Lack of communication in management.
Alright
Support service associate (Current Employee) –  Owatonna, MNNovember 19, 2017
Depends on the person. Some people may like it and others may not. Sometimes it is fast paced job. Sometimes it can also be slow and relaxed. Hardest part is having people yell at you.
Pros
office
Cons
short lunch, have to sell so much for commission
Great company to work for
Territory Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Snoqualmie, WAAugust 1, 2017
I enjoyed working at Jostens. My position was part-time seasonal. I am currently looking for a full time position and Jostens was not hiring for full time.
Pros
Wonderful products
Cons
Part-time seasonal positions are the only availability.
Decent Job
Wax Injector (Former Employee) –  Denton, TXJuly 11, 2017
It's a fun job to have because you learn something new and it is actually fun getting to help make jewelry and create what is a memory for someone. The workplace environment is good and the benefits are great
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, TNMarch 27, 2017
Hours are good either 8 or 12 hour shifts. Management is friendly and personable. Job environment is awesome. Break room is off the chain!!! Only down fall is lay offs.
The most stable, well adjusted place to work.
Digital Asset Managment: Artist I (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNMarch 23, 2017
A typical day included cataloging digital assets in the Jostens database, setting up renders for display through the website's ring preview program, and managing automations for batch editing of digital assets. I learned CorelDraw, a renewed grasp on Microsoft Office, and a fair bit of Java Programming. The only thing this job lacked was a strong job culture. It was very much just a sea of cubicles in which you could go days without having to talk to anyone. The hardest part of the job was making plans of attack for certain batch jobs or finding an elusive asset. The most enjoyable part of the job was solving new problems that arose. This company has people who have worked their whole lives with them, and for good reason. They are a reasonable company with a menagerie of benefits, along with consistent yearly raises. If you are looking for a job that is secure and consistent, you will find none more so than Jostens.
Pros
Job Security, Benefits, Training
Cons
If you don't like the idea of working in a cubicle 9-5, you will lose your mind.
Tassal data (Former Employee) –  Laurens, SCMarch 20, 2017
This plant is only a place to work thur temp service for a good season some time they will keep you on this job for a while but this place have been closed for about two years
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Shortbreaks
fun work place
Feeder Operator (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, TNMarch 8, 2017
I enjoyed the people. I also enjoyed what I did everyday. That is hard to find these days. A job you are ready to go to and make money and not be stressed out.
enjoyable environment and working conditions
Quality Control Technician (Former Employee) –  Attleboro, MAFebruary 22, 2017
Starting your day with a simle and good hours with lunch and mid breaks. I learned a lot about manufacturing procedures like CNC milling, engraving,antquiting, enamel, and inspection of raw and finish materials as well as stones- color, cut and sizes. Knowing how to read and understanding customer orders, and being customer focus for a quality product.
Management was diligent on training employees for standard operation procedures and noticing when employees are customer focus,also making sure we have a safe and comfortable enviorment.
Being willing to learn new procedures can be hard for those that are use to doing things a certain way.
Everything I learned and did was enjoyable to do, and having milestone events where employes were celebrated for their years of service is awesome.
I only wish they never left.
Pros
Good Hours and environment
Production
Stone Setter (Former Employee) –  Denton, TXDecember 20, 2016
This company is a great place for you if you like a unstable work schedule. Slow summers long winters and even shut down mid year for at least 1 week with no pay. Well you can use your vaction of course.
Fast pace enviroment and experience was needed
Jewelry Specialist (Former Employee) –  Denton, TXNovember 27, 2016
It's was a fast pace work flow.. made the time go by reall fast.. love working on jewelry and other pieces of jewlery.. like to make things really shinny and bright.. always put a smile on my face when I was done cuz of the way it always looked..
Pros
Good work environment
Cons
Two ten minute breaks and 30 min lunch
Very fun and fast work place
Computer Operator (Former Employee) –  Topeka, KSOctober 27, 2016
A typical day I would review and check pages of work sent in by different schools. I learned new programs every year. The schools always added new features to their pages to make them look nice. I LOVED management, if I have a problem I would get it resolved quickly. The hardest part of my job was making the schools relies how much time and work we put in their yearbook to make it look GREAT! The most enjoyable part of my job was seeing and reading reviews of the yearbooks after the schools had received them.
Pros
great people to work for
Cons
long hours with LOTS of overtime
Meh, at most
Emery Tech (Former Employee) –  Denton, TXOctober 17, 2016
You can draw a paycheck here. Most of the work is maddeningly repetitive, more than other assembly line work I've done, and sometimes even dangerous after your brain has turned to oatmeal the way it tends to after sitting for 12 hours. The people seem happy enough I suppose. Don't expect more than a punch-in, punch-out and an occasional coaching when you don't hit a number (but even that's pretty easy.) they also temp to hire, have no experience working for them, but i dont imagine its much different. theres not much room to have an off-day though, it is, above all, a machine.
Pros
Low maintenance
Cons
Low maintenance
I really enjoyed working here
Bindery Worker (Former Employee) –  Visalia, CAJuly 3, 2016
Everyday when i would arrive at work I would have to talk to the previous shift to see how there day was. When my shift would start I would load the machine with the books to be bound. At the end of the day I would clean the machine.