Jostens Employee Reviews

Watch your back.
Leader (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNAugust 16, 2019
Very competitive internally. Everyone worked to get ahead against their peers. Was not sure of direction of ceo. CEO brought in friends and family, no regard for current talent there, then fired most oh his hires.
Complete & Utter Confusion
Commerical Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, TNAugust 13, 2019
Poor and incompetent manager in commercial. Workload is tremendous and production is a mess. Customers are not important and empoyees are talked down to, bullied and encouraged to quit. No support can be found in trying to do your job. Management on all levels are competely incompetent. Lies are encouraged to hold of angry customers. Horrible place to work.
Stone Setter / Engraving (Current Employee) –  Denton, TXJuly 31, 2019
Jostens was a great place to work at I was on 2nd shift for 2 years then I moved to first shift. First shift is a whole other world. Management is terrible.
Tons of opportunity to advance, great HR reps, good workplace
Laser Operator (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, TNJuly 26, 2019
You are assigned to a department inside the plant, depending on where you are at it is on the ground training. There is plenty of overtime and you learn tons of skills. Very structured job.
Pros
Overtime, benefits, fun coworkers
Cons
Not the best 401k but hey, its something.
Company ending
Manager (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJuly 23, 2019
This industry is not relevant. Who buys yearbooks and rings? Working for the company you never really know what is going to happen with your job. One day you are moving one direction and working hard and the next day you are asked to change. The reps are all off and doing their on the side business. There is a lot of under table dealings, this will so go away as they have had legal action against them. Was a great industry, but aging sales force, product that is not relevant and coming up on 120 years, they will also fall. I give it 4 years before they are sold again.
Relaxed environment
Boxer (Former Employee) –  Shelbyville, TNJuly 21, 2019
Since Jostens is a factory, we were required a lot of overtime, especially during the first half of the year. I didn’t mind 8-10 hr shifts but when it came to 12 hrs a day 5–6 times a week I felt overworked (especially when we came in at 5am one day & 7am the next). I rated management 4 stars due to their poor communication with eachother. Overall, it’s a good place to work at if you don’t mind a lot of overtime.
Pros
Fair pay, benefits, & relaxed environment.
Cons
Overtime, management, & short lunch breaks.
Productive and fun workplace
Screen Printer (Former Employee) –  Laurens, SCJuly 20, 2019
Working at Jostens was exciting and fun. As long as you go to work, be on time, an show yourself approved. Then you job is secured. The plant manager is a delight to be around an is very up lifting. I learned a lot working at Jostens.
Productive and busy place to work.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Owatonna, MNJuly 14, 2019
Overall a nice place to work. It can be very stressful during the busy seasons, but in the long run feels very rewarding when graduation products have been successfully sent.
Pros
Compensation, recognition and the people.
Cons
Long hours and lots of overtime.
Decent place to work for what is available.
Warranty Senior Editor (Former Employee) –  Denton, TXJuly 2, 2019
Good company, good job, little room for advancement, benefits are good but not exceptional. We dealt with warranty related issues while through experience and expertise had to understand all related fields of the customer service based business to complete and manage returns and repairs. The culture was adequate. The relationship between management and employees was fruitful. There was a high paced demand for productivity. The employees have always been the gears that have created a good company.
Pros
Inusrance, job security.
Cons
Stressfull, lack of advancement, .
Don't recommend unless you like stress
Order Managment (Former Employee) –  Owatonna, MNJune 26, 2019
Lots of overtime, management that doesn't care, they say one thing then do another, problems never get addressed, I would not recommend working at Jostens as a full time employee.
Wonderful place to work
Consumer Affairs Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Owatonna, MNJune 24, 2019
Jostens is a wonderful place to work. They offer multiple opportunities for advancement and wonderful leadership. There are many different options as far as positions, and prefer to hire within the company.
Good work environment very well managed
Press Operator (Former Employee) –  Shelbyville, TNJune 23, 2019
Overall I liked the job that I did at jostens. I would really like to get back in that field of work again. I have sice relocated to Nashville and would like to find a similar work environment.
Love my cowrkers
Order Processor Clerk (Current Employee) –  Owatonna, MNJune 22, 2019
Work in a fast paced environment, feels like family, entering orders for customers graduation needs, rings and diplomas. Overtime is nice at time and a half and double time on sundays.
Jostens was a great place to work
Outside of customer service and sales (Former Employee) –  Owatonna, MNJune 13, 2019
I really enjoyed my 7 years at Jostens. I made a lot of good friends that I still have the people were fun and nice. Jostens tries really hard to keep the culture and atmosphere conducive to working in an environment with many other employees in cubicles.
Expiditor (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, TNJune 8, 2019
I have no opinions about working here it was OK for the time being boring if you are not a operator.it is a easy job for lazy people but it was not for me.
It was i nice place to work
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, TNJune 5, 2019
Work hard and stay on task be on time never later be responsible work like a slave you are not going to be respected by the big bosses and expect to be treated like you are nothing but someone who can be replaced at any time
Pros
Free ice and water
Cons
Short breaks
Not a bad place to work
Other (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJune 4, 2019
Capable employees, long tenures the norm, good management. The culture is generally good and employees are treated well typically. However the life/work balance needs improvement for many IT positions.
productive and fun workplace
Cover Artist (Former Employee) –  Topeka, KSJune 3, 2019
I have worked at Jostens for over 20 years. The people are very nice to work with. Jostens has changed a lot since I started working there. Since the cover Department moved to Clarksville Tennessee the company seems much smaller and the employees pretty much all know each other now.
Pros
We get a few free lunches each year
Jostens
Packer/Picker (Former Employee) –  Shelbyville, TNMay 30, 2019
I would work there again! It’s a great work environment, great people, great management. List could go on. Unfortunately the season ended and I had moved
nice place
Printing Press Operator (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCMay 30, 2019
i enjoyed my time at jostens. i hate i had to leave , but i had to relocate. very relaxed , fun , enjoyable place to work. I would love to go back if possible.