Jostens Employee Reviews

Great work place
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Clarksville, TNSeptember 23, 2018
Great work place and very friendly work environment. Being able to make lasting memories for our customers is very important and is a very rewarding feeling.
Hardest part of the job
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Owatonna, MNSeptember 20, 2018
The hardest part of the job is working a tremendous amount of overtime and being away from your family. Trying to juggle more work being expected to get done and not enough people to do it.
Pros
Great co-workers and Friends
Excellent place to work!
Softproof Inspection Operator (Current Employee) –  Visalia, CASeptember 13, 2018
I enjoy the atmosphere with my coworkers. I like being challenged and everyday is different. My supervisor is the best people person I know. We can always go to him about anything.
High Level of Autonomy, Leadership Lacking
Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNSeptember 13, 2018
Besides the CEO and a few other leaders, most of leadership in Marketing organization needs to be replaced with more knowledgable, empathetic and humble people. The tenure of the large sales force is another challenge as well, though if you can be known as a high performer and past the high barrier of trust, they can become more amicable.
Pros
Good benefits, ability to push own projects and travel
Cons
Leadership and Culture
Easy going workplace.
SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  otherSeptember 12, 2018
Josten's is a seasonal job, where you go to different colleges throughout the 5 boro's. This is a great job for someone just looking to make some extra money. I need full-time employment which they are not offering. The hardest part of the job would be all the stuff you have to carry and parking isn't always close.
Pros
You start getting paid the minute you turn on your car.
Cons
Some of the neighborhoods you have to go to.
Great company to work for if you can manage to get full time!!
Cover Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Clarksville, TNAugust 27, 2018
Great company to work for once you make it full time, like one big family. Downside is high turnover rates due to not having work year round. Opportunities to move up are slim due to once people get a job here they stay 30 or more years,
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
high turnover rates
Flexible place to work
Field Operations/Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 23, 2018
Hours are flexible and representatives are great to work with. Working with the kids is fun but office work is very fast paced and you must be able to stay organized.
overtime overload
Antique Dealer/ Wiper (Former Employee) –  Denton, TXAugust 23, 2018
place is horrible on management, never have a set goal to meet and schedule is never consistent. Plus in the summer you get laid off weeks at a time. Really fast paced environment
You reap what you sew.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Yarmouth, MEAugust 16, 2018
Jostens is a fun an interactive business to work for. There are many different aspects to the company that make it enjoyable, on top of helping kids be creative and create something that will go down in history!
Dont go to jail if you dont have to.
Stonesetter/Bezel Setter (Former Employee) –  Denton, TXAugust 11, 2018
Where do I begin. Ill start with my average day. People have lockers to lock up their cell phones as they are not allowed in the plant. Also a lot of metal objects are rejected. MP3s are allowed but if your work section doesn't allow you to listen, then you are stuck without much fun. In the stone setting section, there was a lot of politics as I wasn't allowed to talk on the floor but plenty of the senior members were able to run their mouths with no repercussions. I never felt appreciated while i worked in stone setting. I got moved to core in the middle of my tenure there and that job was pretty cool, the manager was better and it wasn't as strict on the floor. All in all, if you want work, its here but i wouldn't sell my soul to work for this company.
Pros
I have none, maybe the OT
Cons
50 minute break for a 8+ hour work day, jail like conditions, 30 minutes of "outside time"
alright job
Packager (Former Employee) –  Denton, TXAugust 9, 2018
A typical day at work was always in a hurry. I learned how to package. The management was not so great they pushed you to your limit making us stressed out in our work. the fun part was had friends to talk to so they day would pass by fast.
O.k. If you like alot of overtime
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  ShelbyvilleAugust 9, 2018
I have been at Jostens for 3 seasons. Raises are not given. Vacation days are a joke, they will not give them to you. Seasonal employees off for 5 months. Unemployment benefits are a hassle. Josten will not help you get it. Too much overtime. Some full time employees are visious I have watched them stop at nothing to get someone fired that was not in the "click"
Pros
Decent pay because of overtime. Work with little supervision
Cons
Too much overtime
Fast paced
Order Processor (Former Employee) –  Owatonna, MNAugust 7, 2018
Jostens was very fast paced and constantly changing. Working with your coworkers is a must. There was some lady offs during the slow seasons (summer)
Financial Analyst
Financial Analyst-Jewelry (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNAugust 6, 2018
The position was good, but I was unsure about my future growth within the company. I didn't like some oft the moves that the upper management made, and felt undervalued.
Nothing was the same
Assembly Worker (Current Employee) –  Denton, TXAugust 4, 2018
On a day to day basis things would change. Consistency was a challenge do to their ever changing schedule. The communication from the team pass down could be unproved in order to accomplish the goal.
Pros
It challenged me to be creative with the job at hand. It allowed me to express my individuality.
Cons
time management is essential when coordinating lunch breaks.
Poor managment.
Machine Operator(Cover Case Make) (Current Employee) –  Shelbyville, TNAugust 2, 2018
Would not recommend due to the poor judgement from management. Also there are Co-Workers who are two faced and will slander you for personal gain. In my opinion the pay is not worth it.
Internal Promotions - Good People - Rich History
Computer Programmer (Current Employee) –  Shelbyville, TNJuly 30, 2018
My typical day at work is spent working on program development to assist other departmental requirements. Support for developed software as well as interactions between my code and other existing applications.
Pros
Rich company history with a positive work attitude
Cons
off site supervisor causing communication challenges
Poor Management
Warranty team Lead (Former Employee) –  Denton, TXJuly 29, 2018
If you are looking to advance good luck.. Upper management are all either related or buddies. This place is a joke. They work you like a slave and are petty about everything. I wouldn’t recommend anyone work here.
Pros
Paid vacation
Cons
Too many to name
sold out
Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  moore oklahomaJuly 27, 2018
great company until they sold out. They were easy to work with and listened to the people that worked hard. I grew my territory with help from the upper managment
It’s a good job if you can handle it.
Coach/TrainerCoach (Former Employee) –  Denton, TXJuly 25, 2018
It’s a good job if you can handle it. I worked there for 10 years it was very hard. Very much a cutthroat job. Just keep your head down and keep going. Hope for the best.
Pros
You got paid
Cons
Yeah just hang in there